Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Jaysus!!! Just seen Mark's bird.....Fair play to the man
    http://bigulo.com/pop.php?biguloid=6549374
    But look at her name!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cork Exile wrote: »
    Jaysus!!! Just seen Mark's bird.....Fair play to the man
    http://bigulo.com/pop.php?biguloid=6549374
    But look at her name!!!!
    She's definitely a Butterface

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Feck Sizzler, that's juicy news!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Oooh I love this programme, can't believe i have become addicted to it, the first week i cringed for about the first ten minutes, then just got sucked in ..... I'd say Brenda has the most potential ... but why does she really want this?????
    I'd hate to work for him ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

It said in the Herald yesterday that Mark was basically fired for having a massive bust up with one of Bills Renault customers. It almost came to blows apparently and they had to be separated by Renault staff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Grrrr just saw the front page of the Herald - major spoiler! They should be made use spoiler tags too! Can't believe they're just ruined it for everybody who wanted to wait and see what happened on Monday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jeryryanisagimp

thats absolute gay...please nobody spoilt it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think TV3 want this show to do better then it currently is. It is averaging about 240,000 to 270,000 viewers each week. Which is good! I think TV3 where expecting 3,000,000 viewers or something lol.

Not really a spoiler but just in case.
    May I take back what a said at the start of this thread as both people are now out of the Apprentice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

OK, just saw that the spoiler is actually The Sun's front page today. It's obvious a leak from the publicist, trying to get more viewers in for Monday night's show. Very annoying for those of us who like watching it for the reveal at the end though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Unless it is a double firing?

Maybe Bill will appear mid task after a report from the 2 minders and fire 1 person?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

This evening's Herald ran a story about how all the contestants were given a "stern talking too" because of the whole story about
    Joanna being leaked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

This evening's Herald ran a story about how all the contestants were given a "stern talking too" because of the whole story about
    Joanna being leaked out.
    LOB ! Sure how could they be? The show has already been filmed, sure why would they give a hoop :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Because apparently they all signed contracts stating they wouldnt talk about the show until they got sacked. And she did

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Because apparently they all signed contracts stating they wouldnt talk about the show until they got sacked. And she did
    Ireland is a small place, exposes the naievity of the goons running the show if they thought that it would be kept a secret till the end.

A "stern" talking to, was that in the contract :o

Joanna being leaked out.
    Thanks for not telling everybody here then. :rolleyes:

*gets ban hammer ready*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I only picked up on this series a couple of episodes ago. Am i the only one to actually like Joanna? ok, she's not the friendliest...but it's not her personality you'd be hiring it's her ability to do a job. When push comes to shove in a cut throat industry, in tough times, i bet she'd get the job done, not saying she'd make many friends along the way.

(No i am not Joanna :p)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Too right. This is what spoiler tags are for FFS!!!

Kittensoft1984 banned for 3 days for thread spoiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Any chance of having a "pt 2" or having a "The Apprentice S1E6" because this thread is taking ages to find where I last read, to catch up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Unless it is a double firing?

Maybe Bill will appear mid task after a report from the 2 minders and fire 1 person?

Yeah I was thinking this myself. The show pretty much keeps quite close to the way the english one is done, so I would imagine that there will be a double firing somewhere, why not make it this week.

Any chance of having a "pt 2" or having a "The Apprentice S1E6" because this thread is taking ages to find where I last read, to catch up.

I tried doing that a while back but no one else replied :mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055388333

Ok I shall lock this thread at 2100 on Monday and start a new thread.

Why, what's the point? Just keep everything together.

Namesco wrote: »
    Just clickl on the little arrow before the the thread title and it'll take you to he last place you read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Elmo wrote: »
    I tried doing that a while back but no one else replied :mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055388333

I didn't see your post elmo, but I would definitely have replied if I had. I tried to get a dedicated board or something approaching a bit of elbow room to discuss different aspects of the show. http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055316757 but to no avail.:mad:

Because this thread is so long there is less to-ing and fro-ing of discussions ... it's more like a long sequence of people giving their opinions one after the other. If someone replies to a point you make about say, Joanna's blouses, it could be several pages back by the time you check the thread again and unless you have time to wade through 100 posts you may never find it.

Having got to >800 posts here, I don't see any point in freezing this thread and starting another. The new one will be just as unwieldy as this one by about 11pm on Monday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Jip wrote: »
    Bill Cullen is not rich because of his business acumen, he happened to be in the right place at the right time to get the distribution rights for next to nothing for Renault, mostly luck more so than a good business head.
    What has he done since ? I'm guessing all the 'real' Irish entrepreneurs were too busy or had more sense to take this gig.

Just seen this comment now and had to reply. Jip you must be smoking serious amounts of Crack if you think Bill Cullen's success is down to being in the right place at the right time.

He started in Renault when he was 14 and was general manager by the time he was 21. . He paid One punt for Renault Ireland, took on massive debts and turned the company around to having turnover of 350million

You make your own luck in life and he obviously has serious amounts of business acumen and has worked very hard to get where he is. I find it typically irish to begrudge someone else success in life.

He has a broad Dublin accent too..... so f**cking what. He is proud of his roots and so he should be. Just because he doesnt fit in to the stereo typical description of the average successful Irish business man seems to ruffle a few feathers in this forum. pretty sad really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

No I don't see the point in having a new thread. Keep it all on this one.

For a show that was slated by people on here once the idea had started, and when TV3 gave Bill Cullen the job - it's now amazing that it is the most viewed thread in the television section (39,945) and has the most replies (808) than any other thread. That is an achievement for TV3 in itself for getting the whole nation talking about it.

iseegirls wrote: »
    No I don't see the point in having a new thread. Keep it all on this one.

For a show that was slated by people on here once the idea had started, and when TV3 gave Bill Cullen the job - it's now amazing that it is the most viewed thread in the television section (39,945) and has the most replies (808) than any other thread. That is an achievement for TV3 in itself for getting the whole nation talking about it.

Wow after 10 years TV3 is being spoken about. How am I not impressed by this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

I am not referring to any spoilers or hearsay when I write about Joanna, I dont like the participant at all! I've been hoping and hoping Joanna would get fired the last few weeks. What scares me is that there are people like her out there, and we've all worked with them. She is manipulative. I dont like the way she played game, it was very immature.

I'm sorry Mark left, I loved the Mark : Bill interaction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

For anyone who needs to watch this show online, check out this post on page 44 - it'll make viewing the show much nicer. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement