Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crafting

• 22-09-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing much crafting yet? I've been trying Talisman Making on my main, and so far have had no luck getting the drops I need for working on this skill. Anyone else seeing the same, or is it just bad luck on my part?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Not tried any of it myself yet. Just been selling all the drops so far :)
    Would be interested also to hear from others who have tried it and could recommend a good crafting path to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

If you get anything suitable for Salvaging / Talisman making, let me know and I'll happily take them off your hands. Can do cash or a nice line in potions :)

I've a pair of apothicaries on level 25 skill, and have a good stock of heal over time potions building up. Can do others on request. I think I know what I need for the instant heal potions as well, so will be investigating that this evening. Assuming it works out, I'll be able to supply those as well.

So far I have
    Salvaging/Talisman making
    Cultivating / Apothicary
    Scavanging / Apothicary

The first is proving a lot slower to level up. The Salvaging isn't too bad, but I just can't seem to get the components for the actual Talisman making.

Cultivating is easy, if time consuming. Haven't had any critical successes so far, so no dyes, but I think once I start using better gear I should see those coming.
    Scavanging is handy. Kill humanoid. Loot. Skill rises :) Plus you get drops that help in both Cultivating and Apothicary, so those work well together.

Scavanging / Apothicary seems the quickest to skill up, at least as far as 25 or so. I did that last night in no time .. maybe a half hour to get both skills to 25 or just beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 3D

Salvaging/Talisman making 16/10

Salvaged all my early drops and loot I replaced as I leveled - still can only salvage items lower than level 11 and as my main is 21 its a pain.

As for the componants for Talisman making - you can buy them at merchants (or at least enough to get you started) try the merchant at the first town in Nordeland *Spelling*.

I can get most of the components off the merchants, but I think its the fragments that I'm still lacking. I think its the first component you're supposed to place in your crafting box at any rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I've done cultivation/apothecary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Cultivation/apothecary
    43/41

I've hit a wall with cultivation at the moment which is mildly annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im in mid thirties for talisman and 48 for salvaging

after looking in to it a bit further it seems like a silly level of interaction is required to be a crafter.

Talismans require 5 items, a container, a shard salvaged from an item, gold essence (low level crap bought high level made by apothecary), a curio (obtained by scavengers) and essence also salvaged from items and ruined equipment.

Apothecary is easy mode crafting tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Sarn wrote: »
    Cultivation/apothecary
    43/41

I've hit a wall with cultivation at the moment which is mildly annoying.

yeah its a pain :(

jaggeh wrote: »
    im in mid thirties for talisman and 48 for salvaging

after looking in to it a bit further it seems like a silly level of interaction is required to be a crafter.

Talismans require 5 items, a container, a shard salvaged from an item, gold essence (low level crap bought high level made by apothecary), a curio (obtained by scavengers) and essence also salvaged from items and ruined equipment.

This is why I have different skills on different alts, and feed the bits I need through to my talisman maker.

I think I'm up to about 30 in salvaging and 15 or so in talisman making now.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I have talisman making and Magical Salvaging. The latter has made me 26 gold in the last 36 hours.

Anyone with scavenging and talisman making has a problem leveling up their talisman making, in that they can't get fragments.

So what I have been doing is buying Green renown boots for 8s, salvaging them into fragments and essences and selling them in the AH. Like I said, 26 gold in less than two days.

Laughing all the way to the Bank I am. Horsie is paid for when I hit 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

One thing that's really bad is that everyone is going to have the same skills, apothecary
    or talisman. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 3D

So what I have been doing is buying Green renown boots for 8s, salvaging them into fragments and essences and selling them in the AH. Like I said, 26 gold in less than two days.

Hackz :)

Just as a matter of scientific interest mind you - but can you still buy the low level renown gear if you are a much higher level? :p

I've got a L12 character and have been buying the renown gear at the Blessed Warcamp in tier 1 without any problems.

Salvaging that and using the bits for crafting, I got my salvaging to near 50 (had a couple of high level bits of salvage .. ruined equipment of some kind which I suspect you need over salvage 45) and my Talisman Making to about 30 yesterday.

I may try selling some fragments on the AH as well, as my cash is starting to get a bit low now. I think I spent about 3 gold or so on the renown gear to fuel my talisman making.

If anyone has characters on Burlok and wants a Talisman or two to slot, let me know. I've 20 or 30 stashed in the bank vault in the City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I have no idea where to get skills, have been in the game on my own mostly... Kiith, I need your help :P

I have no idea where to get skills, have been in the game on my own mostly... Kiith, I need your help :P

You should find skill trainers at the warcamps. I can tell you where to find the Chaos ones, but haven't done enough time on Dark Elves / Greenskins to tell you where those are.

You can have one crafting and one gathering skill. Changing your mind and taking a new skill means you lose all the points in the old one. Once you have an idea of what skills you are interested in, we can probably give you more advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

As a dark elf I just found the first flight master I could and went to the Inevitable City in the Chaos section - found the skill trainers there handy enough, I think there's one in each of the four corners of the area that the Apex is.

Silly question, but how do I get access to the second cultivating slot so that I can do 2 seeds at the same time?
    At 36 cult/1 apoc now, just can't seem to find enough ingredients to make a stable mix:o

/edit
    Figured out that you can buy cloudy water to stabilise the mix... They could have made that a bit clearer!

I generally go with 2 cloudy water and one of those buyable mushrooms for a good stable mix.

The fleas you Scavange from beastmen will give you instant heal and action point potions. I made the heal over time potions as well, but can't remember offhand what I was using for those.

Not sure how you get the second cultivation slot unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

I think it comes with every 10 ranks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A general warning to everyone doing apothecary. Hoard any skill 25 to 45 materials you find. There's a distinct lack of these which makes getting to 50 very awkward. From 50 onwards there's no lack of components however.

Advertisement