Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The problem is that Bill is not scary enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yeah, I didn't think Bill Cullen would be that scary. Hell, Donald Trump isn't even particularly scary, just very egotistical.

Sir Alan, on the other hand, is terrifying! And hilarious :D:D

If TV3 found someone like Alan Sugar, I would have been very impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Bond-007 wrote: »

He is a lot scarier than I expected him to be. The problem for me is that I have heard him being parodied a lot more than I have heard him being him, so I am slowly getting used to taking him seriously.

Still and all, I'm really enjoying it ... and it turns out that I indirectly know someone who knows 2 of the contestants. Small country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm trying to watch it, but its really not very interesting. The majority of the contestants are bland, the whole thing is just not a patch on the UK one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Jesus what a lot of twaddle...I'll admit I'm not really a fan of the UK one either, but hey, at least Sugar is a bit of a character and the tasks can be of passing interest sometimes...this Irish rehash is awful...it's as much down to the contestants (bland is a great description, and some of them appear quite clueless) as it is Cullen. If this is any indication of what corporate/office type Ireland is like, then I'm glad I never went down that avenue of employment...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

i don't like the show generally but i watch it because you can relate to it being irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

i don't like the show generally but i watch it because you can relate to it being irish.

I'd find it very diffcult to relate to any of the contestants on the show...perhaps the situation or surroundings and settings, but definitely not the people...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

i think the irish one is good enough, i really like the american and english one but i've found witht he last two english ones the contestants are more trying to break into the celebrity world and its really annoying the contestants don't really help each other at all they're just trying to get one over on their teammates..whereas in th irish one now the teams really work as a team and to me it looks like all that are there want to be there for the job and not just to get the most time on telly which is good..only downside is the tasks i think maybe they're a bit weak especially the supermacs task last week..i think is the tasks standard improved this would be quite a good show...

yeah the tasks are completely woeful. I dont like alan sugar and i dont get his appeal so both he and cullen are the same in my eyes.

just looking at the tasks from the uk version first series some of them were horrible.

• Advertisement

just looking at the tasks from the uk version first series some of them were horrible.

#can't remember them no must go have a look at what they were

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The UK version was all about selling products allot of the time. The Irish version seems to be far too much about product promotion.

A better mix is needed. I didn't see it on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Bond-007 wrote: »

Gavin Duffy talking about Dragons Den and references Cullen..

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/21-years-on-why-i-have-decided-to-be-a-dragon-1496630.html
    wrote:
    But every time I see the line-up for an Irish reality TV show, I think to myself -- could they not have got better people? When I heard The Apprentice was coming on TV3 I said, "Why couldn't they get Michael O'Leary?" What we are now seeing unfold before our eyes is a Bill Cullen who is going to be even better than Alan Sugar in the role.

Is he for real :eek:

No doubt he's a pal of Cullen's, he can't possibly be serious.

Is he for real

No doubt he's a pal of Cullen's, he can't possibly be serious.

It is his opinion, you don't have to agree with it. I don't have a problem with Cullen he was always going to be different to Sugar. TBH I disagree with Gavin Duffy when he suggest that he hoped for O'Leary. Ryanair: The Apprentice :rolleyes: O'Leary talks ****.

Alan Sugar is as bad as Cullen. Seen him on Johnathon Ross and it was cringeworthy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

In all fairness, compared to the normal shíte made by Irish television, this really isn't half bad.

But all the contestants are idiots, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Alan Sugar is as bad as Cullen. Seen him on Johnathon Ross and it was cringeworthy.

I thought he was brilliant on Ross, even with his spurs connection, really think Sir Alan was excellent on The Apprentice

It really is the accent that does it for me, same with Cullen for two different reasons.

Cullen has the vocabulary of a pig and tends to speak like that Microsoft Sam chap stopping out of nowhere. hes very hard to listen to.

Sugar the same. his accent just grinds at my brain.

in fairness to them i read both parts of their biographies, and their early lifes were interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Don't have too much to add but could people please stop saying it's a carbon copy of the UK show. If anything it is a carbon copy of the US show of which the UK show is a carbon copy. Thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

But all the contestants are idiots, plain and simple.

That's part of the appeal, though. The US/UK versions had some real disastrous contestants. If they were all extremely competent and professional, it would just be dull.

• Advertisement

That's part of the appeal, though. The US/UK versions had some real disastrous contestants. If they were all extremely competent and professional, it would just be dull.
    Agreed. If is the total ineptness of the contestants that keeps me watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DEMON 90

i heard on a radio station that it is common knowledge of who will be the final 2 contestants, has anybody else heard similar,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

Bill Cullen is awful, any respect he once commanded will now be lost, he's a laughing stock. He comes across as being extremely thick, and his accent and use of language is horrendous. I cringe every time he waffles on about needing "wardiors," learn to pronounce the word first Bill eh? You certainly won't find any warriors with that brain dead bunch of losers.

Theres one contestant who is particularly bad. That guy with the awful accent who voice is really hoarse and crackly. It's like someone slapped a suit on some mouthy meathead labourer or something. Bill has had a chance to get rid of this deadbeat 3 times now I think and each time he has chosen to keep him. Say's it all really about Bill and this show.

The tasks are woeful too, always unfair on one of the groups, eg. the girls having less time on the first task, the location of the supermac stores they had to promote- one in galway versus the one in O'Connell street which would have had much more people passing it. It just further highlights the incompetence of Bill Cullen.

It would of been great to have got someone like O'Leary for it, but then anyone like that isn't going to waste their time poncing around on a show like that acting the big man. Same goes for choice of contestants really, anyone with talent doesn't need to whore themselves on national tv, running around dublin selling apples and the like.

i haven't heard anything about the final two contestants and don't want to know either, so hopefully they won't go splashing it in newspaper and the internet..
    but i did read in the news of the world(i know, i know but it was just there) that brian knew bill cullen before the show. apparently he's known him for years brian said he did know him and bill said brian may have known me but i didn't know him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

which ones Brian?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

DEMON 90 wrote: »
    i heard on a radio station that it is common knowledge of who will be the final 2 contestants, has anybody else heard similar,
    Just pre-empting this.

PLEASE USE SPOILERS IF ANYBODY WANTS TO DISCUSS WHO THE LAST TWO ARE!!!!

+1

Anyone who names the last 2 contestants without spoiler tags will face a lengthy ban.

I beleive I mentioned two in one of my previous post but I don't think I am right as I was using last weeks episode as a guide.

I beleive that all local radio stations beleive everything I say on boards, boards after all is their main source of research.

Shmuck wrote: »
    which ones Brian?

sorry put the wrong name meant mark.. don't think there's even a brian in teh show my bad:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did they proofread their posters?????? Ha ha fixing it with markers and paper stuck on the poster. Classy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement