Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Who goes in to eat in Supermacs at 10 in the morning anyway?

who goes there sober ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Boardsies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Am I the only one who noticed that their window poster in the Galway shop advertised "Galway Rose and Galway Hurler" as special guests? "Galway Hurler"? The guy has a name, a pretty damn famous name now. In fact they should have put a giant neon arrow saying "MEET JOE CANNING!1! and buy some Supermacs" over the shop. It was the brother of a lad I know giving the whole Braveheart speech there. Brilliant stuff. He's a cute hoor keeping his head down so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

very poor episode tonight I found. Not really riveting or entertaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

remember when bill got all tough? Found that hilarious.
    I was bursting my hole laughing at him. Alan Sugar he is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Didn't make any sense to me how Galway team won. It didn't show much of galway and it seemed lifeless there when they did. Dublin was much busier and supermacs are bound to make a trade on O' connell st. I guess the bunny suit scared them off. Galways spent all their money on flyers too wheras Dublin kept it. How much food did they buy:confused: 900euro seems like a lot to lose by

FIX!!:mad:

They had to better the average that the stores make on that particular day. Yeah obviously Dublin will make more more money - but did the team improve the profit by much? And the answer was no. The team in Galway did increase profit - and so they won.

Simple ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Imagine how simple it would have been for one of the Galway crew to phone Galway Bay FM in advance and announce on the airwaves that Canning and the Galway Rose were going to be present and that they were going to be giving out free stuff. The place would have been heaving, instead of relying on a stall similar to kids having a sale of work, they really would have wiped the floor good and proper with the O'Connell St crew who would then all have been fired. Imagine going in to the GPO?? Civil Servants and Guards (Fruit episode) are least likely to be taken in by this sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

The show is not bad but the the seed money they are given 550 for last nights show seems very low. You cant do much with that. Agreed though both teams are pretty poor on ideas and none of them seem like good sales people. The girls are surviving by just keeping their heads down and the lads are dropping like flies. That guy Ronan the "master strategist" could not even get a crowd for a computer game launch in Temple Bar - he was worse than useless.

Most of the men seem like bluffers/spoofers and girls are mostly nutjobs as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Anyone think they have an eye on Season 2 - team leader hasn't been fired yet no matter how big the error. Like last night Bill kept saying that it was the biggest error, etc and then just picks another person. Whereas other versions the buck often stops with the Team Leader.

So it seems that they are trying to encourage people to become team lead - you get a safety net of being able to learn from a mistake...

Also, to echo some thoughts above there was a very nice shot of the door of the Radisson for no reason at all - ok, they are staying there.....Did we need to know that, does it add anything to the programme?! No!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

TV3 messing up a good format of a show
    €50000

Having your business featured on this show
    -€50000

having clips of what a knob you are (and they are all knobs cullen etc included) on youtube for all of your potential employers to see FOREVER.

Priceless

A friend of mine is actually editing the parts of each contestant together to make their very own youtube video for them and any potential employers to look at. They are brilliant. I'll post them when he puts them up after the series is finished.

• Advertisement

Excellent good man! :D

I see they shot that on the 12th of August. I reckon the selection processs was about as rigerous as selecting the contestants from the first 14 emails they received. I don't think they used anything more than that. Compared to the USA/UK it is a very poor effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Penny Apples Cullen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

kmick wrote: »
    The show is not bad but the the seed money they are given 550 for last nights show seems very low.
    Don't you mean "seed capital", thats what the fruit seller calls it :o

Bullshoite bingo at its best!
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    Excellent good man! :D

I see they shot that on the 12th of August. I reckon the selection processs was about as rigerous as selecting the contestants from the first 14 emails they received. I don't think they used anything more than that. Compared to the USA/UK it is a very poor effort.

ROFL ! But they said that the application process was "rigorous" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

"They say a good breakfast is the start to a good day, I'll have a large garlic cheese chips and two Mighty Macs please."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Would you like a drink with that?

LOL -upsell...!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched it now... Definitely a shadow of the UK version.

Jackie is going to love those really close close-ups of her face. Every wrinkle, every crease, every blemish. :)

Be thankful that it is not filmed in High Def. :eek:

Also why did no one think to corner the breakfast market? Were they only allowed to sell during certain hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DEMON 90

if these 14 candidates are the cream of the crop, there is no hope for the future of the country, they couldnt manage to get there way out of a wet paper bag, they are all talk( the usual business sales/moorketing strategy talk)very little action!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

DEMON 90 wrote: »
    if these 14 candidates are the cream of the crop, there is no hope for the future of the country, they couldnt manage to get there way out of a wet paper bag, they are all talk( the usual business sales/moorketing strategy talk)very little action!!
    in all fairness to them , there isnt an awful lot of scope for innovation in the tasks.
    how many ways are there to improve the fortunes of a huge and established fast food chain in 6 hours with 350eu.

the contestants may not be coming off in the best light, but to be completely fair to them, they havent had an apportunity in the past 3 weeks to show anything of their skills and im starting to think its the narrow scope of the challenges, rather than every last one of them being incompetent.

When in a situation like that (short time frames + tighht competition) people are more likely to focus on achieving the goal of the task, than questioning the merit of what they are doing (in terms of the actual task).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

cream of the crop that actually applied.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Cyrus wrote: »
    cream of the crop that actually applied.......

Yeah, I'm going to guess that the actual cream of the crop in this country wouldn't go near the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

There are 2 things that rise to the top. I think the missed the cream but the definitely got the sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭rod flanders

Are the bookies taking bets on this show? My friend says he knows who won.

Not a hope a bookie will take a bet. The whole thing is prerecorded. The amount of camera people, directors, producers etc that already know the result would destroy a bookie if one was that stupid enough to accept a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Are the bookies taking bets on this show? My friend says he knows who won.

Go on then, post it as a spoiler and we can have a look and see if he was right ;)

PP are taking a lot of bets on it, but that aint one of them!

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPECIALS&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=72&ev_type_id=10432&ev_oc_grp_ids=86977&bir_index=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I don't know if this true but someone said that
    cullen jnr and your one that was the project manager in the first task were in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Namesco wrote: »
    I don't know if this true but someone said that
    cullen jnr and your one that was the project manager in the first task were in the final

I said that at some stage on this thread. I take it back as this weeks show was about supermacs and they mixed the guys and the girls up. I thought Supermacs would have been near the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

what do we want? Supermacs. When do we want it? Now.

*Cringe*

The editing is awful, they keep leaving out the most important parts so I'm left watching it wondering if I've missed something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I haven't seen this since the first episode and prob. won't see it again (clashes with college stuff)

By the looks of this thread, I'm not missing much. Is it really that bad, or is it just bad when compared to the (rather brilliant) UK version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I haven't seen this since the first episode and prob. won't see it again (clashes with college stuff)

By the looks of this thread, I'm not missing much. Is it really that bad, or is it just bad when compared to the (rather brilliant) UK version?

I saw the first two episodes but not really interested in it to be honest, it is not a patch on the UK version which I absolutely love.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement