Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wales vs Ireland 6 Nations

Options
  • 22-09-2008 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Housemates and I are thinking of heading over to Cardiff for the final weekend in the 6 Nations. Probably a pipe dream but is there a chance we could get tickets without paying for them with our first born?

I'm a member of the Irish Supporters Club but not any local club if that makes a difference?

Thanks,
    Col
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

hope you get some luck with that colm. could i just add to your request by asking does anyone know the best way to get tickets for the Ireland Italy game in February? Can't imagine it being as difficult to get tickets in Rome somehow...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

bluefinger wrote: »
    hope you get some luck with that colm. could i just add to your request by asking does anyone know the best way to get tickets for the Ireland Italy game in February? Can't imagine it being as difficult to get tickets in Rome somehow...

You can get them directly from some online Italian ticket company, but I can't remember the link.

They were big money 2 years ago, but that's because it was supposed to be our Grand Slam game, and even when we lost to France, it was still potentially our Championship winning game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Hey there,

Im living Cardiff for the 12 months and plan to go to this game too, so ill try make some enquiries in the next few weeks.

One things for sure, if you are serious about staying over here, youd want to sort out accommodation well in advance. Think theres only round 9000 hotel rooms in cardiff, bu theres other options too (Bristol etc)

Anyway, if Wales have a poor season, coupled with the impending credit crunch, you might find some Welsh fans unwilling to travel, thus freeing some tickets at the last minute .Wishful thinking I guess, but its a possibility.

Anyway, hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

eoin_s wrote: »
    You can get them directly from some online Italian ticket company, but I can't remember the link.

They were big money 2 years ago, but that's because it was supposed to be our Grand Slam game, and even when we lost to France, it was still potentially our Championship winning game.

Thanks. Will google it so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Not sure but think it was www.ticketone.com.
    Thay are also sold through a ticketmaster type chain of walking shops in most italian towns but cant remember the name.

Also there is also usually a link on the italian rugby union website:
    www.federugby.it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sandwich wrote: »
    Not sure but think it was www.ticketone.com.

Yeah, that sounds familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I saw the thread title and thought somebody was getting excited about the 6N a bit early. I thought it was a match thread:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

il gatto wrote: »
    I saw the thread title and thought somebody was getting excited about the 6N a bit early. I thought it was a match thread:D

lol that'd be cool

"hey guys, I know the Autumn series hasn't happened, and neither have the preceeding 4 Ireland games of the 6N 2009, but feck it, let's give our predictions on the final game of the 6N. I just can't sit still thinking about it!"

But anyway, ticket ideas anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

We might be doing a charter flight for the Supporters Club. It would include same day flights out and return, transfers, match tickets and possibly a little bonus which is being worked on.
    Would only be open to Supporters Club members. We did Cardiff two seasons ago and Twickenham last year. Went very well indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

JWAD wrote: »
    We might be doing a charter flight for the Supporters Club. It would include same day flights out and return, transfers, match tickets and possibly a little bonus which is being worked on.
    Would only be open to Supporters Club members. We did Cardiff two seasons ago and Twickenham last year. Went very well indeed.

As a paid up member I´d appreciate if you could keep us in the loop. Sounds like a cool idea.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

connundrum wrote: »
    As a paid up member I´d appreciate if you could keep us in the loop. Sounds like a cool idea

If you're a paid up member you'll have access to the Supporters Club section of our website and will also be on the mailing list so keep an eye out there. I'm not here that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

You can get a one day return package excluding tickets from €250 form this website http://www.munstersportstravel.com/6nations.htm

They can sort out tickets if required at face value.

I had the same idea as you and will probably stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Hey
    I see six nations fever has already hit most people and I have a slight problem in so far as that I live in France and myself and a mate would really love to come over to see the Ireland France match except we havent a clue about how to buy tickets (bearing in mind we're both based in france) Does anyone know how two students could go about buying tickets without having to sell ourselves to fat chicks?
    Cheers in advance
    Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

I would imagine that you would have more luck trying to get them in France, through the FFR from the french allocation, than in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

One things for sure, if you are serious about staying over here, youd want to sort out accommodation well in advance. Think theres only round 9000 hotel rooms in cardiff, bu theres other options too (Bristol etc)

Recommend Swansea, if you are travelling by ferry to fishguard.
    Decent accommodation. 1 hour train-ride to cardiff day off the game and always a good night out in Swansea on match weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Trying to put together a touring party for Cardiff as well.

Flights: OK
    Accommodation: Hotels a problem, looking into an apartment, though still quite expensive, and the double beds will be a problem!
    Tickets: Not looking good!

If anyone has any ideas on a bed for the night in Cardiff - either self-catering or B&B, can you PM me, I would really like to get something sorted.

Tickets will be a problem: is there any chance these will be available online at any stage?

Thanks

Advertisement