Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i get back into the cuckoo's nest.

Options
  • 22-09-2008 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

any chance of getting back into the cuckoo's nest. maybe i shouldnt have posted in the "post in this and get banned thread"............ but i just could'nt resist!

reason for looking back in is genuine - i want to abuse le rack.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

stevoman wrote: »
    any chance of getting back into the cuckoo's nest. maybe i shouldnt have posted in the "post in this and get banned thread"............ but i just could'nt resist!

If there was a big red button that said "Do not press", you'd press it, wouldn't you? :pac:

Good a reason as any I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'd like back in too ... its been a couple of years now.

Any chance there can be a poll posted in there like before where 1 person (who's expressed an interest) gets let back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

If there was a big red button that said "Do not press", you'd press it, wouldn't you? :pac:

Yes Sir (hangs head in shame)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

do_not_press-thumb.png

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

GAAman wrote: »
    do_not_press-thumb.png

:cool:

nothing happened....

KABOOM!!!!!

damn

• Advertisement

Even if that image had "this is a rickroll" written under the button I would still press it!

do_not_press-thumb.png

Fixed.

Now, whatever you do, do not press that button!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

There is nobody really modding the nest atm..

I think it could could do with a bit of housekeeping..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yep I wouldn't mind getting back in too, it's been a while. I don't think I ever posted very much there but it's nice to have a nose around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

do_not_press-thumb.png

Fixed.

Now, whatever you do, do not press that button!

Must........resist...............

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think not re-instating anyone is the best way of ensuring TCN eventually destroys itself.

Oh btw, I think this thread should be moved to TCN. That way you can both deny and grant the OP's request.

Perfectly fitting no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Do not click this link either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I think you want the Thunderdrome ... head for Sys, but turn right instead of left!
    Maximilian wrote: »
    I think not re-instating anyone is the best way of ensuring TCN eventually destroys itself.
    Never gonna happen, though it could do with a shot in the arm at the moment, it's a bit dormant.
    Maximilian wrote: »
    Oh btw, I think this thread should be moved to TCN. That way you can both deny and grant the OP's request.
    Strangely, you think like a Nester ... ^_~

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Wazdakka wrote: »
    There is nobody really modding the nest atm..

I think it could could do with a bit of housekeeping..

Excuse me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

amp wrote: »
    Excuse me?

:eek: :eek:

:o

Excuse me?

Huzzah! We have our almeida-a-like back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I'd really like to get back in too. It's been forever. I miss tCN :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Excuse me?
    Lol, thought you retired?

Or was that just a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel? :p

• Advertisement

That's not amp, it's just a glitch. That's a post where he's being condescending to someone on Humanities 4 years ago. It'll be fixed shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Lol, thought you retired?

Or was that just a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel? :p

Or maybe a fox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

That's not amp, it's just a glitch. That's a post where he's being condescending to someone on Humanities 4 years ago. It'll be fixed shortly.

Condescending???

AMP !!!

Never.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

How about issuing a Cuckoo's Nest Visa system, like that recently introduced in the US? Live and work in the Cuckoo's Nest for a year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

How's about you people who were stupid enough to post in the "POST HERE TO BE PERMANENTLY BANNED" thread think the next time you do something retarded...

For the record, I will blow up the Leader if these people are allowed back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Kharn wrote: »
    How's about you people who were stupid enough to post in the "POST HERE TO BE PERMANENTLY BANNED" thread think the next time you do something retarded...

For the record, I will blow up the Leader if these people are allowed back in.

Why?

I would love a few people to be let back in .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Indeed, it's hardly a "stupidity filter" - if anything it's the opposite. Telling people "don't post in this thread or you'll be arbitrarily and meaninglessly banned!!!1!aon!" will cause people with a backbone and innate tendency to give the middle finger to arbitrary and meaningless practices to press that red button and post. Not because they're stupid, but because the "POST HERE TO BE PERMANENTLY BANNED" thread is stupid.

zynaps wrote: »
    Indeed, it's hardly a "stupidity filter" - if anything it's the opposite. Telling people "don't post in this thread or you'll be arbitrarily and meaninglessly banned!!!1!aon!" will cause people with a backbone and innate tendency to give the middle finger to arbitrary and meaningless practices to press that red button and post. Not because they're stupid, but because the "POST HERE TO BE PERMANENTLY BANNED" thread is stupid.

Wow, good post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Dude, good post.

That whole thread was stupid anyway, and amp was just using it as an opportunity to ban people, but yah, it's brilliant the way all amp's friend have immunity to banning, well two of them anyway, when they're even stupider in the first place.

Time to get rid of the sticky, and if amp is retiring, then why doesn't he just go retire? Why have a sleeping mod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Indeed, it's hardly a "stupidity filter" - if anything it's the opposite. Telling people "don't post in this thread or you'll be arbitrarily and meaninglessly banned!!!1!aon!" will cause people with a backbone and innate tendency to give the middle finger to arbitrary and meaningless practices to press that red button and post. Not because they're stupid, but because the entire TCN forum is stupid.

FYP.

Advertisement