Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me an aerial

• 22-09-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Hi lads.I have a uniden BC 72 XLT with the standard rubber duck and am hoping to increase its receiving abilities, just for airband stuff mostly. Seeing as ill be in the car while doing this, I believe a roof mount aerial should do the trick. A quick search of ebay reveals the following:-

This and This

Which would you recommend?Not much of a price difference between the two, but noticed one is described as being a transceiver,so I wouldnt be using the TX aspect in any case.

Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If it says TX for a particular band, that means it does RX better too at that band.

So I'd go for the more expensive one. You can buy off his web site direct. I've not tried either of those aerials, but have bought other stuff from him.

http://www.rocketradio.co.uk/vehicle-32-c.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Thanks for the info Watty, have just made the purchase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Do let us know how well it works at same locations vs the rubber duck.

Advertisement