Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student discount-zavvi

• 22-09-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

Does the discount work for game consoles? I presume I just need to show my student card at the checkout...or do I have to sign up for something. (btw I am back being a student after many years so forgive my naievity about such matters)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

lindtee wrote: »
    Does the discount work for game consoles? I presume I just need to show my student card at the checkout...or do I have to sign up for something. (btw I am back being a student after many years so forgive my naievity about such matters)

You sign up at the checkout and they give you a card but I'm 99.9% sure you can't get it on game consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I have a HMV student card, game consoles and ipod stuff are excluded from 10% off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Just before the summer Zavvi in Blanchardstown had a Wii console on display with 10% off aka the student discount,unless this has now changed I would ask at the counter or check out www.zavvi.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

I tried last week, they say its not applicable on bundle deals,
    if i buy game disk or wii mate next time, i will get it but not with my 239euro wii consle bundle deal (+2 extra games) :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks for the information everyone. Have yet to get my student card but will sign up for the zavvi student card when I do. Any other shops that have student discounts? Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement