Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies surf weekend

Options
  • 22-09-2008 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi All

I did the ladies surf weekend in Tramore weekend just gone - it was part of the oceanics saurf and sea festival...I had to post because it was just brillant.

We paid €100.00 I arrived on Saturday morning and was greetd with coffee cereal bars and smoothies we had a safety briefing and tips instruction and then we hit the water for about 2.5 hours, we then came in and got a roll and diet coke etc..

Then we had 1.5 hrs of Pilates and 1.0 hr of Indian head massage which was amazing - I'd love to do that again soon.
    Then we went back up to the surf school and there was a fabulous smell of BBQ and as much beer as we liked.

Everyone was so thrilled with the friendly atmosphere and the great craic the whole team at the surf school were just so laid back it was brill. we all thought while drinking the beers and having our burgers what a great day this is and then the surf team brought out a massive bag of goodie prizes, roxy t-shirst watches sunnies, bags etc it turned out everyone got something and they even gave away a surf baord it was mad.

Then we all meet up at 9 o clock in the vic pub in tramore and a private champagne cocktail was organised for everyone it was brill - all pretty merry!
    Sunday was more surf and more surf and more surf.. and a expression session.
    The surf and sea fesival was on as well so there was lots of other things to look at and joinh in with but mainly we all just surfed.

Was anyone else on here on the weekend?

I'm going to do it next year again sorry the post is a bit long but im just on qute a high after the weekend - Im a beginner and I cant wait to go surfing again now! :D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭amber1

Hi,
    Glad to hear you had a fantastic time!! I only found out about it today and I live in Waterford! Just started surfing myself, had a wetsuit a while but only body boarding at the mo until I can afford a surfboard. I'm keen to go a lot more often but can't find any female mates who are up for it....
    Are you local?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭depaor

Hi Amber,
    yip im local. had a great time shame you didnt find out about it till too late - think it will be on again next year and in the mean time some of the local women n the weekend we thinking of meeting up on saturday mornings that there is surf and just heading out and have the craic...
    Board wise there are always ads for second hand boards up around oceanics surf school in Tramore and in the Surf Centre and on supervalu notice board in tramore have a little looksie..
    I really think its great that more and more girls are getting into surfing in Tramore... :D

depaor wrote: »
    Hi Amber,
    yip im local. had a great time shame you didnt find out about it till too late - think it will be on again next year and in the mean time some of the local women n the weekend we thinking of meeting up on saturday mornings that there is surf and just heading out and have the craic...
    Board wise there are always ads for second hand boards up around oceanics surf school in Tramore and in the Surf Centre and on supervalu notice board in tramore have a little looksie..
    I really think its great that more and more girls are getting into surfing in Tramore... :D
    I work in Debenhams so Saturday is often out for me...I was looking on ebay earlier and found cheap new boards in the Uk so I might get one there...postage is only €12.....Let us know when you are out on the beach and I'll call down and say hello....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 costanova

Hej, I missed the festival because I went to Dublin due to the lack of swell.But it seems like I missed some waves...

Amber, what kind of board you are looking for? I am thinking of selling one and buy a new wetsuit instead. Tramore is already really cold...

costanova wrote: »
    Hej, I missed the festival because I went to Dublin due to the lack of swell.But it seems like I missed some waves...

Amber, what kind of board you are looking for? I am thinking of selling one and buy a new wetsuit instead. Tramore is already really cold...
    Looking for a 7'9 as I kinda need a fairly long board to learn on! Going to pick up a board to borrow for a few months at the weekend as I now have roofbars!!! Courtesy of Montblanc.....was going to get them in Ireland but they were 200 euro...managed to get the same bars in UK for 115euro...Rip off Ireland at it's best!!!
    Hoping to sign up for some lessons in Tramore in the next few weeks unless you wanna babysit me!!!LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 costanova

Hi,

7'9'' sounds great for the beginning, I don't have one of those. Yeah, roof racks are really expensive, I use empty water bottles instead..

At the weekend there will hopefully some (stormy) swell. Just drop a line if you come to Tramore and need some babysitting ;)

costanova wrote: »
    Hi,

7'9'' sounds great for the beginning, I don't have one of those. Yeah, roof racks are really expensive, I use empty water bottles instead..

At the weekend there will hopefully some (stormy) swell. Just drop a line if you come to Tramore and need some babysitting ;)
    I was in Cork at the weekend and the swell was just too big for me so I went off taking photographs!!! Will defo be in contact as I need practice like you wouldn't believe!!

Advertisement