Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server types?

• 22-09-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was under the impression that WAR didn't have PVP/PVE servers but having read other threads I am seeing mention of 'open' servers....are these the equivalent of PVP servers.

I just starterd playing over the weekend and joined a low population server, when I got twords the end of the first map I entered a contested area and was flagged for PVP, I thought all the servers worked this way....I was not flagged for PVP when questing on most of the map.

So are there PVP/PVE servers? what type of server am I on :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Sconsey wrote: »
    So are there PVP/PVE servers? what type of server am I on :confused:

Perhaps if you gave us a clue or two... ohh I don't know.... say maybe the name of the server you're on for a start...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Dunno the name of the server, am at work so can't check...maybe you could answer the main question of are there two types of servers (PVP/PVE)?

The clue was in my post, it's the text that comes befor the question mark :p

If I was a betting man I'd say its a PvE server you're on. since I'd imagine you wouldn't get flagged on a Open (PvP) server

Also there was no question mark :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 3D

There is two major types of server:-
    Open - you are continually flagged for pvp.
    Core - you are only flagged in pvp areas (Also known as PVE server).

If you got to the end of the map and then found yourself RvR flagged then you are most likely entering a RvR area on a Core server.
    If I was a betting man I'd say its a PvE server you're on. since I'd imagine you wouldn't get flagged on a Open (PvP) server

Just to add to the confusion you do see the RvR flag going on and off on a Open server - just jump on a bird to see this effect. But in general it is always on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Rev Hellfire & 3D, thanks for the replies, based on what you are describing I am on a core (PVE) which suites me just fine as I am getting creamed in any PVP action at the moment!

Also there was no question mark :D
    Lol, there was a question mark....and I'm not talking about the little ones above the head of the confused smiley.

• Advertisement

Damn it, that was one of those stealthy question marks... :D

Advertisement