Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caterers - Advice for planning a 60th Birthday party

• 22-09-2008 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi all

Hope this is the right place to post this thread, please feel free to move it if you think that it has a more suitable home elsewhere.

My Dad is turning 60 next May, and though there is no huge rush on organising the party, i want to start putting my feelers out at this stage, just to see what's available and get a rough idea of how much the whole thing is going to cost. I am planning (probably) on having a party in my parents house, inviting about 30 or 40 guests, setting up a marque in the garden and getting some caterers in to provide food.

Can anyone recommend a good catering company? I have had a quick look online, but it's hard to tell what's good and what's not.

Have you organised a party with professional catering for a large group for a 60th or similar? If so, i'd love to hear what you did..

Thanks

Gav

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Where are you based roughly?

I can move this to one of the regional fora for you if you wish, you may get an answer there either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

We had caterers for a 40th party for similar numbers, and it was great. They brought everything needed and put out a really lovely buffet with lots of choice (meats, lovely salads, breads & dips) - food cost just under 1000 (we didn't have desserts since we had a huge birthday cake). They brought all the plates and cutlery etc and took it all away again afterwards.

Advertisement