Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repacing Blackberry

• 22-09-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

I have a Blackberry pearl from O2 for about 18 months now. It is beginning to show some wear and tear and I am thinking of replacing it. I am looking for some advice as to what is available which will give me voice, text and email. I need it to synchronise with MS Outlook 2007.

I just had a call from O2 saying that they have new price plans which will save me up to €40 per month but they want me to sign up for another 12 months. I am reluctant to do this as they are not offering an upgrade. They claim to have the lowest prices for pay monthly customers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I understand from O2 that they are not offering upgrades to customers at the moment because of "the recession". Would I be better off going to another provider?

This link http://www.misco.ie/productinformation/~143580~WW~/index.htm?affiliate=6031 seems to indicate that the Blackberry is quite expensive when not under contract.

Does a replacement for the Blackberry exist?

I would be grateful for some advice as to phones which would give me the same or better features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Pearl is a nice one to be honest. Good size wise.

If you want to go bigger and for something with a bit more bells & whistles. wait for the Blackberry Bold to be released. Should be out here in the next few weeks. I got one sim free yesterday from the UK. So far, liking it a lot, but it is bigger in the pocket than the pearl.

Thanks Mick. Ideally I would like a phone I could use as a modem with my laptop when I am out and about. Will the Bold work in this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

check out the Nokia E71. Doe's everything it says on the tin and more. Terrific phone. Sync with ms exchange, imap, pop , use as a modem, gps etc etc etc

joolsveer wrote: »
    I have a Blackberry pearl from O2 for about 18 months now. It is beginning to show some wear and tear and I am thinking of replacing it. I am looking for some advice as to what is available which will give me voice, text and email. I need it to synchronise with MS Outlook 2007.

I just had a call from O2 saying that they have new price plans which will save me up to €40 per month but they want me to sign up for another 12 months. I am reluctant to do this as they are not offering an upgrade. They claim to have the lowest prices for pay monthly customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I'm pretty sure it does...but I've not tried that yet to be honest.

The one great thing about this blackberry is that it connects to wi-fi. So if you have wireless at home/work or are in a wifi hotspot, you can connect to the net that way.

http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrybold/features/#experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Check out the HTC range of stuff - good stuff up there but if you have a lot of E-Mail you may want to use the BlackBerry connector or be on a good data plan as the data costs can mount up.

Advertisement