Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai investigate site, using a medium?

Options
  • 22-09-2008 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0922/penderf.html

Have a look at the link above, what type of "expert" would they be using to assist them in finding a body in this location??? The only thing I can think of is a medium of some sort, I'm a skeptic as you know so I'm not just jumping at the possibility of a medium being involved here, but what other type of "expert", could be of any assistance in this type of thing???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well with it being 12 years ago its not some sort of tracker. I'd go with it being a psychic too. Tbh though, if it gets a result ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

6th wrote: »
    Well with it being 12 years ago its not some sort of tracker. I'd go with it being a psychic too. Tbh though, if it gets a result ....

That's what I thought, it's not like it's someone who is going on a scent or some recent evidence, I think it must be a medium, especially as they say this person has been involved and has assisted in other high profile cases in the US. Maybe I'm not as skepitical as I first thought! :eek::eek::eek:

Also this guy has been working on the site which has been described as acres of land and has advised, based on his expertise, for the whole area to be searched, he must be a medium...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not necessarily a psychic. Could be some sort of landscape/soil expert or a foreign copper with experience and superior knowledge of searching for human remains in certain types of terrain.

I dont know if its a psychic . But psychics are used alot in many cases .

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Not necessarily a psychic. Could be some sort of landscape/soil expert or a foreign copper with experience and superior knowledge of searching for human remains in certain types of terrain.

But this person's advice is to the Gardai appears to be that they should search a wide area covering several acres, so this expert obviously cannot point to a particular spot in the ground and say, "I think you should search there".

If the Gardai have brought in someone with supernatural abilities, why don't they just say so???

Darragh29 wrote: »
    If the Gardai have brought in someone with supernatural abilities, why don't they just say so???

If they are seen to be taking that sort of help then I dont doubt for a second that they would get hundreds of more offers from people who range from attention seekers to well-meaning delusionals. The type of people who can help in these cases are usuallt the type of people who wont go shouting about it, imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Can't remember the name geo-something (possibly geophyse) but what's the thing used to scan the ground, it's used a lot on "Timeteam". Considering the time scale there's a bound to have certain amount of digging over the years hence the wide area.

I'd very very skeptical of any garda taking on a psychic, the risk to their career is way too much.

Gillo wrote: »
    Can't remember the name geo-something (possibly geophyse) but what's the thing used to scan the ground, it's used a lot on "Timeteam". Considering the time scale there's a bound to have certain amount of digging over the years hence the wide area.

Maybe Grimes will share some info with us? <puts up bat-signal>
    I'd very very skeptical of any garda taking on a psychic, the risk to their career is way too much.

And yet they do it often enough.

On the news at 9 this evening they described this expert as a "soil & search" expert. It sounded like a phrase they had just made up to give the guy a job title! I hear what the other poster has said about the geo-physics thing, but if that was credible, I think the Gardai would be digging a small number of possible burial sites that this person with their expertise and equipment would have identified for the Gardai and Army...

From looking at the news this evening, they are sweeping the whole field as distinct from being pointed to a possible place of burial by an expert who has previously screened the site with some special equipment... The Army were sweeping the field trying to detect a metal plate that was put into the victims arm during an operation... It's hard to see why if some expert used something to scan or screen the field and made some recommendations to the Gardai on what they have found, why the Gardai are not now digging grave sized holes on these potential burial sites???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭StiffLitlemicky

6th wrote: »
    If they are seen to be taking that sort of help then I dont doubt for a second that they would get hundreds of more offers from people who range from attention seekers to well-meaning delusionals. The type of people who can help in these cases are usuallt the type of people who wont go shouting about it, imho.

You're just after describing yourself!:pac:

Don't think its a medium being used to find the body.

You're just after describing yourself!:pac:

Don't think its a medium being used to find the body.

Well I only suggested it because I can't think of what other type of expert could assist the Gardai in coming to the conclusion that there is possibly or maybe a high possibility that somewhere in this field, but nowhere specifically, there is a body...???

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I heard it was an expert in soil disturbance. Didnt think it was a medium at all, the searches began because of a cross found in the area.

Oryx wrote: »
    I heard it was an expert in soil disturbance. Didnt think it was a medium at all, the searches began because of a cross found in the area.

Yeah, that's what they said on the news. So why are they still searching/weeping a large area with metal detectors??? If soil was disturbed and this expert was there for the last week, why are they not now investigating small, norrowly defined potential burial sites instead of sweeping a whole field???

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what they said on the news. So why are they still searching/weeping a large area with metal detectors??? If soil was disturbed and this expert was there for the last week, why are they not now investigating small, norrowly defined potential burial sites instead of sweeping a whole field???
    Maybe its an inexact or hard to pinpoint thing because of the soil composition? I dunno. I know they are trying to find metal as mentioned above.

I presume they dont, but I would have hoped that if they did have a medium assisting, such a person would bring them to the exact spot, (or they wouldnt volunteer information in the first place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shush 'n listen

Here's a little bit of useless info " On the Holly & Jessica case in the UK some years back there were 347 different psychics/mediums gave some sort of info . If they were to listen to all of them they would still be looking for those young girls, and also the person that took the credit for giving the info to the police was not all he made himself out to be , it was in fact a young female lady who came up with the info.So the lesson for today is do not belive all you READ>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Poltergoose

maybe the said expert is a dog, around the Gardai a hamster would be considered as an expert

maybe the said expert is a dog, around the Gardai a hamster would be considered as an expert
    They do sometimes use cadaver dogs in cases like this.

Otherwise I agree with ya.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Poltergoose

Oryx wrote: »
    They do sometimes use cadaver dogs in cases like this.

Otherwise I agree with ya.:)

Yeah thats what I meant.......But also like the idea of the hamster dressed as Columbo instructing the Gardai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭phaze

Yesterday's Indo talk of a profiler involved in the case. Expert psychologist who has worked on cases in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Well that sounds a bit more promising that a medium.......

Advertisement