Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs stake house

Options
  • 22-09-2008 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone know if Spurs in Liffy Valley do any sort of vegetarian dish, or will I be sitting on front of a big plate of chips tomorrow night? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

To be honest with you, I wouldn't even bother with that place as a meat eater. It's a kip and it's always filthy.

If it's a bite to eat before the flicks you're interested in, Pizza Hut or Eddie Rockets is a safer bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Well it's a mate's going away do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do something, it could be mexican type veggie dishes I think. Have never been there but I remember looking at the menu and they did have more than one veg. main dish on it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Ok, thanks guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Full menu is here http://www.menupages.ie/Restaurants/Spurs_Family_Restaurant/Menu.aspx

Your choices are a beanburger, veg enchiladas or veg fajitas.

As I said, though, it's a truly appalling place, so have a big lunch beforehand if possible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Full menu is here http://www.menupages.ie/Restaurants/Spurs_Family_Restaurant/Menu.aspx

Your choices are a beanburger, veg enchiladas or veg fajitas.

As I said, though, it's a truly appalling place, so have a big lunch beforehand if possible!

A few years ago I had the fajitas and I have to say they were really nice. The place was horrible alright but the food was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

I was there about a year ago and ordered the vegetarian enchiladas. Halfway through it, I found a slice of beef inside. Granted they picked up the bill as a result, but it still wasn't a very pleasant experience.
    So yeah, wouldn't really recommend the place.

Inglorious wrote: »
    Halfway through it, I found a slice of beef inside.
    I'd beat the manager to a bloody pulp. Who says vegetarians are pacifists?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Anytime that's happened to me I still had to pay! Maybe I should complain more...

Nature Boy wrote: »
    Anytime that's happened to me I still had to pay! Maybe I should complain more...

No, if that happens they should pay you. There's no question of me paying for a meat dish... ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Doesn't sound like a good restaurant to visit at all at all!

Advertisement