Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

I never thought of it that way. A completely different angle! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

That is pathetic. I would expect more from a moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Funny how they had cameras at the other depot Joannas friends were taking all the stuff from :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TV3 probably scripted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

KevIRL wrote: »
    Some of the reactions from Jonna after she was busted that were cut out are now available to watch here

Aren't you hilarious, well done :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Remove that link you clown or can a mod do it for you? It went into an endless loop of pop-ups on my machine meaning I had to close my browser losing some other things I was doing.

That was a great ending to the episode alright, have to say I did think the horsebox was a bid odd alright when it showed up as I thought it'd be something Paddy would've made a big deal out of and gone 'where did you come from, you're a saviour' etc.

That bit where she was showing her true colours in the taxi was gas and yeh once you're stung like she was you're best laughing about it as there's nothing you can do at that stage.....but yeh she did look like something out of the Excorcist cos her eyes were going in opposite directions one up one down as her mouth was trying to ingest her. Would be great to see a poster campaign of that around town cos she'd be livid!

Yeh for the TV show side of things she was pure gold, though her delusions of grandeur about her ability are shocking - she's the classic personality that is great in a small business as entrepeneurship and drive are the primary assets needed. However, when you get into real business organisations get bigger and you need to work with people and she'd quickly be shown up as a big fish in a small pond. Actually, just being fresh out of a psychometric profiling course, one of the role play segments highlighting poor interpersonal awareness could actually have been written for her!

It's not like this is the US or UK where her infamy will lead to massive media payments or a future career in media, so not sure what she was in it for to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

lolz TV3 should give her a reality TV show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bad link removed, please stop quoting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

why are people being told not to mention the 'bad link'. kev irl should be banned for posting such a stupid pop up link. people obviously thought it was a proper link because it was from a moderator. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Apologies to everyone affected by the rickroll. I was having a laugh, but on reflection it probably wasnt a good idea to post the link. Sorry and it wont happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks Kev.

With regards to posting spoilers - I don't care if it was announced on the 9 O'Clock news, or if it was front page on the Irish Times, the first time I heard/read it was on boards. Don't post future episode spoilers here.... cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Mr E wrote: »
    ...With regards to posting spoilers - I don't care if it was announced on the 9 O'Clock news, or if it was front page on the Irish Times, the first time I heard/read it was on boards. Don't post future episode spoilers here.... cheers.

I was the same, i had managed to avoid the headlines in the papers and general media...logged on here and :eek: but all in all though i can't see any of the remaining candidates creating as much controversy

and oh: i still think the episode was worth watching even though i knew the result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

yeah i have to agree that Nicki is absolutely stunning!!!

Hope she stays till the end :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I agree with that, other than the ending the episode itself was rather mediocre.

Agreed. Like WTF does organising a few lorry loads of olde household electrical shoite got to do with a high flying job?
    It tests organisational skills but little else. Bad task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Its people like her that work in our banks. Its no wonder the country is fubar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I must admit iv'e been number one fan of the I hate Joanna club but she really made me laugh going away in the Taxi, Just a nutjob. I wonder who ratted her out?

It was just the worst task ever though, Some of them have been good like the EA games one but like that was said this just basically tested peoples organisation.

On a side note glad to see we've finally seen the receptionist face myself and my OH where always debating would she be deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I would like to know how they were able to just take loads of WASTE ELECTRICAL stuff from a collection depot, and nobody bats an eyelid ?

Whoever is running that place should have been the one getting fired!!

WeeeIreland make a big deal out of how much they collect and getting statistics for this that and the other and then the stuff can be just taken away by a few cronies ? If this had ended up dumped in the Dublin Mountains would it have mattered either?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

What a nutjob, that smile just creeped me out. Shivers!!

Sorta glad she's gone but its gonna make the show less interesting ala bb when all the main characters go early

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Re: Joanne
    So far today I've seen Aidan Cooney on Ireland AM bless the ground she walks on and shes rings the Ray Darcy show and Ray does the same, shes loved by all if the media have their way by the end of to-day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Is swapping car reg's not illegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is swapping car reg's not illegal?
    So is stealing. It'd make you wonder if it's all true tbh.

Kinda sad she's gone, would've loved to have seen her in the interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wow, the part at the end with her laughing crazily was kinda demonic! Scary lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

BaZmO* wrote: »
    So is stealing. It'd make you wonder if it's all true tbh.

Kinda sad she's gone, would've loved to have seen her in the interviews.

Maybe I'm just getting too old and cynical, but that whole scene looked scripted to me.

Even her speel in the car at the end with all the laughing seemed overdone, like a bad piece of acting.

Edit: If she is for real, then that is one crazy beeyatch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I was wondering why Bill was being so harsh on her when she was saying she didn't want to break the rules re. health and safety. "Are you telling me you never break the rules Joanne", but that went nowhere for a while, I'd say she was sweating at that stage.

I think she used good initiative to try to win the task. The fact is though, her team didn't win. The other team showed how good management, honest effort and a team pulling together can win out. She deserved to go. If her team won, she would have deserved to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

dedon wrote: »
    What?? With the fake tan and the fake accent???

Exactly. HEADWRECKER.

She was getting up an hour before everybody else in the house just to top up the tan :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

does anyone else think that Dr Bills assistant looks like one of the vampires in the Lost Boys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Bill's looking for "warriors" yet when someone availed of a standout opportunity he fooooks them off the show for using their initiative. As I have said on here before, Cullen is about as predictable as George W.Bush. He'd argue with his own ma ffs. Contestant tries to explain why they did something in a certain way and then he says that was bollix and you should have done it the polar opposite. A clown.

Make no mistake, if Joanna didn't use the obvious advantage she did he probably would have said she should have! Its that simple, his questions are almost scripted or convey an impression of being wired to him, stands out like a sore mickey that this is NOT what he does day in day out, totally alien. So in response to the poster a few pages ago who was licking Bill's hoop, yes he done well when he was a young guy and made a few quid but he is far from the pinnacle of Irish entrepreneurs in the noughties, he does not have a feared reputation and frankly in my eyes his business operations now are mickey mouse when compared with his peers. He has a few garages and owns the muckross park hotel. The mind boggles really as to what the eventual winner will actually be doing.

I'd say you can count on one hand the amount of people in Cullen's "empire" that are pulling in 100K+ and the reality is the contestants in the main were kicking their heels in their current positions and going nowhere and saw what was on offer and went for it, they didnt apply for the kudos of working with Cullen, because there is none.

Wasn't a fan of Joanna and yes it was hilarious that she couldnt win even when she cheated but hey, who is to say the number werent diddled by the boardroom team? Seriously! Cullen appeared vexed almost and wouldnt surprise me if they had decided to embarass Joanna's team even further by telling them they had lost. As good as it was to watch the boardroom farce last night was a procession. Bill should listen more carefully to his own advice and stop fannying around, he should have dealt the hammer blow to Joanna as soon as her team came back into the boardroom, thrown her out (as his mind was obviously made up) and then let Nikki and Orla fight it out.
    Nikki would have walked there, all shes good at is ranting on about why she should be there, yet has displayed zero apptitude in the entire series.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

yet when someone availed of a standout opportunity he fooooks them off the show for using their initiative.

But this wasn't taking advantage of an opportunity - they took items that had already been given to WEEE....though how they were let drive away with lorry loads of the stuff is baffling. If she had got them to drive up & down laneways loading up & taking dumped stuff - that would be taking an opportunity but what she did was, in effect, fiddle the books.
    She did the same last week when she said she sold 3 cars - she actually sold 2 & 1 that was ALREADY sold. Thats NOT a sale in anyones books, and infact, I reckon showed up her incompetance. Not to mention one dissapointed customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I thought Joanna was brilliant, say the ratings might go down now shes gone.

Think that Orla and Nicky are fe*kin useless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

**First post in this thread, glad I found you guys**.

I think the Joanna thing should have been played out for a little longer last night, I hated the bitch and would have loved to have seen her sweat for a little longer.

I also think she should have been fired in front of both team's & held up as an example to the others.

I loved her reaction to the whole affair in the ride out of the place, she's a monster.

Although I detested her she made for excellent TV and I think the show will be a little less entertaining now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement