Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprising ride home

Options
  • 22-09-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭

So today I had a pretty rough day in work.
    Bored, I checked my personal email to discover I had a PFO from a place I did an interview for a job with a few weeks ago...
    Then my boss started giving out to me about something totally out of my control and would affect my pay in an indirect way eventually.
    So needless to say I left the office with steam escaping from my ears and a probably a look that said don't come near me.
    Well, the ride home was f'n fantastic i have to say!!
    I dunno it must have been the testosterone or whatever but I absolutely hammered it, average speed was 3kph faster than my previous best and I ascended Mount Everest (Putman road in Bray) while still in the top wheel of my tripe (hardest..dunno what you call them) instead of the third one, didn't realise that till I was close to the top and though jebus I'm at the top already!

So right now I'm sitting here with a glass of wine and a big grin on my face, great end to the day.
    Cycling - the cure to all bad days :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Supercell wrote: »

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Depends how many blind drivers you meet along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

So today I had a pretty rough day in work.
    Bored, I checked my personal email to discover I had a PFO from a place I did an interview for a job with a few weeks ago...
    Then my boss started giving out to me about something totally out of my control and would affect my pay in an indirect way eventually.
    So needless to say I left the office with steam escaping from my ears and a probably a look that said don't come near me.
    Well, the ride home was f'n fantastic i have to say!!
    I dunno it must have been the testosterone or whatever but I absolutely hammered it, average speed was 3kph faster than my previous best and I ascended Mount Everest (Putman road in Bray) while still in the top wheel of my tripe (hardest..dunno what you call them) instead of the third one, didn't realise that till I was close to the top and though jebus I'm at the top already!

So right now I'm sitting here with a glass of wine and a big grin on my face, great end to the day.

Putland road??

I've just started working in Bray, I'm thinking about the commute and what routes to take!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

a PFO from a place I did an interview for a job with a few weeks ago...

Guess you'll be taking the EO afterall then! ;)

Advertisement