Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal broadband to be subject of indepth lecture

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

If the word "crap" isn't mentioned at least once I shall be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

R0ot wrote: »
    If the word "crap" isn't mentioned at least once I shall be disappointed.
    :D Just have a look at the Broadband threads here and words like that, and many others with four letters of an even stronger nature, are there to be found in plenty.
    The worst part for us here in Donegal is the absence of any alternative to Eircom or their resellers - the words 'frying pan' and 'fire' are the polite way to describe that choice :(
    Still, I'll be interested to hear what it's all about - thanks for the information Irish1967.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Donegal will be the subject of an indepth lecture due to be delivered in Sligo tonight, that made me laugh but then i'm easily amused - anyone go what was said? will anyone listen ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Id be interested to hear what was said. Im sure it was a load of bullshit in any event. Remember the much publicised rural broadband scheme that was to cover 95% of the county and was to be up and running last November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

muffler wrote: »
    Id be interested to hear what was said. Im sure it was a load of bullshit in any event. Remember the much publicised rural broadband scheme that was to cover 95% of the county and was to be up and running last November.

We are the 5% that weren't covered..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is that the Group Broadband Scheme (GBS) you refer to? It was scrapped a long while ago.

I agree with ednw, it did seem strange that a lecture about BB in Donegal was in Sligo IT. Maybe LYIT was booked out!

I opened the stream about 9pm but due to UTV bb acting up at the moment, dropouts were a ngihtmare. I am not even sure they were talking about broadband on the stream by the time I connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

byte wrote: »
    Is that the Group Broadband Scheme (GBS) you refer to? It was scrapped a long while ago.
    It was part of the Community Network Scheme (CNS) which was to have been completed by Nov. 07. Linky

NWE were appointed contractors but I phoned them once and sent 2 emails and never got a reply from them.

There was a discussion some time ago on this and I might just bring it up again as this thread is more to do with the oceanfm programme last night.

Advertisement