Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 silverhillgirl

A mime artist!!!! :eek:
    just about to say it - hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Bonjour.....er do you speak English! Heh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This is shockingly bad, not a single customer, no marketing, flyers? no flyers? just the make ****ing decision!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Are Renault making Micras now?:D
    Ops, I thought they were just meant to be selling the new megane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Joanna is a psycho! The wide eyed look on her: "YOU'RE GUTTED? I'm gutted too..." :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Repeat customers? They dragged them of the street didn't they?

I'd say mark will be gone, especially since he admitted he wasn't on form.

hopefully psycho joanna and btw - Bill said - 90% of customers dont come back and the actual figures are - 60% come back and 50% of that 60% buy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

It's the same bloody drivel in the "boardroom" every week.

Just for the general get up of him and that raspy lizard nortside voice, Mark should go.

He looked delighted to be gone.

and he does - did himself no favours - i think he wanted to go!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Mark deserved to go. Even still he didn't need to say it himself ffs, nice defeatist attitude. As the weeks go on my urge to punch a gap in Joanna's smile intensifies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Aidric wrote: »
    Mark deserved to go. Even still he didn't need to say it himself ffs, nice defeatist attitude. As the weeks go on my urge to punch a gap in Joanna's smile intensifies.

I second u on that. She needs a gud slappin!

Mark was a character though I thought he was being given a chance cuz usually they send 1 person out and den he'd fire 1 of the 2 remaining. I was so shocked! Bring mark back compaign any1?

Joanna luks like a potential winner even though shes annoying, she gets things done and is a good decision maker.;)

Id say Mark and Shane were out on the lash the nite be4 cuz theres Shane asleep in d car hungover and Mark seemed hungover for the whole thing. Fair play to em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Orla is some loss this week. All the rest are Mingers!!

dedon wrote: »

lol u wudnt lash joanna out of it no? :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭md23040

dedon wrote: »

Btw what's the prize job, apprentice what - mechanic??

Could the programme and its hubris have been made in any more of an economic inappropriate time??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

I'd say the job is selling cars is one of his garages. Sure he doesn't own anything else

md23040 wrote: »
    Btw what's the prize job, apprentice what - mechanic??

Could the programme and its hubris have been made in any more of an economic inappropriate time??

The Winner Takes It All

The Apprentice Ireland is the ultimate 12 -week job interview where 14 aspiring tycoons battle it out to be named Bill Cullen's apprentice.

With the promise of a six figure annual salary and the possibility of working for one of Ireland's most successful business moguls, the stakes are high!

Yeah, 6 figures, but where's the decimal point?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'd say the supermacs challenge in the earlier rounds was no coincidence. The winner will most likely be taking up a managers position there. The six figures will no doubt become five, given that we're in a recession an all.

Suppose the kitsch factor must be amazing as long as you aren't susceptible to a bout of cringing.

The US one has some credibility. Maybe not any longer with the Duck and his falling property empire. Alan Sugar is a bit more questionable but somewhat feasible. But Bill Cullen come on??

Apprentice "Ryan Air" with Tony Ryan and Michael O Leary would be more interesting. For instance one snippet from the book Flying high - when bollocking a senior manager "In this company I'm the fckuer and your the fcukee -don't forget it". Now that would be great TV.

Btw don't watch the show but what do these contestants expect to get out of the programme really??

• Advertisement

BaRcOe wrote: »
    With the promise of a six figure annual salary

t-w-e-n-t-y euro. Maybe Bill Cullen's dyslexic and doesn't understand the difference between letters and figures. Great end to a meaningless show going away with four fivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That Joanna one is beginning to freak me out with her manic grin in the boardroom. I'd say there's a few bodies buried under her floorboards or something.

Mark looked like he just wanted off the show. I'd say the car probably took him straight to his local after that.

Nikki is very tasty with her glasses on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

At least the Penny Apple man got the firing right this time - chappie who got the "oxford" was a complete wooos.

Whats with all the whining and begging in the Boardroom though - jeeze it's...well undignified.

Personally I would be reluctant to hire any of them based on performance so far - particularly the girls - one of them called herself "a driven person" - far too young for that sweetie - at that age should be chillin over in Vietnam somewhere..sleepin on a beach..takin a few tokes an local beer - maybe with the local "Penny Apple" man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

surely the blatent product placement in last nights show is illegal????

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its probably paid for... Maybe some kind of sponsorship deal? There is blatant product placement every week. I'd say Snap Printing have paid a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Last night's show was hilarious. Bill getting a call from Air Traffic Control in Dublin Airport! Ha! Brilliant. :D

The bit in the Boardroom when they were asked about the mime artist and one of them said he was able to demonstrate how big the car boots were was brilliant. I didn't know the Mafia bought their cars from Renault!

And yer man falling asleep in the car was class. And he was one of the contestants that has shown a small bit of potential so far. :rolleyes:

It really is shocking how inept a lot of them can be at times. Not doing any flyers or promotional material beforehand was just ridiculous. The team that were based up in Liffey Valley had a tonne of potential customers on their doorstep. Why they didn't just print off a load flyers and stick them onto the windscreens of the cars in the car park?

The thing I noticed though about the customers they got was that they were actually given 100 repeat Renault customers. So it was a case of all the customers were probably gonna buy a new car and it was just up to the Apprentice's not to mess up the sales.

Sorry to see yer man get fired last night, not that he was in anyway capable of doing the job but purely for entertainment purposes. He just gave up in the last task. I'm sure it won't be long before he's strolling into his Da's scrapyard at 10:30 hungover and with his breakfast roll under one arm and the Daily Star under the other wondering what the hell he was thinking entering the Apprentice.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 browler

What the hell was bill cullen doing on morning am this morning with Mark.

Its up on the tv3 website.

Mark and fiona looney tunes started tearing into joanna and bill there defending her and attacking mark at the same time. Strange stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Does that mean Joanna has won the job? How far in advance is it filmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 browler

Yeah she must have won or be in the finals or he will surely be considering firing joanna in the next episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

browler wrote: »
    Yeah she must have won or be in the finals or he will surely be considering firing joanna in the next episode.
    Not necessarily. Alan Sugar was defending Raef when he was being interviewed by Jonathan Ross in the English show mid way through the series. Everybody thought that that must have meant Raef was gonna win or be in the final, he was fired within a couple of weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement