Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of childs assessment

• 22-09-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know how much it costs for a psychological assessment for a child with learning disability.

Id like to get this done privately

Gx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

You could try this link. Not sure if it helps as I don't know your location. I do know that your GP can refer you and from there on the service is free. The waiting time is not usually very long. About a few weeks. Although this time of year it is possibly busy due to schools being back and new cases being identified. Your GP should be able to advise you of the best route in your area.

Best of luck!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Hi griffinx we had our son assesed about 3 years ago as far as i can remember it was 450 euro.As a heads up make sure the psychologist are specific about your childs learning disability and not vague like ours was i hope this is helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 freespirit96

Saoirse Support also covered this issue in their Community Newletter (July 2008) which can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.saoirsesupportservice.com/news.cfm

It gives an idea of what to expect in terms of 'best practice' with assessment.

One thing I would say is to ensure that whoever does the assessment for you includes a feedback meeting with you to explain all the jargon etc. For me, a report sent out in the post following the assessment is far from 'best practice' although I know under some conditions this has to be done but if you are paying for it, expect the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

most likely cost will be in around 400 euro.Depending on the learning difficulty, you would need a clinical psychologist.If it is get extra resources in school then you would need a clinical or NEPS approved psychologist.
    google NEPS panel and take your pick , but always ask questions first.
    It might be better to go to www.adhd.ie and post up question there.Chances are someome will have experiance of a psychologist from your area.
    HTH,
    Cathy

• Advertisement
Advertisement