Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i dont get it, they are just wearing supermacs uniforms and handing out flyers.
    hardly the best way for bill to detect someone with great potential.

and they just got laughed at by some metro distributors :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭Heroditas

"It's not something that's particularly suited to my skillset" - Ronan on the difficulty in getting people into Supermacs. :rolleyes:

stink bombs! only on the irish apprentice.
    this is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

What is the task?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

The Galway team have it in the bag!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Just watching this for the first time...is this what TV has become?

deadwood wrote: »
    What is the task?

apparently they have to make a profit for their supermacs store.
    i dont understand it either.
    supermacs is an established business, all they would have to do is go the pub and the store should make money on its own.

deadwood wrote: »
    What is the task?

To bring in extra money for Supermacs.

robo wrote: »
    To bring in extra money for Supermacs.
    i didnt hear the part about extra money, sounds like an odd thing to measure.
    how do they know how much money the shop would have made anyway?

i know theyll forecast it, but when the decions will be down to about 2 euro (which we all know it will -for suspense) it seems a but unfair

subway wrote: »
    apparently they have to make a profit for their supermacs store.
    i dont understand it either.
    supermacs is an established business, all they would have to do is go the pub and the store should make money on its own.
    One of the tasks for the US one was to think of an inovative sub for Quiznos I think and then the winning team was the team who sold the most of their sub. They had to come up with the idea and price it, so it opened up different possibilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I despair!

And who the feck is Joe Canning and why would he want to be involved with a commercial business? Fair enough if it was for charridee but Supermacs?? FFS!

One of the tasks for the US one was to think of an inovative sub for Quiznos I think and then the winning team was the team who sold the most of their sub. They had to come up with the idea and price it, so it opened up different possibilities.
    thats a good task, involve everything from marketing, advertising, design, sales etc etc.
    never mind coming up with a new burger, these guys had 1 day and cant adjust prices.
    they have a store manager telling them what to do FFS ;)

all this is, is an excerise in handing out leaflets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I despair!

And who the feck is Joe Canning and why would he want to be involved with a commercial business? Fair enough if it was for charridee but Supermacs?? FFS!

Heh. I did like that the mayor showed up!

Oh look Bill is looking after his favourite little bunny :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

surely a mistake not having an ethnic minority or non national as a contestant - even if just to show up the mediocrity of the Irish on it??

Supermacs sponsor Galway hurling so I guess as a Galway hurler he might be obliged to show his face to "keep the sponsor happy"

somebody forgot to pay the internet bill :)

apprenticeeg4.th.jpgthpix.gif

surely a mistake not having an ethnic minority or non national as a contestant - even if just to show up the mediocrity of the Irish on it??

The butch blonde is a Kiwi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

They were managing both branches! USA&Poland, I think?

I think that Avril will bring your man who had the deal with the GPO and the guy who wore the super bunny costume, cos she won't bring in any of the girls...yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

poor ronan is a gonner

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Heroditas wrote: »
    Supermacs sponsor Galway hurling so I guess as a Galway hurler he might be obliged to show his face to "keep the sponsor happy"
    Ahh that makes sense alright.

I didn't quite catch who sponsored the cocktail reward.....did anybody manage to catch the name??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

what happened with the lads in the GPO why did they think the food was for nothing?

ntlbell wrote: »
    what happened with the lads in the GPO why did they think the food was for nothing?
    nobody knows!
    it wasn't clear what happened at all

ntlbell wrote: »
    I think that Ronan made a deal to give the GPO food, but it was crossed wires, the gang in the GPO thought that the food was free, the team turned up to "sell" the food and the people in the GPO (workers) were not going to pay, as they thought it was free...pity they didn't show it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I despair!

Joe Canning is the biggest young star in hurling. Plays for the Galway hurlers. Supermacs are the main sponsor of the Galway hurling team.

I think that Ronan made a deal to give the GPO food, but it was crossed wires, the gang in the GPO thought that the food was free, the team turned up to "sell" the food and the people in the GPO (workers) were not going to pay, as they thought it was free...pity they didn't show it though!
    he explained it there, he didnt say it was free, but "forgot" to mention they had to pay for it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Editing is really poor in this.

Oh and " air of negativity"!

subway wrote: »
    he explained it there, he didnt say it was free, but "forgot" to mention they had to pay for it :rolleyes:
    "you wouldnt get into the bunny suit!11!!!"

how can anyone be taking this seriously

• Advertisement

The two lads backing each other up. Comical crawling. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement