Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little bit of Help with Aritech cs450 please

Options
  • 22-09-2008 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

HI I've just installed an aritech cs450 control panel to replace my burnt out cs350.

Everything is working ok, but I need a bit of help with 2 things.

I need to conect the old pir from the cs350. On the cs 350 control panel there was a dedicated input for a pir, but on the new cs450 there doesn't seem to be. I tried just connecting it into one of the spare zones but it is not flashing away (powering up). Any Ideas.

Also my Zones are like this zone 1 Front door
    zone 2 upstairs
    zone 3 back door and downstairs windows
    zone 5 Panic.

Can someone give me a detailed method for setting up the part arm on the control panel, to have Zone 1 and Zone 3 only arm when going to bed, because the manual is a little confussing.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

ger1980 wrote: »
    I need to conect the old pir from the cs350. On the cs 350 control panel there was a dedicated input for a pir, but on the new cs450 there doesn't seem to be. I tried just connecting it into one of the spare zones but it is not flashing away (powering up).

There is no dedicated PIR imputs on the 350's or the 450's :confused:
    Every zone is fully programmable.
    Remember that you can only wire inertia sensors on the first four zones. Once you know that you can wire your PIR into any zone.

In the Zone attributes menu programme any zone you want off on part set. If your PIR is looking at the exit/entry route make sure to programme it for 'access' while you in the 'attributes' menu.

BTW, where did you manage to get a 450, they're obsolete too. Just curious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ger1980

I got it in T o Reillys in Santry last week.

Thanks for your help.

How can I power the pir. I put the 2 sensor wires into a zone. Any idea where I should get the power from.

Thanks Mate

Take your power from the 'Aux' on the board, should be on the far left if I remember correctly.
    Make sure you select the correct zone hardware ie. Dual or single. You will know by the resistance on each zone when opened, 9.4k is dual.

Are you sure its an Aritech 450? They shouldn't have sold you one of those, they aren't up to standards anymore. They should have sold you a cs235 or 250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ger1980

Yep defo a cs450. Only got it last week. What you mean by not up to standards.

Thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I'd bring that panel back and get one of the new ones as it does not meet the new EN standards.
    Anyway to answer your question terminals 27 and 28 are + - respectively. Connect to the corrosponding + - on the pir and you're done
    In the attributes menu enable the pg option to exclude the zone on part set

• Advertisement

ger1980 wrote: »
    Yep defo a cs450. Only got it last week. What you mean by not up to standards.

Thanks mate

They sold you an out of date panel. It's the same as buying a brand new car from a dealership and realising when you got home that its the old model and the new model been out for ages. I would say they had it out the back stores for ages and they were waiting to off load it on an unsuspecting customer.

If your keypad goes faulty next year you wont be able to get a replacement, you'll have to get a new control panel as well as they are (should) be obsolete.

Advertisement