Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Can not win at gambling

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Guys a bit of advice, you can not win at gambling by going to the bookies, first they only want mugs if you did happen to be winning they would have the secruity department keep a close eye on you and not lay you bets unles they wanted too, i laugh when i see the same old mugs in the bookies when i go in to have my free tea and biscuts as these guys will never ever in a million years win , its so sad i mean they might as well burn there money. Now i was a gambler for years so i know what im talking about and the fact is you can not win from bookies or with online bookies the only exception being betfair but even then only 1% of people win long term on betfair and these guys have a edge, since i gave up gambling it has been fantastic i now have a new lease of life, however i do tend to drink more lol, now what really pisses me off is the way the media are so in bed with the bookies , they never tell you they only want losers to bet with them and that they close account if you are a winner, these bookies are in my eyes the most immoral people on this planet .

wat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Very true, example if a horse has won 1 race in 10 its price should be 10/1, instead your likely to get 4/1, the difference is the bookies over all profit and why in the longterm he wins.

The skill of the gambler is to look for "value" ie find someting the bookie has been too generous with in pricing, often its the more obscure things like cricket or other sports they get wrong.

A good profit for a pro gambler is 20 % over a yr profit, which means betting 100k to win 20k profit.

Its a full time job at that level, and for what you risk losing and when you could leave your money in the bank and get 7 % intrest not a great profit.

But then how many jobs allow you to watch sport and go racing as work.

what the hell are u on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

these bookies are in my eyes the most immoral people on this planet .

QFT...I saw Paddy Power himself offering sweets laced with crack to the kids in the local playground the other day and William Hill is a well known child molestor

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Alright this is really going nowhere so I'm locking it.

If anyone has an issue with this then they can PM me or if one of the other mods wants to reopen it they can.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement