Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

What about Mark giving "110%"........

I really disliked the guy.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Heroditas wrote: »
    So a "yay" or "nay" for it?

Yay for me. I really enjoyed it. The trailer for next week looked pretty good. :eek:

Yay from me aswell.

Hoo-ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Yeah the group leader really was at fault as he stopped them selling early. That's what cost them the task not the David guy being quiet.

That said he seemed happy enough to be out of it.

Back to the shop shelves for him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yeah!. Decision correct. There is alot of chaff to be removed from the wheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you have Sky+, then record and start watchng it at 9:15. You can FF through the ads.

I thought it was a good show - it has alot of promise... I agree with earlier comments that there are no real 'characters' on either team. Maybe they'll emerge in the next few weeks.

On a side note, had to laugh at the ads for Fringe - "America's No. 1 Show" - Number 1 at what? There were only 2 episodes and they were hardly ratings juggernauts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Good stuff! Very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    On a side note, had to laugh at the ads for Fringe - "America's No. 1 Show" - Number 1 at what? There were only 2 episodes and they were hardly ratings juggernauts...
    Yep, noticed that last week. Funny alright.

Sky+'d 'The Apprentice' but wasn't a huge fan of the original show (either US or UK versions).. so not expecting much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

God I find it a bit dull. The project leader for the boys wrecks my head. I really want to punch his lights out. And David. Dull, dull, dull. Didn't see much else from the rest of them TBH but I'm sure that goes with the territory.

Funny moment for me was when they all heading into FX Buckley's on Moore St and tried to sell a box of fruit to Tom Buckley (owner). First said he'd buy, went out the back and didn't come!! Made a pure show of them :D Class bit of TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The "brilliant" Fiona Looney. Ha ha ha LOL

I'm going to be laughing all week at that one.

That Mark guy was obnoxious...........and lazy. "Let's finish up" with about three hours to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Anyone know where the house is that they're stayin in? Just out of curiousity?

Overall....enjoyed the show. Does seem a bit shorter than the BBC version what with the ads, however TV3 have done well and stuck to the BBC format very closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭noelfirl

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, it was kind of inevitable that the production would be a slightly cheaper derivative of the BBC version, but would rather that then the pretty OTT Trumptastic American version. None the less, Bill Cullen seems really good as the CEO. Defo will watch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Overall I thought it was quite good, certainly to make me watch next week. Bill, Jackie and the other lad are no Sir Alan, Nick or Margaret, and not quite up to UK version, maybe a bit unfair to compare, that said I will be watching next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

"Did yis,did yis?":D
    I enjoyed the 'Culler",he's a bit of a bastard,and fruit is a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I thought it was ok if nothing special. TBH it was all a bit meh and nothing really stood out.

Plus why was there not one shot of the IFSC?? Surely in a show like this that is what you need. In the BBC version Canary Wharf is almost like an extra character. But for some reason the boardroom is in some dodgy looking horrible building here:confused:

Plus Bill is far too nice. He needs to be much more nasty and confontational to make it entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭amovingstatue

the sounds like he's constipated or passing a gritty stool voiceover guy is damn annoying alright.

maybe it's the blues talking but i think the sound of the rollers as the plywood door was moved aside and bill emerged really accentuated the naffness of it all

what was with the secretary? - sorry that should be human prop sitting behind an empty desk apart from the billphone... naff

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

The Project Leader for the Lads comes across as a pit of an arrogant tool..
    I honestly think there was way too much advertising in the programme,Honestly only for the fact that the Grafton Barber was getting on the show,They would never fork out €100 for a box of fruit..

I'm kinda peeved that the lads didn't get a bollockin for taking the stuff from the house..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Does spoil it a bit, you are just getting into then cue ads.

Sky+ it, then you can fast forward the ads........thats what i've done and i'm going to watch it later on:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

LoanShark wrote: »
    I honestly think there was way too much advertising in the programme,Honestly only for the fact that the Grafton Barber was getting on the show,They would never fork out €100 for a box of fruit..

Oh yeah that was something that occurred to me too. They need to watch that or it will become a bit of a joke if businesses are clearly only taking part for the free ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Did they all get sick after being out in the rain? They all looked like the had the flu!

Nothing special I think this is a problem for TV3 since they are putting their whole Autumn season on this show.

As Ben Frow said about Ireland's Next Top Model (Also produced by ShinaWhil but for RTE)

"We had no interest in doing some low-rent version of the show or in repeating a copycat version of a programme that's been done everywhere before. "

It's been done before and even the BBC's version is getting tired.

I am using the word average alot for new shows, it was average. Production Values a little lower then the BBC's version but other then that you cann't fault it.

Sky+ it, then you can fast forward the ads........thats what i've done and i'm going to watch it later on:cool:

Sky box full at the moment with Series 1 of the Apprentice, latest Apprentice and The Apprentice: You're Fired , need to copy them all over the nxt few days and clear up some space :)

woooo232 wrote: »

Plus why was there not one shot of the IFSC?? Surely in a show like this that is what you need. In the BBC version Canary Wharf is almost like an extra character. .

I thought their was a shot of the IFSC at the start, doesn't quite have the feel of Canary Wharf though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭Heroditas

woooo232 wrote: »
    Plus why was there not one shot of the IFSC?? Surely in a show like this that is what you need. In the BBC version Canary Wharf is almost like an extra character. But for some reason the boardroom is in some dodgy looking horrible building here:confused:

Plus Bill is far too nice. He needs to be much more nasty and confontational to make it entertaining.

Sugar's offices aren't in Canary Wharf though. They're in some serviced office on the outskirts of London. :D

I agree a few shots of the IFSC would have been nice.

I thought Bill came across better than Sugar. He didn't need to raise his voice and came across as a real hard-nosed clued in businessman. I'd say he'll "grow into" the role and we'll see a more confrontational side to him.

They seemed very unimpressed that they didn't try sell in the Ilac or Jervis shopping centres but surely it would be illegal to do so without a license??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

fletch wrote: »
    Anyone know where the house is that they're stayin in? Just out of curiousity?

roganstown, swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They seemed very unimpressed that they didn't try sell in the Ilac or Jervis shopping centres but surely it would be illegal to do so without a license???

In reality they would all have been moved along as soon as they started selling out side Henry St. and Moore St. IMO but I could be wrong. Jervis wouldn't have let them in.

Major spoiler: -
    I think the two team managers in this task are in the final I saw them out doing Supermac promotions a few week ago

I was glad to see penny apples mentioned twice, I honestly didn't think they would mention them, I was joking!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

fletch wrote: »
    They seemed very unimpressed that they didn't try sell in the Ilac or Jervis shopping centres but surely it would be illegal to do so without a license??? :confused:

Okay,
    I said I would give it one episode to see what I thought.

1. Yer man who got fired (David) was an absolute plank and was obviously the worst there. I dont understand how he was actually in business at all. He could have been an actor drafted in to make it easier on the res of them for the first show.
    2. Mark, the team lead also made mistakes but has a good sales side, he'll do well despite the fact that he thinks he's great for never going to college yet director of his own busiess (well done man, easy to step into yer old mans business). He is a bit of a pure dub, a bit like Bill himself and that will no doubt go down well.
    3. I know this happens in the English one as well but the lads only lost by €15 yet were torn apart.
    4. Lots of laws were broken I reckon in that episode. Not sure how far the street traders licence goes but I suspect going to private business' selling stuff was not in the deal.
    5. The champagne and fruit stolen from the house in the first place was laughable, the lads deserved to lose on this alone.

I'll probably watch it again but not sure for how long.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Heroditas wrote: »
    Sugar's offices aren't in Canary Wharf though. They're in some serviced office on the outskirts of London. :D

I agree a few shots of the IFSC would have been nice.

I thought Bill came across better than Sugar. He didn't need to raise his voice and came across as a real hard-nosed clued in businessman. I'd say he'll "grow into" the role and we'll see a more confrontational side to him.

Agreed with the above however the IFSC probably wouldn't be very filmable at the moment due to Luas works.

Having read both of Bill Cullen's books and attended a couple of his talks, he's a very inspirational character (we'll for me anyhow). So it's no real suprise that he's coming across well, perhaps better than Sugar. However he needs to harden up a bit. The first episode just looked all a bit too cosy, bit dull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I thought the show was pretty good. 7/10...thought the ending was very good.

The thing is with Ireland its always going to feel sort of like a goldfish bowl because its a small country sort of isolated. I feel they did the best they could do with it, and the contestants except for Dave, the lad knocked out were not cringeworthy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement