Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find-a-Player

Options
  • 22-09-2008 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭

I've seen this idea used on U.S. and U.K. boards and it seems a good 'un.

Basically, you can post up here where you're based, the games you play, and a prefered contact method, just so people can find players of similar games. If people are keen, I may just edit this post so that all the details are visible to browsers on the first page! A sticky may also be helpful.

I'll kick it off:

Derek (geeky)
    Based: Dublin
    Games played:
    Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Blood Bowl (I'm open to trying other games too)
    Prefered contact method: PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Paulo79

Paul(Nerd)
    Based - Limerick
    Games - Warhammer 40000
    Contact-PM

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

wow this didnt get off well...

Andrew (extreme sports nerd)
    Dublin
    Warhammer 40,00 ; on my way to making a warhammer fantasy army but its not going fast
    Pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I think it hasn't really taken off because the normal way to find gamers, in the big urban areas anyway, is to go to your local gaming store or club.

So Andrew, or Derek, if you haven't yet, then come in to Models Inc some wednesday and join the Dublin Games Guild, or a Tuesday and join the Underground Gamers, or any other day and chat with whoever happens to be there at the time.

We play all the games mentioned so far, and it's nice to have a decent size community of gamers, and you can get that instantly by joining an established club. Plus we get new people to play against that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah OK, tell me where you saw this in the US because I need a game.

Advertisement