Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i get back into the cuckoo's nest.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its not stupid its just silly. Everything needs a bit of silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

6th wrote: »
    Its not stupid its just silly. Everything needs a bit of silly.

If this were a catpic thread I'd be posting the Internet, serious bizness one right now :)

On-topic, yup, I believe that amp should call an amnesty for those ex-nesters.... he could call it an 'amp-nest-y'.

See what I did there? Amp...nest...Cuckoos nest?? geddit? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

zynaps wrote: »
    Indeed, it's hardly a "stupidity filter" - if anything it's the opposite. Telling people "don't post in this thread or you'll be arbitrarily and meaninglessly banned!!!1!aon!" will cause people with a backbone and innate tendency to give the middle finger to arbitrary and meaningless practices to press that red button and post. Not because they're stupid, but because the "POST HERE TO BE PERMANENTLY BANNED" thread is stupid.

You could look at it the other way. It's a quick effective way of rooting out the ne'er do wells, rogues, scallywags and general scoundrels.

It's nothing to do with backbone or any innate tendency other than stupidity. Think of TCN as the Garden of Eden. It's a great place to have fun and frolic. Pretty much anything goes.

But wait.... there's a stupidity filter: Post here/Eat from this tree and yer out on yer ear.

Yes it's arbitrary and silly but when God/admins/mods (blasphemy ftw!) give you such a paradise, are you really going to argue when they impose a little arbitrary rule which doesn't really interfere with your enjoyment of the rest of the nest/garden?

A forum called the Cuckoo's Nest should be ruled with an iron fist I say. Nurse Ratchet style!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I personally feel if the Ban Thread rule is reversed, TCN will have lost its integrity. How can we ever trust any future ban threads?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I love being able to post in tCN :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

No they shouldn't be let back in.

If they didn't want a ban, then perhaps it may have been a better idea to NOT post in a thread where posting will get you permanently banned.

Letting people back in would compromise the integrity of this fine, well-respected and well-disciplined forum.

(In that thread I always imagine amp as the colonel from Monty Python who stops anything silly! :D)

180px-Graham_Chapman_Colonel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

And for those who have already been let back in?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

6th wrote: »
    And for those who have already been let back in?

I think they should immediately report to the Ban Thread for exile. One ban per person only.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Maximilian wrote: »
    I think they should immediately report to the Ban Thread for exile. One ban per person only.

I thought the ban thread had been closed?

An Fhile wrote: »
    I thought the ban thread had been closed?

That shouldn't stop them trying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement