Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD 2600 PRO problem

Options
  • 22-09-2008 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I've been using a Radeon HD2600 for the last year now with no probs. Yesterday,while playing RFactor (a game I've played since I got the card with no problems) I got a freeze up, on restarting rfactor I got a message saying it couldn't find my card or display adapter,can't remember which. Anyway,uninstalled the driver and downloaded the most current from ATI,but it won't get past the introduction screen,I get the message... setup did not find a driver compatable with your current hardware or operating system.
    I downloaded the driver from the ATI site,following the leads to my specific card, so I'm positive it's the correct one. I've since tried to install the old driver from the original cd but that won't load either.Any suggestions on what I should do now,as I've deleted the old driver the card isn't shown in the system, any way I can check that's it's not the card that gone bad?Any help greatly appreciated.

Advertisement