Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carling Cup games

Options
  • 22-09-2008 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

Few matches of interest tomorrow night in this:

Sunderland will be taking this tournament serious, i can be expected to field a full strength team. They are on the back of a good weekends win, and should easily surpass northampton who have a few notable absentees. 1/3

Liverpool will finally find their scoring boots and will dispose of crewe easily enough. The best bet for this game is Liverpool/Liverpool at 4/7.
    Also if he starts, i'll have a small bet on Robbie Keane to score a hat-trick (no odds available just yet) This is the exact type of game that oculd really kickstart his scoring career with Lpool.

With Man U having played on sunday, and it certainly being Alex's least favourite tournament, i cant see them taking this game too serious.Although, with mido injured it would probably need a full strength Mboro team to have more confidence in this bet. Still, i think laying Man U at just over 1/2 is a nice bet.

Double - Sunderland 1/3 and Lpool halftime fulltime 4/7. Being the main bet for tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

semibluff wrote: »
    Few matches of interest tomorrow night in this:

Sunderland will be taking this tournament serious, i can be expected to field a full strength team. They are on the back of a good weekends win, and should easily surpass northampton who have a few notable absentees. 1/3

Liverpool will finally find their scoring boots and will dispose of crewe easily enough. The best bet for this game is Liverpool/Liverpool at 4/7.
    Also if he starts, i'll have a small bet on Robbie Keane to score a hat-trick (no odds available just yet) This is the exact type of game that oculd really kickstart his scoring career with Lpool.

With Man U having played on sunday, and it certainly being Alex's least favourite tournament, i cant see them taking this game too serious.Although, with mido injured it would probably need a full strength Mboro team to have more confidence in this bet. Still, i think laying Man U at just over 1/2 is a nice bet.

Double - Sunderland 1/3 and Lpool halftime fulltime 4/7. Being the main bet for tomorrow

Welcome to boards Roy!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I might go with Rotherham at 2/1 to beat Southampton. Rotherham would be up there in League Two if it weren't for their points reduction and Southampton, i think personally, are candidates for relegation to League One so the bet just makes sense to me based on these two assumptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Newcastle v Spurs +2.5 is a must! :D

Man Utd v Middlesbrough, could be interesting. Fergies kids were embarassed last year by Coventry will it be more of the same?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

mike65 wrote: »
    Newcastle v Spurs +2.5 is a must! :D

Mike.

You would have to be a brave man to put money that that game!

Arsenal seem a decent bet 1.46 with betfair

I think thier inept defences and striker potential (ie Owen and Bent have space to work) could result in a goal fest - and its not like both teams don't need a result any result right now.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

county wrote: »
    You would have to be a brave man to put money that that game!

Arsenal seem a decent bet 1.46 with betfair

I'd be cautious about this one. Looks like Wenger is to play his youngest ever starting eleven with the majority of players ranging from 16-19 with Bentner (20), Song (21) and Djourou (21) being the veterans.

Still fancy them for a win but not 100% confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

i'd be very careful with the carling cup... it'll pay to wait for the team sheets to come out

dsmythy wrote: »
    I might go with Rotherham at 2/1 to beat Southampton. Rotherham would be up there in League Two if it weren't for their points reduction and Southampton, i think personally, are candidates for relegation to League One so the bet just makes sense to me based on these two assumptions.

Well done, Soton look doomed.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

to score anytime:

zaki (wigan) 13/8
    carew 11/10
    jo (city) evs

singles/treble

Advertisement