Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

postal times

Options
  • 22-09-2008 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how long it takes (days) for a package 3KG sent from America (NJ) TO REACH ITS DESTINATION (DUBLIN)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

All depends on what way it was sent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭duncanb

standard post....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Theres no way to tell exactly, only rough estimations, it depends on a heck of a lot of things just need to be patient with post.

Guys i am only looking for a rough estimate...

Are we talking 4 days or 2 weeks or a month?

also what are the chances of such a parcel getting lost in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

How long is a piece of string? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The An Post Guidlines say 4 -5 days for mail to be delivered in America, You have to take into account that Dublin is closer to New York than New York is to California*...

I'm estimating 4 - 10 days for delivery but would highly recommend you register anything of value in the future as there are no gurantees, compansation or tracking services available when sending ordinary post..

Disclamer
    *(heard it on the telly)

The An Post Guidlines say 4 -5 days for mail to be delivered in America, You have to take into account that Dublin is closer to New York than New York is to California*...

I'm estimating 4 - 10 days for delivery but would highly recommend you register anything of value in the future as there are no gurantees, compansation or tracking services available when sending ordinary post..

Disclamer
    *(heard it on the telly)

THANKS for the help...

I didn't send it, its coming from NJ to me...its not worth much tho.

Advertisement