Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

USB to TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Dont have any experience of that, but maplin have a funky device I am hoping to buy tomorrow, it is a housing for a regular harddrive, but comes with a tv remote control, so you hook it up to your tv, and you can select what program you want to watch etc. It costs about the same as that one. Maybe a little less.

It might be worth checking out. When I get it ill post a review up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

syklops wrote: »
    Dont have any experience of that, but maplin have a funky device I am hoping to buy tomorrow, it is a housing for a regular harddrive, but comes with a tv remote control, so you hook it up to your tv, and you can select what program you want to watch etc. It costs about the same as that one. Maybe a little less.

It might be worth checking out. When I get it ill post a review up here.

a mate of mine has one,(bought it in maplin too),,its a great little thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I have this at the moment and it's a great device:
    http://svp.co.uk/product/freecom_network_mediaplayer_350_wlan_hw128

Just plug a regular hard-drive into it.

I hope to upgrade to a HD model in the next year. The following looks pretty class:
    http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/index.php?module=onlinestore&pluginoption=catalog&task=info&item_id=6&main_id=0&category_id=

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dbraiden

Have a bit of a google for something called "Popcorn Hour". Its a media device that can play all of your movies but allso has Torrent capabilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cr1272

Iomega have a USB HardDrive that also has a SCART connection, to plug straight into your TV and watch downloaded programs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pau8lieskins

cr1272 wrote: »
    Iomega have a USB HardDrive that also has a SCART connection, to plug straight into your TV and watch downloaded programs.

Seen that on a few websites I'm very tempted to buy one next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Have a look here:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.310

Plenty of options.

Advertisement