Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog scratching himself

Options
  • 22-09-2008 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a young minature jack russell, and he is scratching himself badly. I cant visit the vet till Friday and will be worried the little fecker till then. There has a very bad spot on his under belly, it fairly red.

Does anyone know what might stop him doing it until friday. My dad said sudocreme might do the trick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

You need to take him to the vet, it's only Monday?! Do you expect the poor thing to scratch himself until he bleeds for 4 more days?

Don't put anything on the sore ... get a family member or neighbour to take him to the vets if possible.

EDIT: A lot of vets do evening hours if that makes things easier for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Bring the poor thing to a vet asap, not Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Bring him to the Vet Tomorrow.:)
    lt is not fair to him to make him wait any longer for treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

It could be anything from ringworm to mites, no amount of sudocrem or any other kind of topical treatment will do any good. If its ringworm you need to be treated too:eek: That is why you need to bring him to the vets asap.

Advertisement