Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    nice blonde hair but a brillo pad face :P
    That's why her head will be buried in the pillow while you plough her from behind.

Can't believe she's only 24, looks well over 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

dedon wrote: »
    Oral deserved to go but my god did we lose some serious eye candy there. I suspect have the lads in Ireland wont be watching anymore

Eh? You for real? She's a closet ginger minger, check out the eyebrows.
    And, I focking hate how she speaks.

Good riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Lazare wrote: »
    Eh? You for real? She's a closet ginger minger, check out the eyebrows.
    And, I focking hate how she speaks.

Good riddance.

What? are you for real? They way she speaks is well sexy! Unreal body as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I think she's gorgeous, dresses impeccably too. Bill should offer her a secretary role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

podge018 wrote: »
    I think she's gorgeous, dresses impeccably too. Bill should offer her a secretary role.

he has a secretary who only has to say..Bill will see you now. Notice, her PC is never switched on !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

dedon wrote: »
    What? are you for real? They way she speaks is well sexy! Unreal body as well

We'll have to disagree, I'm a brunettes man anyway. Honestly though, how can you like the way she talks? She has this horrible monotone voice, and the way she spits words, ugggh. So annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Lazare wrote: »
    We'll have to disagree, I'm a brunettes man anyway. Honestly though, how can you like the way she talks? She has this horrible monotone voice, and the way she spits words, ugggh. So annoying.

she is trying to disguise her Knacker Dundalk accent !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The two dopey lads are great, yer man Stuart is great in a really annoying way, he really believes he knows what he's doing but the scrapyard guy is just brilliant full stop. You couldn't write a comedy character like that. Asking absolutely ridiculous questions and then the clip of next weeks show of him yawning when Bill was giving his, "Ahh when I first started selling cars it was just fields around here, fields full of apple trees mind....." was pure genius.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If anyone's interested, there's a show on UTV at 11:40 called 'Natural Born Sellers', it's a bit like the Apprentice in that they have a load of sales people selling different things each week and they basically have to out do one another.

It's usually on mid week at 9pm but i guess it's not doing so well with the ratings, but i personally think it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Yeah, production wise this is a big step up from the rest of the shíte on Irish television. It's definitely on par with the US and UK version, apart from the gimps being filmed.

Yeah I was surprised about the level of production on the show! But seriously, could they have picked a group of thicker people. Like the guy tonight got the name of the product he was selling wrong....several times AND WAS NOT FIRED????!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Diceicle wrote: »
    Bill constantly interupting people when they're talking is getting on my nerves a bit otherwise its a decent copy of the American and UK shows. Kudos to TV3. And Joanna is a head-melter.

YES! It's really annoying. He asks a question and doesn't let them answer it. WTF?! :mad:

I'm glad Orla is gone. Waste of space. And hell, what's the deal with calling her hot? :eek:

What the hell was up with Bill saying that pronouncing the 'nay-um' wrong was such a travesty? I don't understand what the hell Bill says most of the time! People pronounce things differently, whatevs.

And I'm sick of Bill wanting 'fy-urs' and 'warriars'. Is he taking the piss? Has it been April 1st for the past month? :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

When is this repeated? missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

TV3: Friday, 23:45

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I must say what really got on my tits was when Bill was talking to ya man from flynn's and he go's sure "did they stick too much to the Brief sure when did we ever stick to the "Brief,

If they Didn't stick to the Brief they would have been bloody murdered on the english show (and rightly show) thats not a very good example for people starting out in marketing.

Oarla's voice went through my head I must say, Its very hard to pick a winner out of them (and not in a good way). My guess is the Bridal shop owner.

ziedth wrote: »
    I must say what really got on my tits was when Bill was talking to ya man from flynn's and he go's sure "did they stick too much to the Brief sure when did we ever stick to the "Brief,

If they Didn't stick to the Brief they would have been bloody murdered on the english show (and rightly show) thats not a very good example for people starting out in marketing.
    It seems to be the team of this series. They are told to keep to the brief and to give the client what they need, but if they do that they are then told that they should be doing something different. It's a bit silly really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Femmy wrote: »
    When is this repeated? missed it.

You can watch it online at TV3.ie.

You'll notice it's in a small little window - hard to see.

This is how you fix that:

1. Create a document called apprectice.html and save it to your desktop.
    2. Open the document and type the following at the top:

[PHP]
    <html>
    <body>
    [/PHP]

3. Right click the TV3.ie page (with the video clip for the episode on it) and open the "source" for the page. Locate the line which starts with "<embed". It'll look something like this:

[PHP]
    <embed src="includes/flash/videoplayer_v2.swf"
    quality="high"
    bgcolor="#000000"
    width="452"
    height="256"
    name="videoplayer_v2"
    align="middle"
    allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"
    allowFullScreen="true"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer&quot;
    FlashVars="xmlfile=http://www.tv3.ie/tempfiles/316395.xml"/&gt;
    [/php]

4. Copy the entire embed line to your apprentice.html document.
    5. Change the line "includes/flash/videoplayer_v2.swf" so it looks like "http://www.tv3.ie/includes/flash/videoplayer_v2.swf"
    6. Double the "width" and "height" values, i.e. from 452 to 904, and 256 to 512.
    7. Add the following to the bottom of the document:

[PHP]
    </body>
    </html>
    [/PHP]

8. The document should now look something like this:

[php]
    <html>
    <body>

<embed src="http://www.tv3.ie/includes/flash/videoplayer_v2.swf&quot;
    quality="high"
    bgcolor="#000000"
    width="904"
    height="512"
    name="videoplayer_v2"
    align="middle"
    allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"
    allowFullScreen="true"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer&quot;
    FlashVars="xmlfile=http://www.tv3.ie/tempfiles/316395.xml"/&gt;

</body>
    </html>
    [/php]

9. If you open this document in your browser you will now be able to watch the apprentice in a large window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Couple of points, Orla always looked like a rabbit caught in headlights, then when asked a question she looked like she would burst out crying, I personally don't find her attractive, but one man's meat and all that. Same deal as last week, Bill reactions are a week late. If the PM from last night with his stupid little bit of hair under his lip, ends up in the boardroom next week he's gone, it has happened for 3 episodes running. I think Jackie's pillow talk must be working on Bill. She must tell him that he should have fired so and so, then low and behold he'll fire them the following week.

I used to work for a **** like Bill. Same 'old school' started off in the slums and when I was starting out and explaining the odd balls up I would say "Well I thought it would make sense to do x y or z" and he would say "I'm not paying you to think, I'm paying you to do your job..." Then another week I'd be in and some oversight would have occurred and I'd say "I didn't think that it would matter..." and bollicky would say "You didn't think? What am I paying you for" So you see he was a graduate of the same school Bill is from, they both have PHD's in Hindsight.

I'm enjoying the show though and I think the Bridal Shop owner makes the most sense but I doubt she'll win it as Bill wants a monkey that will suffer his bull ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Paddy will need to brush up on his personal hygiene a bit. We got one camera shot of the inside of his left ear last night and it wasn't pretty. Ugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭calahans

The guy who was the PM tonight was a shambles. He oculdnt remember the name of the product, rambling sentences ... shocking.

The quality of the candidates on the irish version is below the uk version. The other lad with the dark hair is gas. Do they do interviews of these candidates? I have worked in a couple of offices but rarely came across muppets like some of these...

And what about Bill's assistant (the woman) , she was born in 1840 but doesn't look a day over 70. Marvellous

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

madds wrote: »
    Paddy will need to brush up on his personal hygiene a bit. We got one camera shot of the inside of his left ear last night and it wasn't pretty. Ugh.
    Heh... I noticed that too... white and flakey closeup of his ear - not nice.
    calahans wrote: »
    The guy who was the PM tonight was a shambles. He oculdnt remember the name of the product, rambling sentences ... shocking.
    I'm leaning towards the assumption that they had picked the top candidates early on, and are leading them towards the finale (no matter how much they screw up). Firing Orla because she didn't say anything in the presentation (versus the PM who couldn't string 2 sentences together and got the name of the product wrong several times) came across very bad on screen and solidifies my theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

How many weeks in are we and no project manager fired yet?

In the other apprentices (UK, US), unless there is a VERY good reason, the PM carries the can for failure by default. Though in fairness, its Dr Bills job, he can hire who he likes, just a bit curious. No wonder they are all so eager to be PM, its like a free pass to next week so long as you do a bit of shouting/fighting/wurr-dior-ing in the boardroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know the name of the company that Orla works for?

She said it on the Ray Foley show today but I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Why? Are you going to send her a bunch of flowers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

madds wrote: »
    Why? Are you going to send her a bunch of flowers? :D

Don't ask....long story :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

*stalker alert*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It's shocking how bad many of them are at public speaking... surely anyone who wants to get ahead in business should be able to give a short factual presentation without failing so badly!

simu wrote: »
    It's shocking how bad many of them are at public speaking... surely anyone who wants to get ahead in business should be able to give a short factual presentation without failing so badly!
    That's the thing, I was only talking about this earlier. Why on earth would anybody go on a show like the Apprentice if they didn't even have a modicum of ability when it came to public speaking? It's one of the things that you are guaranteed to be doing at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

poor orla, your man was an idiot, he should be gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

simu wrote: »

And... considering so much of the scoring is based on the presentation, two or three of the team members should spend a few hours working on their presentation. No "I'll do it - I'll be fine" - it has to be solid teamwork where everyone does something in the presentation and it is spoken flawlessly.

Morons!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Orla should have been fired last week, and if Avril was on that team last night instead of Orla, then Stuart would have been (deservedly) fired.

Shane and Brenda look like potential winners, with Nicky and Sarah being the dark horses.
    As for the rest, Mark and Joanna are just annoying and need to go as quickly as possible.
    Stuart is dreadful. Paddy is too soft. The other Orla may as well not be there at all, I don't think anyone would notice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement