Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear Router signal keeps dropping

Options
  • 22-09-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

I have a wirless network with a Netgear Wireless router WGR613VAL, Im not sure if its my internet connection or the router settings itself but 6-7 times a day the connection goes down and the routers flashes orange. Eventually it all goes green again. Im just wondering if there is anything I could do on my router to rule a router issue out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Hey Dellas,
    It sounds like your connection is dropping. There's one way to test it. When the connection goes, try logging into the router and see if you can access it. If it's a case where the router can't be accessed it really helps narrow down the problem :P.

To access the router, you'll have to open a browser window, and in the address bar enter 192.168.61.1 (this should be the IP address of your router). If the router is responding properly you'll get a login box asking for the login and password. The default login and password for your router are admin and password.

If you get that far your router should be ok. On the left hand side of the page, there's a menu. Click "router status" and this should tell you if your dsl line is up or down, what the attenuation rates are. If you can, post up the dsl line details may be able to tell you if your line looks funny (connection wise).

Sure give that a go and let us know how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Dellas wrote: »
    I have a wirless network with a Netgear Wireless router WGR613VAL, Im not sure if its my internet connection or the router settings itself but 6-7 times a day the connection goes down and the routers flashes orange. Eventually it all goes green again. Im just wondering if there is anything I could do on my router to rule a router issue out?

Do all the LED's turn off like its resetting? if this is happening you have a dodgy software image on the router.. fixed by a firmware upgrade.

If its just the WAN/DSL LED and all the rest stay on then its a internet issue as bob_bot said

Advertisement