Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Randy Orton

• 22-09-2008 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

While Randy Orton was in The UK last month, Power Slam conducted an interview with the former WWE Champion where he had some very interesting things to say about Triple H, among other topics. Below are some highlights:

PS: Have you been keeping track of WWE storyline developments during your absence?

Orton: "Oh, definitely, yeah. Not SmackDown as much. I've caught a few episodes. The whole Edge marriage thing... I don't know: I'm not into that. But I'll watch the matches whenever I get a chance. I'll watch some of the guys, like Umaga and Carlito, who are good friends of mine. Triple H not so much. But still, I like to watch what's going on. I'm interested to see (HHH's) match with The Great Khali at SummerSlam."

PS: Were you glad when Triple H was Drafted to SmackDown?

Orton: "I was at the Draft (on June 23) after I got hurt. I was in the locker room watching the backstage monitor. I was hoping to get traded (from Raw to SmackDown). Actually, it's funny because Umaga just got traded to SmackDown. He was like, "Man, you know what? At least I haven't got to be around Triple H no more." So (Umaga) goes to SmackDown and I'm like, "Yeah ... F--k you!" The last Draft pick's Triple H and I'm like (punches the air), "Yes! Oh, my God!" Yes, yes, yes!" I went right up to Umaga and I was, like, "You've got to deal with it now!" It was my favourite Draft pick, to be honest with you. And we got Rey Mysterio, we got Kane, Batista. I've got history with those guys."

Anyone know when Orton will back in ring action?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

JP Liz wrote: »
    Anyone know when Orton will back in ring action?

Probably Survivor Series, the main matches are booked for No Mercy while Cyber Sunday has its top matches kind of booked already with their No.1 Contenders stip and it is also a minor show. He is medically cleared to wrestle but with shoulder injures it is the rehab which is most important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Now .... forgive me for being simple .... but does Orton do his interviews in character.... or are his answers actually legitimate?

Cactus Col wrote: »
    Now .... forgive me for being simple .... but does Orton do his interviews in character.... or are his answers actually legitimate?

Id say 75% legitimate depending on the day and where the interview is printed (and yes I know it doesn’t matter in the internet age blah, blah.) But you got to remember he is a heel in storyline so his interviews have a harder edge. But he is actually a cocky, self absorbed person in real life, he has received counseling as punishment from WWE for his MASSIVE sense of entitlement. At one time (up to 2006) it was a serious, serious issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

rovert wrote: »
    Id say 75% legitimate depending on the day and where the interview is printed (and yes I know it doesn’t matter in the internet age blah, blah.) But you got to remember he is a heel in storyline so his interviews have a harder edge. But he is actually a cocky, self absorbed person in real life, he has received counseling as punishment from WWE for his MASSIVE sense of entitlement. At one time (up to 2006) it was a serious, serious issue.

Yeah, I was thinking he is supposed to be an asshole in real life ... but, then I was thinking even he wouldn't go talking about disliking the most powerful wrestler on the roster! But with his interviews they do seem to be half real, half kayfabe.

Whatever his faults though, he's good at what he does.

Yeah, I was thinking he is supposed to be an asshole in real life ... but, then I was thinking even he wouldn't go talking about disliking the most powerful wrestler on the roster! But with his interviews they do seem to be half real, half kayfabe.

They are his true feelings Id say multipied by whatever. The thing is he isnt an asshole per se just a spoiled brat, most interviews Ive read a lot of people who work with him like him. But like I said he did/does have entitlement problems which where all those incidents in the past with women came from. The "instant" fame fueled it too. Things would noramlly kick off when a woman turned down his advances when in his opinion they should be falling at his feet.
    Whatever his faults though, he's good at what he does.

He knows it and so does WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I like Orton, and that interview, even if it is in character, is something the WWE probably dont look lightly on letting talent say, if they kicked up such a supposed fuss about HHH looking weak in SVR 09 pics god only knows what they'd think of Orton ripping into the worlds most privileged son in law. If its legit then it takes some balls to say something like that, and I've read that hes gaining quite a following backstage for being someone who stands up to managment ona regular basis, I did think he was an ass for the spoilt brat thing and the bag pooping incident (if it really happened) but he is extremely effective in his role, himself and Edge are easily the 2 best heels in the company, hope the stable thing goes ahead it would only benefit everyone involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I think the interview is legit as in Orton giving his own answers

I always assumed Orton and Paul (HHH) were good friends

krudler wrote: »
    I like Orton, and that interview, even if it is in character, is something the WWE probably dont look lightly on letting talent say, if they kicked up such a supposed fuss about HHH looking weak in SVR 09 pics god only knows what they'd think of Orton ripping into the worlds most privileged son in law.

He called HH fat and HBK balding a year ago in an interview with The Sun and nothing happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

He called HH fat and HBK balding a year ago in an interview with The Sun and nothing happened.

Yeah but thats true on both counts:D well maybe not so much the HHH fat thing now but he was defintely chubbier this time last year

Randy Orton has been telling friends that WWE offered him a 10-year contract, reports ProWrestling.net. Although there is still no word on whether Orton will agree to the deal, it says a lot about their faith in the young superstar. WWE is also trying to sign Rey Mysterio to a five-year deal.

Hopefully Orton will work out better than Henry and Lesnar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Hopefully Orton will work out better than Henry and Lesnar

Henry hasn’t exactly had a Ric Flair like career but he's still there two years after his 10 yr deal expires so something's gone right

D-FENS wrote: »
    Henry hasn’t exactly had a Ric Flair like career but he's still there two years after his 10 yr deal expires so something's gone right

They didnt get much return on their investment did they though in those ten years? He was such a flop they tried for a long time to make him quit.

They didnt get much return on their investment did they though in those ten years? He was such a flop they tried for a long time to make him quit.

I agree, hence the Flair comment, but my point was the 10years was up two years ago and yet there he is still with WWE, all be it ECW.
    i actually felt sure he was a goner after WM22.

Something tells me Orton will work out a lot better though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

D-FENS wrote: »

He was kept on after 2006 because of the amount of injuries at the time, and WWE were out of monster heels.

Also the guy only worked out half that contract, he sat out the other half out through injury and having jack sh*t to do, and still got paid for it. I wouldn't say he did too bad out of it. :)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Also the guy only worked out half that contract, he sat out the other half out through injury and having jack sh*t to do, and still got paid for it. I wouldn't say he did too bad out of it. :)

Some earner alright.

He only seemed to bother his hole about 9 years in. :pac:

Without sounding to abrupt anyway back to Orton. I think if signs that deal WWE will never fail him for wellness ever again. ;)

I don't think he's managed to fail wellness in well over a year. I think they just send him out with an injury instead. I can just picture the meetings.

Vince: "Uhhh, Randy, i don't know how to break this to you, so out it comes, you've tested black again, you son of a bitch!"
    Orton: "Damn, i only took a couple of prescriptives Vince, i swear!"
    Vince: "Well we can't take you off the air, you're one of our few credible main eventers"
    Orton: "What can we do to save face?"
    HHH: "I have an idea guys, how about i take Orton, send him flying over the ropes 7 foot in the air without protection, he can serve his time out injured while he cleans up?!"
    Vince and Orton together: "We have a winner!"

What sort of contract is Cena on?
    Surely he'll get something like this if not already?

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I don't think he's managed to fail wellness in well over a year. I think they just send him out with an injury instead. I can just picture the meetings.

Vince: "Uhhh, Randy, i don't know how to break this to you, so out it comes, you've tested black again, you son of a bitch!"
    Orton: "Damn, i only took a couple of prescriptives Vince, i swear!"
    Vince: "Well we can't take you off the air, you're one of our few credible main eventers"
    Orton: "What can we do to save face?"
    HHH: "I have an idea guys, how about i take Orton, send him flying over the ropes 7 foot in the air without protection, he can serve his time out injured while he cleans up?!"
    Vince and Orton together: "We have a winner!"

Vince "Can you ride a motorbike?"
    Orton "No"
    Vince "Good"

Orton "No"
    Vince "Good"

I laughed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ten more years of orton?
    Wonder will he ever go face

• Advertisement

Ten more years of orton?
    Wonder will he ever go face

There was talk of him turning face after he got that pop for the finish of the Survivor Series. A lot of people are comparing him to Austin circa late 1996/early 1997. But I do think WWE isn’t as reactionary to crowd response as they were for better or worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

There was talk of him turning face after he got that pop for the finish of the Survivor Series. A lot of people are comparing him to Austin circa late 1996/early 1997. But I do think WWE isn’t as reactionary to crowd response as they were for better or worse.

What points does he resemble that era austin?

What points does he resemble that era austin?

:confused:

late 1996/early 1997 as I said. He is a Hyena to coin a phrase from Bert Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Orton "No"
    Vince "Good"
    lmfao

Advertisement