Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastering. Gone too far?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Soundman wrote: »
    Thought this might provoke a nice little discussion.

Metallica's latest offering, "Death Magnetic," under analysis.

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/09/does-metallicas.html

It can only be but a good thing that music fans are taking notice of clipping and too much compression. Metallica didn't bother sitting in on the mastering which sounds very odd to me. Their fans have opened up a can of woop ass on the production of that album, fair play to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

ted jensen has already distanced himself from this one.. bit odd altogether y metallica allowed this released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We had this chat already (not specific to Metalica though)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376499&page=2

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

ted jensen has already distanced himself from this one.. bit odd altogether y metallica allowed this released.

That's the way they wanted it dude.
    The album arrived at mastering pre-destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

teamdresch wrote: »
    That's the way they wanted it dude.
    The album arrived at mastering pre-destroyed.

just read a few words from hetfield there.. seemingly they were away on tour and left it with rubin (or whoever) for the mix.. although i presume they would still have to ok it?

pretty bizarre that a band who have caused so much fuss over "the music" in the past would let this turd out.

i bought it cause i love them but ive even got friends complaining bout it and they arent big audiophiles at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement