Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubbing Section MIA?

Options
  • 22-09-2008 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭

The clubbing section seems to have disappeared as a sub forum of Dance/Electronic and re-surfaced as the 'Pubs and Clubs' forum.

I was unaware of any plans to do this and would ask for the forum to be moved back under Dance/Electronic or otherwise a seperate 'Club listings' forum created as a sub forum of Dance/Electronic.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

+1

The "Clubbing" forum is used for discussion of actual nighclubs, dj's, festivals etc. Mixing with 'pubs and clubs' will mess it up intirely imo

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hmm, was under the impression this had the support of the music mods (forums forum).

Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

CuLT wrote: »
    Hmm, was under the impression this had the support of the music mods (forums forum).

Never mind.

I must have missed any thread regarding a possible change. Thanks for returning our lost pup though CuLT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I've just read the thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055317887) in the Forums Approved and Rejected forum.

I think the OP in that thread has a good idea actually. I can see how a pub and clubs forum would work. However the Clubbing forum at the moment serves a good purpose in allowing an outlet on boards.ie for Dance music promoters to promote their events without clogging up the Dance/Electronic forum or the Gigs\Events forum

Perhaps a solution would be

- Create the Pubs and Clubs forum (under Rec?)
    - Rename the current 'Clubbing' forum to 'Dance&Electronic Events'

This would allow for discussion of Pubs&clubs and still keep the promotion of Dance music nights under the Dance&Electronic section.

Thoughts?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

+1 - Good idea Kev!

• Advertisement
Advertisement