Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

AARRRGH wrote: »
    And... considering so much of the scoring is based on the presentation, two of three of the team members should spend a few hours working on their presentation. No "I'll do it - I'll be fine" - it has to be solid teamwork where everyone does something in the presentation and it is spoken flawlessly.

Morons!

Its strange how bad the irish contestants are at presenting. The only good one so far was the one last week who did the Blue Square Loan presentation, think its was the bridal shop wan.

Just listened to this..pissed myself...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EJjNk3f5TI&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

They should have smaller teams. In fairness it probably is quite hard to shine in such big teams when you are going to have loud mouthy people taking the project in a direction you don't want, and because theres so little time you just have to get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

bar the bridal shop owner the girls and boys are all very poor. What was the screening process i wonder:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fourfiveone

The hatchet faced one with straight brown hair is the dark horse for sure. She'll have to survive being Team Leader but should be a shoe-in for the final. Bridal shop seemed a bit too complacent this week.
    Worth watching for the mental lad. Big O' Flynn just blanking him when he tried to say 'Did you ever think it wasn't going to happen?' was priceless. Poor fella was probably sitting there not understnding wtf was going on, felt he'd better say something and reckoned his question was better than asking to go to the toilet or finding out the time.
    Looking forward to see him yawning in Bill's mush next week

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

paulieeye wrote: »
    Its strange how bad the irish contestants are at presenting. The only good one so far was the one last week who did the Blue Square Loan presentation, think its was the bridal shop wan.

In fairness Nicky was good this week (may be biased as I know her personally..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

In fairness, it's all so much car crash TV.

I'd watch it if a Magner, J.P. McManus or a Sean Dunne type was the Boss.

But Bill Cullen? Oh Jesus. He's a minnow, and not a very interesting one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Shane, Joanna or Mark will win it!
    They are strong competitors imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I don't understand..... what will the actual job entail? Bill Cullen was bought out (ousted) from the Renault franchise last year. What else did he have besides this..... oh and penny ****ing apples.

Also a few of them should go join toastmasters or do a degree or something. They seriously need to learn how to present.

D-Generate wrote: »
    I don't understand..... what will the actual job entail? Bill Cullen was bought out (ousted) from the Renault franchise last year. What else did he have besides this..... oh and penny ****ing apples.

He might get them a job in the Azoo, looking after the lovely lions and the giraffes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

D-Generate wrote: »

He wasn't bought out apparently, Renault didn't renew the contract with him so they could run things themselves. He had grown the business so much that they now wanted it for themselves as a going concern. 20 million debt into 450 million turnover.
    I remember in the US version they don't actually find out what actual job they get until the final episode so this could also be a big promo for Bill to announce his next venture.
    What else does he have besides? He owns Muckross house hotel and like every other millionaire in Ireland and nice property portfolio.

• Advertisement

McManus and Magner would probably have to spend more time in Ireland for the programme and lose their Tax exile status lol

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

BaRcOe wrote: »
    Shane, Joanna or Mark will win it!
    They are strong competitors imo!

God i hope joanna does not win- she's so annoying, could not work with her. I have yet to hear her say something worthwhile. Thinks she knows it all. Dont like her. Think Brenda Or Shane are quite good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

does anyboby find the fellas facial hair of stew and paddy ridiculous, lest they dont have desinger stubble like sugar daddys in uk
    but i would not employ them ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I referred to Paddy as "the bloke with the triangle under his chin." My OH was scratching his head for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Stuart should have got the road this week, but that Orla deserved to go last week so no great loss. I think Bill is emerging as a real character in all of it, the boardroom exchanges are the best part of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know the name of the company that Orla works for?

She said it on the Ray Foley show today but I missed it

There was an interview with her in a tabloid yesterday, she cant find a bloke apparently. After her showing on the apprentice frankly Im not surprised! She had a really bad collars and cuffs thing going on, anybody else notice :D

Did anybody see the article in the NOTW sunday gone about how the contestants got a "severe" warning from Larry Bass(the producer) because when staying in the house in the first 2 weeks they thought it would be a great idea to gatecrash a wedding in Roganstown where they were staying? Now for the funny part, Larry said "I was very disappointed that I had to speak to a group of such high achievers like children". Are you serious Larry? Ah now come on. Jokes over. If they were "high achievers" they would have carved out careers elsewhere and certainly wouldnt be on your show, the standard of contestants we have seen to date pretty much supports that point of view.

As for this weeks show, I said 2 weeks ago that all Orla seemed to do was lurk in the background and pout and she was caught out. No surprises. That aside the two project managers were AWFUL. Did Bill pick both of them because they both forgot to shave a piece of hair under their lip? Come on lads FFS. How Stuart stayed in is about as farcical as Orla leading the debating team for Trinity law school.

Anybody noticed how Bill's "advisor" Brian just sat in the background for the presentations and looked more like a security guard than a key member of the panel? Useless. Dont think he even had a pen and paper with him. I was astounded to hear him actually speak in the boardroom for 10 seconds!

And Bill, fcuk me, doesnt have a clue god bless him. If the contestants were asked to go and pick a new colour for postboxs in Ireland and they picked yellow he would just turn around and say "sure why didnt yis just stay with the green an tha' " He just makes no sense. He made out both teams werent "daring" enough (granted thats what the customer said) but you can bet your a$$ if a team went off the brief he would have castigated them and say "sure jaysis lads, yis didnt even keep to the aul brief, sure what sort of carry is on tha' ?" Clueless.

Why does he persist in using the term off the hook, pronounced off the "huuuuuuuuk". FFS.

Didnt take long for the aul codger to get Renault in on the act by asking the teams to sell a few of 'em.Not the easiest task!They will probably be all asked to sell botox to young ones in the Dundrum centre before the show is over :rolleyes:

Sizzler wrote: »
    They will probably be all asked to sell botox to young ones in the Dundrum centre before the show is over :rolleyes:

Don't think that should prove too difficult in that location ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

Sizzler wrote: »
    Did anybody see the article in the NOTW sunday gone about how the contestants got a "severe" warning from Larry Bass(the producer) because when staying in the house in the first 2 weeks they thought it would be a great idea to gatecrash a wedding in Roganstown where they were staying? Now for the funny part, Larry said "I was very disappointed that I had to speak to a group of such high achievers like children". Are you serious Larry? Ah now come on. Jokes over. If they were "high achievers" they would have carved out careers elsewhere and certainly wouldnt be on your show, the standard of contestants we have seen to date pretty much supports that point of view.

They're pretty shocking for high achievers alright, blue peter with their sticky back plastric springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Are they really high achievers?? Most of them only have a Cert or a diploma. Not even a degree! And on top of that most of them are only in business for a few years. Hardly high achievers now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Where do they get off using titles like "Head of Marketing" or "Senior Sales Exec"? Surely if those were true why are they on this wreck of a show?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CyrildoSquirrel

I remember Tre Azam from 2007's UK Apprentice purported himself to be the MD of a company. At the interviewing stage it was revealed that it was a family business that he was "running" from his apartment.

the MD of a company

it was MD of a Mulitnational Company at that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gutta

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Surely if those were true why are they on this wreck of a show?

It's a reflection of Ireland at large - for the last 15 years or so we've got so full of our own self importance and been giving ourselves grand titles and all that, basically we've gone soft and flabby and have forgotten how to compete. All the titles in the world won't stop this ship sinking, we're fecked.

So I think the titles are fine, they suit the eejits on the show, which I'm enjoying in a train-wreck-kinda-way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DEMON 90

gutta wrote: »
    It's a reflection of Ireland at large - for the last 15 years or so we've got so full of our own self importance and been giving ourselves grand titles and all that, basically we've gone soft and flabby and have forgotten how to compete. All the titles in the world won't stop this ship sinking, we're fecked.

So I think the titles are fine, they suit the eejits on the show, which I'm enjoying in a train-wreck-kinda-way

couldnt agree with you more the celtic tiger was a big mirage, with plenty of dickheads pretending to be something that they are not, and they are in dept up to there eyeballs....

but then again look at most peoples CV and the vast majority of them are full of ****, with people giving themselves phony titles and job discriptions, i think its called bull****ting or selling yourself......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

where else could a housewife be otherwise known as a domestic engineer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    it's Orla and she is plain as be damned..in fact ugly

Have you a vagina?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Time to get the popcorn out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Car sales. Renault car sales. lol.

Below normal intelligence lambs to the slaughter tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 silverhillgirl

see him asleep in the car lmao

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A mime artist!!!! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement