Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 and travelling abroad

• 22-09-2008 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

I'm trying to make calls home and all that but it won't let me make those calls. Even 1749 etc doesn't work...is there something I should be doing?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

What country are you roaming in?
    Have you tried changing networks?
    What error message or tone are you getting?
    Are you putting +353 in front of the number (and dropping the 0) you are trying to dial at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I had some problems roaming in the UK last week - calls to my home number were being refused, or misdirected to other O2 mobiles/random landlines.

Was very weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Trying to call from Germany. The tone I get is just that beeping tone as in you've entered a wrong number or something. I tried changing networks but that doesn't work - ends up saying 'Sim card rejected'! I'm putting +353 in, yes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Hmm, I note to that here in Spain NO SMS are coming through at all (and I am expecting quite a few).

Since the major outage of a few weeks ago I have not been able to phone 1909 at all.....most of the time I get tritones, if I am lucky I get someone else's voice mailbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Actually it says active call barrings or something similar...

• Advertisement
Advertisement