Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 - 3 month round the world travels

• 22-09-2008 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

An oppourtunity has arrisen for my boyfriend and myself to get leave from work to travel for 2 or 3 months.
    We are both 30 yrs old.
    No idea where to start looking into this or where is good to go. Would be available to go in Nov till end of Jan.
    Any sugguestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

best advice i can give you is don't try and do everything. first off pick a continent or places you really want to go to and work from there. to be fair you could spend 3 months in india and still be pressed for time, so choose what experience you want, asian, south american, african, pick key places and times usually starting point and end point and that's it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

What shrapnel said. What are you into? What kind of budget will you be on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Could do NZ and OZ for 6 weeks each, or

im just leaving 3 weeks in south America - Buenos Aires is a lovely city and the north and south are supposed to be lovely too could make a month in Arg then why not see Peru, depends on what your looking for and budget.

Try trailfinders for information on places and flights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

For 3 months I say first and foremost, just concentrate on one continent.

Now I haven't travelled all over the world but I've been to Thailand and South America and would have to say that I'd strongly recommend you spend your 3 months in S.America. particularly Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador. 3 months would be a perfect amount of time to spend on those 3 countries and it could be done on a very reasonable budget. There's so much to see and do from adventure to history to nights out. Fantastic part of the world.

Have a search on here for info on these countries or ask here or pm me if you wish.

Thailand/Vietnam/Laos Cambodia would be another option. A bit more touristy than S.America however. Still loads to do there too but my preferencw would be S.A.

Wherever you do go, don't try and do too much. Pick 2 or 3 countries and see loads in each.

Good luck.

Advertisement