Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭Heroditas

subway wrote: »
    it looks very much like a low end office in the commuter belt instead of the high end office of a multi millionaire

Well they're using Cullen's offices in Swords aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i dont know, is that where his offices are? looks fairly shoddy anyway.
    i thought they would had a high rise in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

Mark to win

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

i dont know, is that where his offices are? looks fairly shoddy anyway.
    i thought they would had a high rise in the city centre.

It a pretty nice complex in swords called Europa Academy, the outside isn't all that attractive but the inside is fairly plush IMO.

http://www.europaacademy.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Im just commenting on what was shown on the tv program.
    sorry if i offended you in any way.

• Advertisement

Im just commenting on what was shown on the tv program.
    sorry if i offended you in any way.

No, your right it looks shoddy on the show, but its actually quite impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

hot fuss wrote: »
    They bought the rights to use the format so it is exactly the same as the US and BBC versions right down to the aerial shots of Dublin, the music etc.. They have to stick to the format as part of the contract.

In the American versions there has been differances, The winning project manager was immune from being fired the next week.

A losing project manager was nearly always sacked! but the budget's they were getting was nearly into hundreds of thousands as these were huge US companies paying for the airtime for there product to be promoted, car companies, Burger Kings, retail stores etc...

It's nothing like the US intro, the US intro is sexy :)

Also the American's have plenty of money to spend this is a huge show over there, of course they are going to get big money for product placement.

Also it looks like Cullen pay himself with the product placement of the Renault cars used in the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Another good episode I thought.
    It was clear from the editting that the two major errors were the children dancers (they showed the PM okaying it) on the girls team and the adidas signage on the boys team. They including stuart doing his solo run after being told he wasn't authorised also, to show that Ronan should have brought him into the board room.
    The guy that was fired was pretty useless, but I think he had more reason to fire Ronan last night.
    The city still looks great - the aerial shots with the saturated greens and blues are fab. Cullen isn't bad as the tough guy - though I really cringed when he said he was looking for profit in the first episode and then added that he didn't mean "Moses or John the Baptist"..:eek:
    Looking forward to mixing up the groups next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I realised I missed last night's episode of this - is it repeated?

However, when I realised that I missed it, when I got up this morning, I found myself thinking that I didn't actually care.

It might be just me, but the contestants seem very bland. I've only seen the first episode, so maybe the second one improves things in this regard.

But there's no one I'm really rooting for. There's no Raef, no Simon, no Lucinda - from the last BBC series.

My actual thought this morning was a bit more unkind than that - it was if they all got killed in a freak juggernaut accident while carrying out one of the tasks on the streets of Dublin, I wouldn't give a ****. But I think that's probably a bit harsh.

Perhaps it's just me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

I think there is a repeat on Friday night, but I'm not 100% sure. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They are dull as dishwater and seemingly completely inept. They'll have trouble getting jobs if prospective employers have seen The Apprentice. Although judging by the poor ratings it has had the past 2 weeks, I doubt that will be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

eth0_ wrote: »
    They are dull as dishwater and seemingly completely inept. They'll have trouble getting jobs if prospective employers have seen The Apprentice. Although judging by the poor ratings it has had the past 2 weeks, I doubt that will be a problem.

Have the ratings been released? Larry Bass was on The Last Word the other week and said they had "superb" ratings for the first show. Then again, what else is he going to say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Ckal wrote: »
    I think there is a repeat on Friday night, but I'm not 100% sure. ;)

There's a repeat at 10pm on Friday nights.

Oh and i think it's on Channel 6 aswell on Sunday at 7pm.

iseegirls wrote: »
    There's a repeat at 10pm on Friday nights.

Oh and i think it's on Channel 6 aswell on Sunday at 7pm.

Flog a dead horse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sizzler wrote: »
    Have the ratings been released? Larry Bass was on The Last Word the other week and said they had "superb" ratings for the first show. Then again, what else is he going to say :pac:

Don't remember the figures but well under 1/2 of what it was up against on RTE.

Who do you think you are? Est 400,000
    Raw 221,000
    The Apprentice 216,000

There are a few things to note about the apprentice: -

1. It's been done before both in the US and UK and many Irish viewers are fans of those versions.
    2. It's actually a very simple show
    3. It is on TV3, and TV3 aren't known for TV production (good or bad)
    4. It was bound to average 250,000 they shouldn't expect anymore. 250,000 is good.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/rtersquos-steamy-restaurant-drama-pours-cold-water-on-tv3s-apprentice-ratings-1486794.html

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I think it's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

subway wrote: »
    plus, the bbc version is an hour, TV3 version is more like 40 minutes

NOW it's obvious why it seems as if the characters stand out less and most of whom I don't even know their names...Struck me as wierd why there seemed to be coverage of everything in the Irish version but yet I didn't learn who people were and there didn't seem to be much action.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Missed Mondays night episode,,,does anyone know if it gets repeated? Cheers

• Advertisement

Missed Mondays night episode,,,does anyone know if it gets repeated? Cheers

Does no one read any of the other posts?

Monday Night 9:00 (TV3)
    Friday Night 10:00 (TV3)
    Sunday Night 7:00 (Channel 6)
    or online http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=theapprentice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

Heroditas wrote: »
    Well they're using Cullen's offices in Swords aren't they?

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that they're actually using that office rental place on Leeson St beside d canal (can't think of the name)

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that they're actually using that office rental place on Leeson St beside d canal (can't think of the name)

No it is his place in swords unless they are cutting to his place in swords and renting out studio space for the firing.

Doesn't make much sense, it would have been better to film the IFSC and pretend that the firing takes place there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Elmo wrote: »
    Who do you think you are? Est 400,000
    Raw 221,000
    The Apprentice 216,000

There are a few things to note about the apprentice: -

1. It's been done before both in the US and UK and many Irish viewers are fans of those versions.
    2. It's actually a very simple show
    3. It is on TV3, and TV3 aren't known for TV production (good or bad)
    4. It was bound to average 250,000 they shouldn't expect anymore. 250,000 is good.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/rtersquos-steamy-restaurant-drama-pours-cold-water-on-tv3s-apprentice-ratings-1486794.html

Interesting numbers! When an unknown show with a few "steamy" scenes beats the apprentice in ratings the penny should have dropped that they made a balls of it.

Interesting numbers! When an unknown show with a few "steamy" scenes beats the apprentice in ratings the penny should have dropped that they made a balls of it.

I know Dana and her bigmist family...... :eek:

I don't think they did actually make a balls of it really.

I just think its a very average show and they expected too much from it, I think they where hoping for the 400,000 but 200,000 viewers is very good, I mean TV3 rarely get this on a Monday Night.

It's an average show up againist the News and another average show, in the end it is about choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I bet anyone a packet of Skittles... that Mark Wins, Not because He is any good, But because when the show is over it will emerge that Marks Da, bought his first renault 5 van from a young man called Bill Cullen and for the last 20 years he has been buying all the company wagons from him.. There is no other reason that he could survive two trips to the boards room..

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

LoanShark wrote: »
    I bet anyone a packet of Skittles... that Mark Wins, Not because He is any good, But because when the show is over it will emerge that Marks Da, bought his first renault 5 van from a young man called Bill Cullen and for the last 20 years he has been buying all the company wagons from him.. There is no other reason that he could survive two trips to the boards room..

You skeptic. The reason he survived was because:

1) there was an enormous flaming steamer who couldn't even count to ten without his mammy who got fired the first week

2) he shouldn't even have been taken in the second week.

Cot damnit

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I reckon all of the people in it are fairly unlikeable. I lasted to 45 minutes in of the first show and no longer. I wouldnt like to work with any o' them and I fer dang sure won't be watching it again. It's actually so badly done it makes you realise how bad the US/ UK versions are. Way to go TV3, and may your tv shows continue to be of such a quality that it is preferable to reread local newspapers from 4 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

I reckon all of the people in it are fairly unlikeable...... I wouldnt like to work with any o' them and I fer dang sure won't be watching it again. It's actually so badly done it makes you realise how bad the US/ UK versions are.

In fairness, I don't think they try to have likeable people on it that you would want to work with.
    I've seen several seasons of the UK and US versions and there are a handful or candidates that I'd employ amongst them.
    I think that most talented, serious and ambitious business people wouldn't dream of going on a show like this.
    The people that do go on it are either
    • talentless, serious and ambitious business people (otherwise known as "the deluded")
    • people who want to be on the guestlist with d-list celebs at a couple of premieres or product launches for a few months
    • people who want a career in the media.
    Either way, it makes for good entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I dunno. I didn't catch anything of worth or of entertainment value in it. But sher I might throw on the 3rd episode next week at some stage and see if it has any merit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement