Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for small greenhouse

Options
  • 22-09-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

can anyone advise me on where i could get a small perspex greenhouse? dimensions could be approximately 6ft long, 4ft high and 3ft wide.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

PGL wrote: »
    can anyone advise me on where i could get a small perspex greenhouse? dimensions could be approximately 6ft long, 4ft high and 3ft wide.
    cheers

Sorry I don't. But please have a look at your dimensions again, 4 foot high does not sound right, for a greenhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

the dimensions are correct! i am looking for some form of shelter for a clothes horse so that i can dry clothes outside - a small greenhouse (if available) would be the solution i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

PGL wrote: »
    the dimensions are correct! i am looking for some form of shelter for a clothes horse so that i can dry clothes outside - a small greenhouse (if available) would be the solution i think.

IMHO 4ft high is not at all practical for this.
    How tall are you ?, have you considered the fact that you will need to walk into this greenhouse to put the clothes on the horse.
    Unless you are vertically challenged, I cannot imagine anyone going down on their knees to get into a greenhouse to put clothes on a clothes horse. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

i don't need to get into it - i just need to slide the clothes horse in and out of it!

can anyone tell me what is the smallest greenhouse type structure that is available to buy? or alternatively is there anywhere I could go to get one custom made?

cheers
    dh0661 wrote: »
    IMHO 4ft high is not at all practical for this.
    How tall are you ?, have you considered the fact that you will need to walk into this greenhouse to put the clothes on the horse.
    Unless you are vertically challenged, I cannot imagine anyone going down on their knees to get into a greenhouse to put clothes on a clothes horse. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kelcor

Hi PGL,
    Just wondering if you had any luck getting the greenhouse for the clothes horse or what you did in the end? Such a good idea, i was thinking of doing the same rather than buying a dryer...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

a washing line would be much cheaper. If its raining you could buy another house to put your clothes horse in if the one you live in is too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

OP you are not going to get a greenhouse that size as it would not be practical as a greenhouse. Also completely enclosed would not dry the clothes, you need a through draught as well as shelter. If it was partially open it would blow apart.The link to donedeal is a good idea but too complicated and expensive.

You will also find it very difficult to move a loaded airer without stuff falling or blowing off, or the whole thing collapsing as you carry it.

You need a frame - possibly curved, but rectangular flat sections would be ok, cover with corrugated perspex and leave the ends open. It should not blow apart if both the ends are open. If it was made with a lifting lid you could have lines going across and peg clothes to them. You would need a fastener on the lid to keep it closed. I think it is a good idea, I am just plotting one to put as a 'lean to' against a sunny wall...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Cloths wouldn't dry with the humidity as looksee mentioned. How about a gazebo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

bbam wrote: »

Was that product on Dragons Den, or something like it? I think the dragons dismissed it totally.

Why am I even posting on a thread that was started 4 years ago !!!!!!

Off to the garden with me before it rains again tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 healyon

Ive just seen these on buyandsell.ie Erin greenhouses
    ERIN Greenhouse made from galvanised steel and 800g Horticultural film
    not sure if thats heavier or lighter than perspex

http://www.buyandsell.ie/garden/gardens-general/meath/erin-greenhouse-strong-robust-with-no-glass

http://www.cwp.ie/stg/public/download.php?site=site1491&file=web_erin_greenhouse_wo_prices.pdf

Advertisement