Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The highest res I can get is 1650x1050

BROTHERSINARMS-3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

BROTHERSINARMS-2.jpg

and heres another cool pic,Im playing this with gtx 260,how do ye think it looks?

looks sweet, how are you taking screenshots tho? Fraps or something? i cant find a proper screenshot key, i just use the print screen key and paste into paint :rolleyes:

page stretching ahoy:

65501825ib0.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

0ubliette wrote: »
    i just use the print screen key and paste into paint :rolleyes:

thats excactly what I do as well,and then I copy it in photobucket and upload it here,although from seeing your image,I see your using image shack?im gonna consider using that now seeing as photobuckets biggest resolution is 800x600.nice pic though,what card you using?

thats excactly what I do as well,and then I copy it in photobucket and upload it here,although from seeing your image,I see your using image shack?im gonna consider using that now seeing as photobuckets biggest resolution is 800x600.nice pic though,what card you using?

Yeah its annoying, i might just use fraps to take screens in it or something. Im using an evga 8800 GTS 512. Runs the game without a hitch, even in the most intense sections. Tho i did try to force 2xAA in the nvidia control panel and it ****ed my FPS

Yeah its annoying, i might just use fraps to take screens in it or something. Im using an evga 8800 GTS 512. Runs the game without a hitch, even in the most intense sections. Tho i did try to force 2xAA in the nvidia control panel and it ****ed my FPS

what does 2xAA do?thats still a very good card,some more pics for ye,these are head shots,when you get a headshot,its goes in slow motion which is cool.

BROTHERSINARMS-4.jpg

BROTHERSINARMS-5.jpg

• Advertisement

nice shots man, im glad i went with the PCversion mself as id heard the console versions look crap and have texture pop in.
    AA is anti-aliasing, its what smooths out jagged edges in graphics. It goes from 2xAA up to 8xAA or so, makes things look alot smoother but comes at the cost of performance!

look at this poor chap

BROTHERSINARMS-6.jpg

Im glad I went for the pc version too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wow, those screenies look great, I dl'ed it last nite ;) gonna install it and have a go myself

Ok, had a rip at this and I'm sooooo glad I didn't buy this. I didn't really like the older ones in the series and this ones even worse. Its a very bad console port which is crap on pc, not impressed at all with the graphics either. 3/10 Poor

Edit: Just for another opinion I let my 9yo son have a go, just to see if he wanted to install it and he also thought it was complete muck and he'd play anything. So I'm not alone here in my slating

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Ok, had a rip at this and I'm sooooo glad I didn't buy this. I didn't really like the older ones in the series and this ones even worse. Its a very bad console port which is crap on pc, not impressed at all with the graphics either. 3/10 Poor

Edit: Just for another opinion I let my 9yo son have a go, just to see if he wanted to install it and he also thought it was complete muck and he'd play anything. So I'm not alone here in my slating

Well if a 9 year old hates it, it must be arse :rolleyes:
    Let me guess, you were expecting a call of duty clone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Thought it was great fun. Really enjoyed using my squads to supress the enemy then flank them with my assualt squad from one side and me from the other.

Played it on veteran and i think i died twice and that was more from stupidity than difficulty so not a hard game (will try realistic sometime) but thoroughly enjoyable. Finished it over three days.

I'm also a COD fan so the two not mutually exclusive.

Despite what people think,I personally think its a great game,very different from the other ww2 shooters out there,its a breath of fresh air,Ok so the AI Aint great,hopefully they'll release a patch soon for that,but other than that I like it,have to get my hands on the other two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Soby wrote: »
    Id wait for operation flashpoint before this even...which btw looks unreal from the early review ive seen

Well your a patient man then! Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought OFP2: Dragons Rising is due for release in March 2009?!

I reckon that will be the game of the year next year though, and can't wait for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

It runs like an ass.

A sure sign of a badly ported / written game is when you get the exact same FPS on the lowest settings as you do on the highest settings.

Longest and most cringe worthy introduction to a game I have ever seen. I think they went a bit overboard on the whole God bless America emotional soldiers thinking back on their youth running through corn fields with toy airplanes bollox.

Well if a 9 year old hates it, it must be arse :rolleyes:
    Let me guess, you were expecting a call of duty clone?

Na, didn't expect a COD clone, but I expected something a bit better than this, this was just awful IMO. I was looking for a game to pull me away from Clear Sky for a while as its very long, Warhead did this but was 2 short, this didn't even last an evening. Guess I'll have to wait for Far Cry 2 but I'll keep going at Clear Sky for now.

BROTHERSINARMS-7.jpg

think im nearly finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

A sure sign of a badly ported / written game is when you get the exact same FPS on the lowest settings as you do on the highest settings.
    Or that you got a bottleneck somewhere where your gfx card is able to handle the highest settings but the cpu (or whatever) struggles.

I never tried it on low settings as i ran the game beautifully with everything enabled so can't comment one way ro another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    Or that you got a bottleneck somewhere where your gfx card is able to handle the highest settings but the cpu (or whatever) struggles.

I never tried it on low settings as i ran the game beautifully with everything enabled so can't comment one way ro another.

Exactly, the fact that it is so CPU intensive shows that it's a bad port.

It's similar to an N64 game running in an emulator. If you were you write an N64 game from the ground up specifically for PC you would be able to run it very smoothly with very little hardware requirements. Where as an N64 game running in an emulator needs a fairly powerful CPU because the code isn't running on it's native platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Help:First
    Tank mission
    ..Where is the last flak gun(8 of them)..it says its on the walkway according to my map but i cant see it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Help:First
    Tank mission
    ..Where is the last flak gun(8 of them)..it says its on the walkway according to my map but i cant see it?

Bring up the map and look for
    a flak gun with an orange background - that should be it

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Bring up the map and look for
    a flak gun with an orange background - that should be it

ye i saw it. on the map..but couldnt see it..was strange..i just reloaded the last checkpoint and it was there..strange

Fizman wrote: »
    Well your a patient man then! Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought OFP2: Dragons Rising is due for release in March 2009?!

I reckon that will be the game of the year next year though, and can't wait for it!

yup your correct with the date...not too long:P

yup your correct with the date...not too long:P

I don't think it will be game of the year. Maybe for the die hard "1 shot and you're dead" fanatics, but everyone else will get bored of that pretty quickly. I'm not a fan of that genre at all since Project IGI.....

The game kinda had a bit of
    F.E.A.R
    in it didnt it??...I was half expecting
    the little girl to pop out the way the guy with the glasses did(Cant think of his name)
    ...-Dont read if you havent gone through the hospital mission(The 2nd time)

That was
    Leggit? Thought those scenes were very well done, added to the progression of Baker losing his mind

DarkJager wrote: »
    That was
    Leggit? Thought those scenes were very well done, added to the progression of Baker losing his mind

ye that was it..ah no wasnt saying anything bad just saying it reminded me off it...Its a good story line
    ffs rented it out yesterday for a week and im finished it..Do xtra-vision let you say go back and rent something else out for the other 5/6 days??

Finished it today,really enjoyed it,good game,roll on friday for far cry 2 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Just started this myself, have to say I like it a lot, gameplay is great , the tactical element makes an interesting change from COD gun n run, you find your self examing the area for flanking posibilities, the squad command system is quite good and you can really accomplish some things with it, it's not just tacked on like in some other games, graphics are OK, outdoors is adequate indoors is pretty crappy, it's quite taxing on my GFX cards for whatever reason they really whine up, haven't had that happen in any other game that i can remember, the story as mentioned before is pants and I just pay it no heed and wait for the action to start up again, I will be playing this one out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

There are a couple of tank levels in this which are totally awesome, drive around in a tank blowing the sh1t out of massed enemies and mowing them down with a machinegun, very cool, a bit like the gunship level in cod4, the same sense of invulnerability and murdering the masses

• Advertisement
Advertisement