Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Orla is SERIOUSLY HOT!! So there is no way the producers would allow her to go. Most of the lads just watch this show to look at her

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

The two finalists will be:

1)
    HAHA gotcha!
    2)
    haha gotcha again :D

I though tonights episode was the best so far. Seriously lol'd when they were presenting their pitches. The bridal shop owner did really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

dedon wrote: »
    Oral is SERIOUSLY HOT!! So there is no way the producers would allow her to go. Most of the lads just watch this show to look at her

Deliberate typo?

Her eyebrows are shocking, looks startled all teh time. Dog rough imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

dedon wrote: »
    Oral is SERIOUSLY HOT!! So there is no way the producers would allow her to go. Most of the lads just watch this show to look at her

Is that meant to be Orla? Freudian slip perchance :p

Dammit Huggles!

Is that meant to be Orla? Freudian slip perchance :p

Dammit Huggles!

Yes meant to be Orla. Haha maybe I was thinking something else :o

• Advertisement

Enii wrote: »
    That crazy one Joanne freaks me out with her smiley I will hypnotise you eyes........

She is scary man!! TO be honest I dislike her terribly she is just a bossy person

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

I actually could not believe it when there were simple spelling errors on the prints. It only got a brief mention in the board room. Absolutely crazy, whoever was responsible for that should have been automatically fired!

Also, i'm sick of seeing snap printing in every fúcking episode!

And yes, Bill Cullen is a complete moron.

+1, Now if I remember correctly, on last weeks episode (the supermacs thingy) there was a spelling error on the TV3 production script for one of the contestants, I think it was the word "Developement manager" which should have read; "Development manager"!! anyone notice that? ..So Bill Cullen you should be fckuking FIRED!!!!! cos I know he vets every episode before it is aired, but judging by his diction on the show.......!!!!???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

eh... there are 2 Orlas

Orla McAdam - The blond one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

This show is missing a token Asian or Muslim person.

• Advertisement

This show is missing a token Asian or Muslim person.
    There's really no need due to the high volume of fake tan.

Not to mention the fake accent on the girls!! All putting on this South Dublin twang. Its hilarious when their real accents come out from time to time. Esp in the board room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Bloody hell. If I was a potential client and someone spoke to me the way Joanne did during a pitch, I'd ask them nicely to grab their sh1t and leave.

Also, do Snap (or WeeklySnap perhaps?) not have some kind of QA process? Should they not point out errors to their clients?

I had a teacher once who was quite similar to Bill in the fact that she could be staring straight at someone talking in class and swivel around and punish a totally innocent person (not that Avril was totally innocent). That teacher acted like that because she was frikkin' mental:rolleyes:. What's Bill's excuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Great show tonight.

Shame Bill fired the wrong person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This was my first time seeing since the first episode. Based solely on what I saw tonight, I cannot Bill fired Avril! Dreadful decision. If I was him, I would have fired the other two. Both of them deserved to go: Orla was a terrible project manager (because she didn't actually manage) and Joanna - well she's just extremely irritating. I could never ever work with someone like that.
    The worst thing about The Apprentice (imo) is when people are fired when they don't deserve it. Alan Sugar is guilty of that a lot of the time.

I might not be able to watch it next week, but I'd like to see Nicky's reaction. She gave Avril a pat on the shoulder before she left - you could tell she felt sorry for her and wanted one of the other two gone.

On the other team, Brenda is very good. And I found out that she sold my sister her wedding dress! :) So if she wins, our family has a (tiny) claim to fame! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thought last night's show was top notch, really entertaining. It seems to have found it’s feet and I think that may be down to the fact that we’re getting to know the contestants that bit more. The same has always happened in the English and US versions, the first episodes are always nothing events.

I think it was kinda irrelevant who got fired last night because it was enjoyable to watch and the one who got the boot didn’t do herself any favours by constantly moaning that she had nothing to do during the task and that the bit that she did do she wanted to make sure it was included so that she could “cover her árse” Having said that, the team leader was useless and showed absolutely no leadership skills and was just bullied by Joanna (good to see that the show has already established the resident psycho!)

Thought Jonnhy Scrapyard’s pitch was hilarious, “DO YOOOU want the best for your company? DO YOOOU want………” :D
    Plus someone really needs to show him how to put on a tie.

The losing team’s pitches were just awful and the guy from the jewelers was actually embarrassed during it. :o

Hopefully next week’s show can be just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

God, Bill Cullen is a plank. Can't believe he fired Avril over Brainless Bimbo and Loudmouth Larry...Orla was a USELESS project manager, as mentioned, no time management skills whatsoever. She didn't seem to have a voice either, it was Joanna who did most of the talking all the time (what's new, I suppose...), but her giving the presentation was the most cringeworthy thing I've seen in a LONG time...as someone else already mentioned on here, I've given presentations 100 times better than that in college! And to be so rude to the fella who was asking her a question during it....ugh, I dislike her even more than I already did.

I thought Brenda was an excellent project manager, who were the idiots responsible for putting Personal Loan on the card? As Brenda predicted, the companies were asking why it was there, and she had to save the day by explaining the reasons even though she has rightly opposed it in the first place.

Orla Power is starting to slightly annoy me as well....she's getting to be a bit of a Joanna (not as bad yet, but keep an eye!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Looks like Bill's OAP reactions are a bit slow. He should have fired Avril last week after the Supermacs debacle she project managed. Hopefully that Psycho Cow Joanna will walk next week. This stupid smile at the wrong time really bugs me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Bill is really awful at firing people. He fired the wrong person! :(

Joanna's psycho-bitch smile is unbelievably scary. And this is the honest truth: I had to leave the room when Joanna was pitching. It was every type of motor/airplane crash rolled in to a few minutes. IT WAS DIRE. I couldn't listen or watch.

Orla's "Hhahahahahaahahhahaha, People think I'm ditzy because I'm blond but I'm quite intelligent" comment that she threw in when she became project manager was CRINGE. That Blond joke doesn't apply to people WHO AREN'T NATURALLY BLOND. Dye your eyebrows blond love, then it may be convincing.

Boardroom = joke. Is Bill Cullen really that blind? His reasons for keeping people are pure bulls**t. He kept Joanna because she was good two weeks ago. This isn't about what she was like last week or last month, Bill. SHE WAS S**T AT THIS TASK - FIRE HER. What's the point of setting these tasks if he doesn't do it properly? Firing Avril was stupid. I don't think she has got what it takes to become Bill's Apprentice, but Orla and Joanna weren't even in the same league as Avril.

Bill, how were you successful? Seriously. No joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

God the contestants are unbelievably thick... I'm sorry but wearing a suit and talking out loud does not make you competent!

What was with the spelling mistakes on the advertisement?
    And the staff incentive scheme?! The lottery?!!
    The presentations?!!!

Good show though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Loved last night's ep but totally agree with everyone that Avril shouldnt' have been fired. Orla was bloody useless! I can see why he kept Joanna on, simply because she's so dominant in the group and so frickin' irritating! Orla has to go soon though.. "people think i'm a ditzy blonde".. cos you are love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Have only started watching the show over the last 2 weeks and I have to admit its really good.
    Some of the contestants are complete muppets though. The psycho girl that should have got the boot for one, the bimbo who is useless and Avril, THE sulker. Kinda glad she went. Sure shes from Cork so it was somebody elses fault.
    The eejit with confused look on his face that cant wear a tie properly and the other bloke with his "we sent it at 5 past 4" dont have a chance.

Hey Jackie Lavin, give it up love.

Ckal wrote: »
    Orla's "Hhahahahahaahahhahaha, People think I'm ditzy because I'm blond but I'm quite intelligent" comment that she threw in when she became project manager was CRINGE. That Blond joke doesn't apply to people WHO AREN'T NATURALLY BLOND. Dye your eyebrows blond love, then it may be convincing.
    Of course it does, I'd even say more so. But I did think it was funny when she started her little speech, you just knew that she was setting herself up for a fall and she didn't disappoint. You could also see the cogs working trying her best not to say, "Just because I'm blonde (and pretty)"

Did anyone notice that the blonde one is using way too much makeup? If it doesn't work out she could always get a job as a oompa lumpa. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Joanna had to be kept for entertainment value. I'd say Avril was glad to get the hell out of there. Orla's some sucker for thinking Joanna's her friend!

Joanna is a typical marketing type, she even believes her own bull sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that the blonde one is using way too much makeup? If it doesn't work out she could always get a job as a oompa lumpa. ;)

she is a natural ginger kids

you heard it here first ;)

joanna is a retard she made an unmerciful mess of the presentations, she is so cringe inducing i got face cramp watching her

get rid now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

funny when bill said he'd break someone if they went against something he said.

Something i didn't like was Bill going on at Avril about making her own chances, where as had she challenged the team leader about doing something he would accuse her of insubordination.

What a prick.

• Advertisement

Something i didn't like was Bill going on at Avril about making her own chances, where as had she challenged the team leader about doing something he would accuse her of insubordination.

What a prick.
    Yeah but I think that's the case in all the Apprentice shows. It seems sometimes you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

It was like that thing last night about having "Personal Loan" printed on the card. It doesn't make sense to have it on the card but the first line of the task brief clearly stated that the card was a "Personal Loan Card", something a number of the contestants alluded to. But I just got the impression that if they didn't put it on the card he would've went on about what was in the brief, and likewise, if it wasn't on the card he would've slated them for not using common sense. Add a deadline into the equation along with a few planks and I'd say it's a tough call to get right in certain circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement