Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did you Come by YOUR team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I miss LT :( and beating the Raiders.

You don't really miss LT do you?. He was gone well before he left. And as for beating the Raiders, welcome to this week!.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Sammo13

AFC

EAST

Bills themont85
    Dolphins Icepickle, raddo,Miami 365, raddo, Benimar, Sammo 13
    Patriots tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar,, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23
    Jets SeekUp, LuckyLloyd, Zaph, Running Bing, Shoveller, candlegirl, Kimano-girl, freeoscar

NORTH

Browns bacon bites,Silver-Tiger
    Bengals deisedude, deisedude
    Steelers The Munky, The Sparrow, mdwexford, figs86, steelcityblues
    Ravens mikemac,Stab City, columok, Ravage 1616, feelingstressed

SOUTH

Colts Chanandler Bong, Dr. Slurm, davyjose, brennaldo, Jopari87, MickShamrock
    Titans Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg
    Texans
    Jaguars Kev_s88, GBX, Liam O, Mickeyt086, metaoblivia, menu14

WEST

Chargers Leslie 91, donmeister, RuggieBear, Clawfield, Pauleta, BrenoBolt91, landsleaving, Firehen
    Broncos UhOh, yerayeah, poldebruin, Tribesmen7, spiralism,
    Raiders Max Power1, heyjude, Prefabsprouter, Titan#1, Frisbee, Chucky the Tree, TheHeadhunter, randomchild, rhonin
    Chiefs Xavi6

NFC

EAST

Giants Hynzie, boccy23, KrustyUCC, JJ, Third Echelon, golfnuts, Keno 92, ari gold24
    Cowboys Het-Field, Lirange, The Cool One , Neilster
    Eagles yupyup7up,titan18,Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar
    Redskins Cruiserweight, UALacrosse, djimi

NORTH

Packers skeleton_boy, Pherekydes, Conor74, spank inferno, cooker3, me-skywalker, christopher, Eternal Wonder, cheesehead, WakeyTyke, COSATRON
    Lions faulk28, MC_G, Raoul, DDC1990
    Vikings Vikings, Hulk Hands
    Bears Bobby Wade, Oatesy23, Spongey 1975, Jimdagym, dl, purcela, davetherave

SOUTH

Falcons
    Buccaneers johnnycnandy , Naos, DDC1990, Wompa1, jester1980
    Saints Dodge, kevin11, jamsieboy86, Nemanja91
    Panthers

WEST

Seahawks Royal Seahawk,Neil 3030, cambridge7, giddyup, NTMK
    49ers Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice,Codofwar, VinylJunkie, 49ers fan, BastardPrince
    Cardinals dougal, ondarack, frankmagnet, thebiggestjim
    Rams Karluss

First game I watched was the 49ers/Dolphins Superbowl in Jan 1985 (XVIII), I sided for Marino and Miami. 25 years later - no Superbowl, but I turned into a huge Dolphins fan and a Marino Fan.

I started recording every season from 1988 (each week summary highlights were taped - week after week). Stopped doing it in 2002 or so.

Great memories - Mick Luckhurst presenting C4 and RTE doing an hour highlight package on a Monday.. Really miss the C4 highlight package (badly needed now)..

Enjoy the rest of the season - wide open year..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Only really got into AF last year, always had an outside interest but last year, thanks to a good friend, I really got into it. I didn't really have a team but was caught between Titans, Bengals and The Jets for some reason. I remember one day i was in college watching a stream of Titans Jets and Mark Sanchez won me over with the first play id seen when i turned the stream on. It was The Sanchize for me from then on in! It was a risky move and is probably what makes him as bad as he is good at times, but i loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

^ All of the above is lies.

You only like the Jets to piss me off, and well you know it :mad:

Pittsburgh Steelers.

When the Steelers came over here to play the bears in 97 my dad was a courier at the time. They were over here for a week and every day after training my dad had to bring the steelers training gear and stuff to the dry cleaners. One of the days I went with him and got to meet some of the players and Bill Cowher. The kit man (Roger was his name) gave us loads of free stuff like jerseys, t shirts, jackets and hats.

Been a fan ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Pittsburgh Steelers.

My great aunt emigrated to Pittsburgh and married a Pittsburgh man, my grandmother has a photo of my Dad and my three uncles wearing "Mean" Joe Greene, Ernie Holmes, L.C Greenwood and Dwight White's jerseys sent home by my great aunt. Been a Steel Curtain fan ever since, 6 Sticky Lombardis so far and dont count us out this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

AFC

EAST

Bills themont85
    Dolphins Icepickle, raddo,Miami 365, raddo, Benimar, sammo13
    Patriots tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar,, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm
    Jets SeekUp, LuckyLloyd, Zaph, Running Bing, Shoveller, candlegirl, Kimano-girl, freeoscar, JohnnyRyan99

NORTH

Steelers The Munky, The Sparrow, mdwexford, figs86, steelcityblues, cactus mac88, tang1

SOUTH

Texans

WEST

Chargers Leslie 91, donmeister, RuggieBear, Clawfield, Pauleta, BrenoBolt91, landsleaving, Firehen
    Raiders Max Power1, heyjude, Prefabsprouter, Titan#1, Frisbee, Chucky the Tree, TheHeadhunter, randomchild, rhonin
    Chiefs Xavi6

NFC

EAST

Giants Hynzie, boccy23, KrustyUCC, JJ, Third Echelon, golfnuts, Keno 92, ari gold24
    Cowboys Het-Field, Lirange, The Cool One , Neilster, smck99
    Eagles yupyup7up,titan18,Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine

NORTH

Packers skeleton_boy, Pherekydes, Conor74, spank inferno, cooker3, me-skywalker, christopher, Eternal Wonder, cheesehead, WakeyTyke,COSATRON
    [/B]Lions faulk28, MC_G, Raoul, DDC1990

SOUTH

Falcons
    Panthers

WEST

49ers Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice,Codofwar, VinylJunkie, 49ers fan, BastardPrince
    Rams Karluss

Time for me to tidy up the thread :D
    Folks, you know what to do; you quote above and add your team and a few lines on why that's your team if necessary

And still......the Falcons and Texans need some love on boards.ie. I'm hoping a newbie reads the thread and adopts a new team. They are not bad teams by any teams, though the Texans have a shameful pass defense
    Edit, the Panthers need some love too, Clausen is a bust and a punk imo but if you like the Panthers declare it here
    Enough from me, quote the last part and quote and add your contribution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

There are more Jags fans on boards than there are in Jacksonville!!! ;)

(this is in no way a slag aimed directly at Kev!!!)

I know Frosty is an eagles fan, get on here buddy and declare the love!!!

Ah Frosty, sitting on the fence is not tolerated here, :p

Quote the list and add yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Just noticed i'm on the list twice for the Bengals, you guys calling me fat or something?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

I was given a hand me down Troy Brown jersey from one of my aunts, hence my love for the patriots that began in the spring of 98. Great memories being a pats fan, but sad ones too but I'll always love them no matter what..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

AFC

EAST

Bills themont85
    Patriots tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar,, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm
    Jets SeekUp, LuckyLloyd, Zaph, Running Bing, Shoveller, candlegirl, Kimano-girl, freeoscar, JohnnyRyan99

NORTH

Steelers The Munky, The Sparrow, mdwexford, figs86, steelcityblues, cactus mac88, tang1

SOUTH

Texans

WEST

Chiefs Xavi6

NFC

EAST

Eagles yupyup7up,titan18,Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling

NORTH

Packers skeleton_boy, Pherekydes, Conor74, spank inferno, cooker3, me-skywalker, christopher, Eternal Wonder, cheesehead, WakeyTyke,COSATRON

SOUTH

Falcons
    Panthers

WEST

Rams Karluss

Time for me to tidy up the thread :D
    Folks, you know what to do; you quote above and add your team and a few lines on why that's your team if necessary

And still......the Falcons and Texans need some love on boards.ie. I'm hoping a newbie reads the thread and adopts a new team. They are not bad teams by any teams, though the Texans have a shameful pass defense
    Edit, the Panthers need some love too, Clausen is a bust and a punk imo but if you like the Panthers declare it here
    Enough from me, quote the last part and quote and add your contribution

I've watched the last 3 Super Bowls but never followed a team. First match I ever watched that wasn't the Super Bowl was Eagles vs Redskins this year, the Michael Vick show, on channel 4. I love the way he plays since then I've started following the Eagles. I also have a soft spot for the Lions, I have a cousin living over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Around Christmas 1989 my uncle brought me home a Giants duffel jacket from America just like the coaches used to wear. It had Giants in big red writing on the back & a zip that ran down the center of the hood so it could be flat on my back when not in use. I used to wear it everywhere until I grew out of it. My uncle lived in New York at the time but had no interest in American Football & only got me the jacket because he knew I liked watching it (I think there was a lot of it on rte & channel 4 at the time). I presumed he was a Giants fan & out of some strange loyalty to him for getting me the jacket I started supporting the Giants. They get to the Super Bowl the following year & my parents left me stay up and watch it, they won. I've supported them ever since, even though they have only won one Super Bowl since then. Hopefully next season will be their year again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rah

steelers

classy owners
    Jerome bettis
    the whole steeler football style tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

AFC

EAST

Bills themont85

NORTH

SOUTH

Colts Chanandler Bong, Dr. Slurm, davyjose, brennaldo, Jopari87, MickShamrock, McG
    Texans

WEST

Chiefs Xavi6

NFC

EAST

Eagles yupyup7up,titan18,Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling

NORTH

SOUTH

Falcons
    Panthers

WEST

Rams Karluss

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

The bookies have it as a 6/1 shot that we have a superbowl winner with no fans from here:eek:

No love for the Falcons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Went on my first surf trip this year with college, and there was a really sound American guy staying in the same house as me studying here for the semester from UC Berkeley in California. Think he had family from Cleveland as he was a browns fan.
    He brought his laptop with him on the weekend, and mentioned he was going to the pub where they had free WiFi to watch the matches the next day. I'd been just getting into american football and was looking for a team to support, so I went to watch the match with him (was this season, Browns @ Saints where they won 30-17 and had the awesome fake punt :))
    I drunkenly made a deal with him that night that I'd be a lifelong Browns fan as long as he was an Arsenal fan!
    Have to say I enjoy watching the Eagles/Vick so I'll be up for them in the playoffs; but I'm a Browns fan through and through! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

AFC

EAST

Bills themont85

NORTH

SOUTH

Colts Chanandler Bong, Dr. Slurm, davyjose, brennaldo, Jopari87, MickShamrock, McG
    Texans

WEST

Chiefs Xavi6

NFC

EAST

Eagles yupyup7up,titan18,Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling, johnmcdnl

NORTH

]Lions faulk28, MC_G, Raoul, DDC1990

SOUTH

Falcons
    Panthers

WEST

Rams Karluss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

bloops
    johnmcdnl wrote: »
    AFC

EAST

Bills themont85

NORTH

Browns bacon bites,Silver-Tiger, revz

SOUTH

Texans

WEST

Chiefs Xavi6

NFC

EAST

Eagles yupyup7up,titan18,Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling, johnmcdnl

NORTH

SOUTH

Falcons
    Panthers

WEST

Rams Karluss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

AFC

EAST

Bills themont85

NORTH

Browns bacon bites,Silver-Tiger, revz

SOUTH

Texans

WEST

Chiefs Xavi6

NFC

EAST

NORTH

SOUTH

Falcons
    Panthers

WEST

Cardinals dougal, ondarack, frankmagnet, thebiggestjim, Adam
    Rams Karluss

Just took a notion one day after watching some football based movie, (i always enjoyed them!) went and read wikipedia and stuff about all the rules, and once i understood it i figured i must download a game and have a watch. got SB 43, cardinals and steelers. i just started watching and found myself rooting for the cards, loved fitzgeralds attitude and the general play style, and despite the loss i decided to follow them to keep me interested in the following season!

come back warner :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

dont exactly know how i decided on the panthers , they reached the superbowl the year i started following the nfl to be honest i guess ! Bring on the draft ! I think i`m the first Panthers fan ?

I think i`m the first Panthers fan ?

Hurray, yes you are our first Panthers fan! :D
    Been waiting for one for a long time

Now we just need some love for the Texans and Falcons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Caught the very start on Channel 4. Raiders had won the previous year but hadn't seen it. Loved their uniform and the fact they played in the Colosseum at the same time as the Olympics were on there. So stuck with them. Subsequently found out:
    They generally stank as a team
    They used to mostly play a dull running game with passing seen only as a luxury, hence a lot of boring games
    Their support seemed to be primarily gangland
    Their owner is certifiable and seems to be on a mission to destroy his own team half the time.
    You can't even follow the games as they are on too late.
    So in general the Raiders suck. They even gave up the Colosseum and went back to Oakland.
    But, loyalty is loyalty. So I'm still stuck with them.

The bookies have it as a 6/1 shot that we have a superbowl winner with no fans from here:eek:

No love for the Falcons?

There's definitely one Falcons here, although he doesn't post much. Ryaner is his name, he posted last week, not sure which thread it was though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

ankles wrote: »
    Caught the very start on Channel 4. Raiders had won the previous year but hadn't seen it. Loved their uniform and the fact they played in the Colosseum at the same time as the Olympics were on there. So stuck with them. Subsequently found out:
    They generally stank as a team
    They used to mostly play a dull running game with passing seen only as a luxury, hence a lot of boring games
    Their support seemed to be primarily gangland
    Their owner is certifiable and seems to be on a mission to destroy his own team half the time.
    You can't even follow the games as they are on too late.
    So in general the Raiders suck. They even gave up the Colosseum and went back to Oakland.
    But, loyalty is loyalty. So I'm still stuck with them.

Im in the same boat as you regarding the NBA and NHL . I support Phoenix in the NBA and they nearly always have the last game on a days schedule so . Same with Calgary in Nhl , teams on west coast = hard to catch live :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Rick_

AFC

EAST

Bills - themont85
    Dolphins - Icepickle, raddo,Miami 365, raddo, Benimar, sammo13
    Patriots - tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar,, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm

NORTH

Browns - bacon bites,Silver-Tiger, revz
    Bengals - deisedude, deisedude
    Steelers - The Munky, The Sparrow, mdwexford, figs86, steelcityblues, cactus mac88, tang1
    Ravens - mikemac, Stab City, columok, Ravage 1616, feelingstressed

SOUTH

Colts - Chanandler Bong, Dr. Slurm, davyjose, brennaldo, Jopari87, MickShamrock, McG
    Titans - Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg
    Texans -
    Jaguars - Kev_s88, GBX, Liam O, Mickeyt086, metaoblivia, menu14

WEST

Chargers - Leslie 91, donmeister, RuggieBear, Clawfield, Pauleta, BrenoBolt91, landsleaving, Firehen
    Broncos - UhOh, yerayeah, poldebruin, Tribesmen7, spiralism,
    Raiders - Max Power1, heyjude, Prefabsprouter, Titan#1, Frisbee, Chucky the Tree, TheHeadhunter, randomchild, rhonin, ankles
    Chiefs - Xavi6

NFC

EAST

Giants - Hynzie, boccy23, KrustyUCC, JJ, Third Echelon, golfnuts, Keno 92, ari gold24
    Cowboys - Het-Field, Lirange, The Cool One , Neilster, smck99
    Eagles - yupyup7up,titan18,Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling, johnmcdnl
    Redskins - Cruiserweight, UALacrosse, djimi

NORTH

Packers - Paddy C, skeleton_boy, Pherekydes, Conor74, spank inferno, cooker3, me-skywalker, christopher, cheesehead, WakeyTyke, COSATRON
    Lions - faulk28, MC_G, Raoul, DDC1990
    Vikings - Vikings, Hulk Hands
    Bears - Bobby Wade, Oatesy23, Spongey 1975, Jimdagym, dl, purcela, davetherave

SOUTH

Falcons - Ryaner
    Buccaneers - johnnycnandy , Naos, DDC1990, Wompa1, jester1980
    Saints - Dodge, kevin11, jamsieboy86, Nemanja91
    Panthers - malachyscott

WEST

Seahawks - Royal Seahawk, Neil 3030, cambridge7, giddyup, NTMK
    49ers - Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice, Codofwar, VinylJunkie, 49ers fan, BastardPrince
    Cardinals - dougal, ondarack, frankmagnet, thebiggestjim, Adam
    Rams - Karluss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Paddy C wrote: »
    AFC

EAST

Bills - themont85
    Dolphins - Icepickle, raddo,Miami 365, raddo, Benimar, sammo13
    Patriots - tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar,, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm

NORTH

Browns - bacon bites,Silver-Tiger, revz
    Bengals - deisedude, deisedude
    Steelers - The Munky, The Sparrow, mdwexford, figs86, steelcityblues, cactus mac88, tang1
    Ravens - mikemac, Stab City, columok, Ravage 1616, feelingstressed

SOUTH

Colts - Chanandler Bong, Dr. Slurm, davyjose, brennaldo, Jopari87, MickShamrock, McG
    Titans - Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg
    Texans -
    Jaguars - Kev_s88, GBX, Liam O, Mickeyt086, metaoblivia, menu14

WEST

Chargers - Leslie 91, donmeister, RuggieBear, Clawfield, Pauleta, BrenoBolt91, landsleaving, Firehen
    Broncos - UhOh, yerayeah, poldebruin, Tribesmen7, spiralism,
    Raiders - Max Power1, heyjude, Prefabsprouter, Titan#1, Frisbee, Chucky the Tree, TheHeadhunter, randomchild, rhonin, ankles
    Chiefs - Xavi6

NFC

EAST

Giants - Hynzie, boccy23, KrustyUCC, JJ, Third Echelon, golfnuts, Keno 92, ari gold24
    Cowboys - Het-Field, Lirange, The Cool One , Neilster, smck99
    Eagles - yupyup7up,titan18,Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling, johnmcdnl
    Redskins - Cruiserweight, UALacrosse, djimi

NORTH

Packers - Paddy C, skeleton_boy, Pherekydes, Conor74, spank inferno, cooker3, me-skywalker, christopher, cheesehead, WakeyTyke, COSATRON
    Lions - faulk28, MC_G, Raoul, DDC1990???
    Vikings - Vikings, Hulk Hands
    Bears - Bobby Wade, Oatesy23, Spongey 1975, Jimdagym, dl, purcela, davetherave

SOUTH

Falcons - Ryaner
    Buccaneers - johnnycnandy , Naos, DDC1990, Wompa1, jester1980
    Saints - Dodge, kevin11, jamsieboy86, Nemanja91
    Panthers - malachyscott

WEST

Seahawks - Royal Seahawk, Neil 3030, cambridge7, giddyup, NTMK
    49ers - Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice, Codofwar, VinylJunkie, 49ers fan, BastardPrince
    Cardinals - dougal, ondarack, frankmagnet, thebiggestjim, Adam
    Rams - Karluss

Ha dunno why but im suddenly a Lions fan and a Bucs fan. Pretty sure I said Im Bucs through and through, but have a slight affection for the Lions (which is definitly gone now, since they f-ed up our playoff chance :( )

DDC1990= Bucs, Bucs Bucs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PatrickL

Another Patriots fan here, I'm afraid. I got into the sport when my dad bought me an American Football game a few years ago. I messed around with a few teams and found I liked the Patriots best. I was also once a big NBA fan, and picked the Patriots as they were the nearest team to my favorites, the Celtics. Once I started watching the games when they were on, there was no looking back :D

As Pats seem to outnumber all others, even franchises that have had more success and better attendance figures down through the decades, can I ask the obvious question that fans of all other franchises keeps thinking...

When did most Pats fans become Pats fans?

• Advertisement

We just need some love for the Texans now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Pats fan here aswell.

It was the 01-02 season I think. Playoffs versus oakland. Cant remember the details exactly but was procrastinating from school and had been watching nfl quite regularly. But didnt have a team and pretended to all my friends that I knew the rules.

Then this game pats vs oakland was on in a blizzard. I remember thinking to myself that this was insane and I had to go there, not knowing where there was.

Pats got lucky and won it in OT i think.

The following week with a new passion for the sport, I managed to get out of studying though I was meant to be studying for my JC mocks. Pats versus steelers and bledsoe back. pats won and went on to win the super bowl.

I have a soft spot for the rams and the raiders aswell, probably stems from their unluckiness in that same season.

It was the oakland game though and the infamous tuck rule though that made me fall in love with the game and the pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

plonk wrote: »
    Pats fan here aswell.

It was the 01-02 season I think. Playoffs versus oakland. Cant remember the details exactly but was procrastinating from school and had been watching nfl quite regularly. But didnt have a team and pretended to all my friends that I knew the rules.

Then this game pats vs oakland was on in a blizzard. I remember thinking to myself that this was insane and I had to go there, not knowing where there was.

Pats got lucky and won it in OT i think.

The following week with a new passion for the sport, I managed to get out of studying though I was meant to be studying for my JC mocks. Pats versus steelers and bledsoe back. pats won and went on to win the super bowl.

I have a soft spot for the rams and the raiders aswell, probably stems from their unluckiness in that same season.

It was the oakland game though and the infamous tuck rule though that made me fall in love with the game and the pats.

Just what the board needs, another Pats fan!!!! ;):P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Rick_

Updated list, with a little make-over! ;)

I was going to do the team names in their respective colours but I thought that was a bit much!

AFC - EAST

Buffalo Bills
    themont85

Miami Dolphins
    Icepickle, Miami 365, raddo, Benimar, sammo13

New England Patriots
    tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm, PatrickL, plonk

New York Jets
    SeekUp, LuckyLloyd, Zaph, Running Bing, Shoveller, candlegirl, Kimano-girl, freeoscar, JohnnyRyan99

AFC - NORTH

Cleveland Browns
    bacon bites, Silver-Tiger, revz

Cincinnatti Bengals
    deisedude

Pittsburgh Steelers
    The Munky, The Sparrow, mdwexford, figs86, steelcityblues, cactus mac88, tang1

Baltimore Ravens
    mikemac, Stab City, columok, Ravage 1616, feelingstressed

AFC - SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts
    Chanandler Bong, Dr. Slurm, davyjose, brennaldo, Jopari87, MickShamrock, McG

Tennessee Titans
    Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars
    Kev_s88, GBX, Liam O, Mickeyt086, metaoblivia, menu14

AFC - WEST

San Diego Chargers
    Leslie 91, donmeister, RuggieBear, Clawfield, Pauleta, BrenoBolt91, landsleaving, Firehen

Denver Broncos
    UhOh, yerayeah, poldebruin, Tribesmen7, spiralism,

Oakland Raiders
    Max Power1, heyjude, Prefabsprouter, Titan#1, Frisbee, Chucky the Tree, TheHeadhunter, randomchild, rhonin, ankles

Kansas City Chiefs
    Xavi6

NFC - EAST

New York Giants
    Hynzie, boccy23, KrustyUCC, JJ, Third Echelon, golfnuts, Keno 92, ari gold24

Dallas Cowboys
    Het-Field, Lirange, The Cool One, Neilster, smck99

Philadelphia Eagles
    yupyup7up, titan18, Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling, johnmcdnl

Washington Redskins
    Cruiserweight, UALacrosse, djimi

NFC - NORTH

Green Bay Packers
    Paddy C, skeleton_boy, Pherekydes, Conor74, spank inferno, cooker3, me-skywalker, christopher, cheesehead, WakeyTyke, COSATRON

Detroit Lions
    faulk28, MC_G, Raoul

Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings, Hulk Hands

Chicago Bears
    Bobby Wade, Oatesy23, Spongey 1975, Jimdagym, dl, purcela, davetherave

NFC - SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons
    Ryaner

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    johnnycnandy , Naos, DDC1990, Wompa1, jester1980

New Orleans Saints
    Dodge, kevin11, jamsieboy86, Nemanja91

Carolina Panthers
    malachyscott

NFC - WEST

Seattle Seahawks
    Royal Seahawk, Neil 3030, cambridge7, giddyup, NTMK

San Francisco 49ers
    Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice, Codofwar, VinylJunkie, 49ers fan, BastardPrince

Arizona Cardinals
    dougal, ondarack, frankmagnet, thebiggestjim, Adam

St. Louis Rams
    Karluss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Ha, another pats fan here, it was 01/02 when I first got in to NFL hadn't a favourite team then, but when I played Madden at a friends house, Pats were the default team against the team he always picked so thats where I started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Broadway Joe's hairstyle did it for me :pac:

• Advertisement

I was going to do the team names in their respective colours but I thought that was a bit much!

AFC - EAST

Buffalo Bills
    themont85

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots
    tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm, PatrickL, plonk

New York Jets
    SeekUp, LuckyLloyd, Zaph, Running Bing, Shoveller, candlegirl, Kimano-girl, freeoscar, JohnnyRyan99,Mr. Presentable

AFC - NORTH

Cleveland Browns

Cincinnatti Bengals
    deisedude

Pittsburgh Steelers

Baltimore Ravens

AFC - SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans
    Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC - WEST

San Diego Chargers
    Leslie 91, donmeister, RuggieBear, Clawfield, Pauleta, BrenoBolt91, landsleaving, Firehen

Denver Broncos

Oakland Raiders
    Max Power1, heyjude, Prefabsprouter, Titan#1, Frisbee, Chucky the Tree, TheHeadhunter, randomchild, rhonin, ankles

Kansas City Chiefs
    Xavi6

NFC - EAST

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles
    yupyup7up, titan18, Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling, johnmcdnl

Washington Redskins

NFC - NORTH

Green Bay Packers
    Paddy C, skeleton_boy, Pherekydes, Conor74, spank inferno, cooker3, me-skywalker, christopher, cheesehead, WakeyTyke, COSATRON

Detroit Lions
    faulk28, MC_G, Raoul

Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings, Hulk Hands

Chicago Bears

NFC - SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons
    Ryaner

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers
    malachyscott

NFC - WEST

Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers
    Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice, Codofwar, VinylJunkie, 49ers fan, BastardPrince

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams
    Karluss

NYJ for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Still no Texans fans? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

AFC - EAST

Buffalo Bills
    themont85

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets
    SeekUp, LuckyLloyd, Zaph, Running Bing, Shoveller, candlegirl, Kimano-girl, freeoscar, JohnnyRyan99

AFC - NORTH

Cleveland Browns

Cincinnatti Bengals
    deisedude

Pittsburgh Steelers

Baltimore Ravens

AFC - SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans
    Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC - WEST

San Diego Chargers

Denver Broncos

Oakland Raiders

Kansas City Chiefs
    Xavi6

NFC - EAST

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

NFC - NORTH

Green Bay Packers

Detroit Lions
    faulk28, MC_G, Raoul

Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings, Hulk Hands

Chicago Bears

NFC - SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons
    Ryaner

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers
    malachyscott

NFC - WEST

Seattle Seahawks
    Royal Seahawk, Neil 3030, cambridge7, giddyup, NTMK, Blue_Lagoon

San Francisco 49ers

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams
    Karluss

When Pete Carroll went to the Seahawks, I went with him, being a USC Trojan student. It's someplace a year ago or so on this thread (Nice Blue subheadings :cool:).

Some interesting stuff there.

I knew the Pats bandwagon was big, but didn't think it would be this big! Could be a lot of fans floating around (and empty seats at home games) if they go through a lean decade.

Some traditionally big franchises underrepresented there. Thought the Steelers would have the largest support, and the Cowboys would be close behind.

Some very poor results for franchises that reached a few Superbowls in the 80s and 90s, with lots of success like the Redskins, or mixed results like the Broncos or Bills.

Raiders have a lot of support. I wonder if the whole LA Raiders thing helped. Gotta admit that even as a Packers fans I have a grudging regard for the Raiders myself and did sport a black and silver schoolbag back in the day.

Thought the Dolphins would have more too. Though I was brought up in the Marino era, when they had all the colour, and that man throwing the ball everywhere, and Don Johnson on the tv series about the city.

Surprised that more Jets than Giants fans too.

Some interesting stuff there.

I knew the Pats bandwagon was big, but didn't think it would be this big! Could be a lot of fans floating around (and empty seats at home games) if they go through a lean decade.

Yeah, I wonder how many are also Man U/Real Madrid fans also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Of the people I know 2 are cowboys fans, 1 is Jets and 1 is dolphins

But of the 3 games in wembley I was at, there were quite a lot of Patriots fans alright, no matter who were playing

updated list:

AFC - EAST

Buffalo Bills
    themont85

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots
    tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm, PatrickL, plonk, brav

New York Jets
    SeekUp, LuckyLloyd, Zaph, Running Bing, Shoveller, candlegirl, Kimano-girl, freeoscar, JohnnyRyan99,Mr. Presentable

AFC - NORTH

Cleveland Browns

Cincinnatti Bengals
    deisedude

Pittsburgh Steelers

Baltimore Ravens

AFC - SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans
    Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC - WEST

San Diego Chargers

Denver Broncos

Oakland Raiders

Kansas City Chiefs
    Xavi6

NFC - EAST

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

NFC - NORTH

Green Bay Packers

Detroit Lions
    faulk28, MC_G, Raoul

Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings, Hulk Hands

Chicago Bears

NFC - SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons
    Ryaner

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers
    malachyscott

NFC - WEST

Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams
    Karluss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Giants fan here. Born and raised in New York City...

Didn't know there was an NFL forum here :o

Le King wrote: »
    Giants fan here. Born and raised in New York City...

Didn't know there was an NFL forum here :o

It's more of a Patriots forum really. We just entertain a small bit of general football talk every now and then when we're feeling generous.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    It's more of a Patriots forum really. We just entertain a small bit of general football talk every now and then when we're feeling generous.

Why is there so many Pats fans here?

Eagles and Cowboys fans have more than the Giants here too :mad:

Hate the Eagles and Cowboys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Same reason there's more United fans in the soccer forum ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

I stuck a tenner on the cowboys at even money aganist somebody a few years ago. (maybe the saints hopefully somebody can tell me) It was Romo's breakout season and I did it on the advice of the RP. Back in the day a tenner was a 10pt bet for me as I was only a youngfella. I'd only been watching the game properly for a few months but always had a passing interest. Anyway to cut an even longer story short, Martin Gramatica kicked a last gap field goal to take the points and thus I became a Cowboy. I always love that little man for kicking those 3 points. I also became fascinated with Romo during this season. He was the most exciting QB i'd ever seen live. You need to get that man OUT of the pocket more Jason. Anyway now I think it's the best sport on the planet.

EDIT. I remember it was the Giants now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Eagles and Cowboys fans have more than the Giants here too :mad:

Hate the Eagles and Cowboys.

It's okay man, us Giants fans like to hunt in smaller packs :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Also is acceptable to have a second favourite team? I follow the Eagles but I've seen two games of the Detroit Lions so they're my second team. I'm a complete and utter no0b it has to be stated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Baltimore Ravens fan here. I don't honestly remember why I took them up, they were in the 1st game I remember seeing on the TV anyway, no idea who they were playing, and I just fell in love with them. I think it was just before I had decided I wanted to try out for DCU American Football team and I remember thinking I need a team if someone asks me. Then I went up and a lot of them said they are Pats fans so I just said Pats to fit in.

Then I went home and thought about it and watched a Pats match and hating them, so I went back to Ravens and love them :D checked up the history and all that and read up on their players at the time. I just warmed to them really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

i have always followed the 49ers because they use to be always on the highlights show that was on rte2 back in the 80's(8-9pm monday nights after corrie) but this year i'm really rooting for seattle because so many purists are p*ssed in america that they made the play-offs. for those that dont know they had a losing season 7-9.

• Advertisement
Advertisement