Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So whose going to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

who cares now, that 'plant' or 'actress' or whatever you want to call her, ruined the whole thing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Her interview on Morning AM frightened me too, its like theres a switch!!! I'm staying away from Naas!!!

Shes not from Naas shes from Wicklow, for those of you not familiar with the area and suggesting shes an actress its even funnier because she comes from a place called Hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I really don't think she's an actress, she's just a freak.

Axwell wrote: »
    Shes not from Naas shes from Wicklow, for those of you not familiar with the area and suggesting shes an actress its even funnier because she comes from a place called Hollywood.

she did say on Ireland AM that she was from Naas as it was her home town, poor feckin Naas, basket case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Is the breakfast show appearance uploaded to youtube yet? Anybody got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

nevey wrote: »
    Is the breakfast show appearance uploaded to youtube yet? Anybody got a link?

It's on www.tv3.ie

doesnt seem to be i gave a quick look there and could only find the wicked witch herself in the back of a taxi, laughing like a hiena (or however you spell it!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It is, I watched it yesterday. In fact, it's on the front page of the website.

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=theapprentice&tv3_preview=&video=2257

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That laughing freaked me out. Demented...

• Advertisement

am I the only one that has lost interest in it since she is gone and all these cheating allegations? I'll still watch it but Im annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ulick-magee

i think bill doesn't let them get away with bring people back into the board room situation just because the other person did it to them previously.. sugar never picked up on that or at least we never saw it..he also takes very little guff from the apprentices but maybe that's the editing..

as for calling the Gardai, what if you had an old fridge in your garden ,you happen to be a fridge collector and then these feckers come along and whip it for their little game....it would be interesting to see what would come out of it though and see how the producers are duping the viewers

Fiona Looney is fair rubbish.. typical ,she didn't want to upset Joanna.
    i hope the bridal shop owner wins the lot ,she seems to have the head firmly on the shoulders..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

janeybabe wrote: »
    It is, I watched it yesterday. In fact, it's on the front page of the website.

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=theapprentice&tv3_preview=&video=2257

Just watched it. She looks like Glenda Gilson getting out of the scratch without make up in 15 years time :eek:

So now its a gameshow :rolleyes: So the winner will walk away with 100K cash now will they? Muppets.

I've watched the clip of her justifying why she shouldnt have been fired a few times and the more I see it, the more I think it was scripted. Watch her eyes, she keeps looking down every few seconds like shes reading an autocue!

PS - Fiona Looney looks like Stifflers Mom :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

nellie07 wrote: »
    Did anyone think Fiona Looney is two faced, after all she said about her she went off and complimented her

Fiona Looney is an utter annoyance. She ruins every single show she appears on, be it The View or Ireland AM (although that wouldn't take much in fairness). She is a two faced bitch with little in the way of insightful analysis.
    Sizzler wrote: »
    PS - Fiona Looney looks like Stifflers Mom :eek:
    Get Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Joanna was quoted in the Herald as saying:

"...
    However, mum-of-three Joanne has insisted that she only broke the rules because she missed her husband and family Roisin (9), Saidbh (5) and two-year-old Oscar “desperately”.
    “I knew it was dangerous but I needed to see them, I'm only human,” she said.
    But she admitted: “I broke the rules and Bill had no choice but to fire me.”

That comes from here.

Now does this match up in any way to what was shown on the night? I can't see how it does, and thus more of a reason for me to think the whole thing was staged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Apprentice candidates are strictly forbidden from contacting the outside world. Their mobile phones are confiscated and they were allowed only one 10 minute chat a week.
    Sounds like they are basically locked up like prisoners. Actually you would have more freedom in prison. I could understand people going mad under those circumstances. It sounds extremely inhumane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I believe filming finished at the end of September and given theres a few more episodes left in the tank I would be amazed if the end result isn't leaked by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Sounds like they are basically locked up like prisoners. Actually you would have more freedom in prison. I could understand people going mad under those circumstances. It sounds extremely inhumane.

All that hassle, to be on the telly for people to fall around the place laughing at you and for a pox bottle job with Bill Cullen - why bother?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Axwell wrote: »

I grew up less that 5 miles from Hollywood! What's her surname?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Isolation is a reality show staple. Survivor, Big Brother, other Apprentices. They all do it. Some shows do it better than others - they show very little outside of the tasks in Cullen's Apprentice, so you don't get a idea of how hard it is to be away from loved ones. You might have empathised with Joanna a bit more if you saw her looking at a photo of her family and showing some emotion at it. But they never did, so everyone says plant/actress or whatever....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Fiona Looney does my head in. Ever since she used to be on the Panel I have no time for the woman. I used to cringe watching her trying to be funny on it.

Is there any way we can let Fiona Looney know shes two faced and crap? Does she have an email address at the bottom of any of her famous columns?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

sweetie wrote: »
    I grew up less that 5 miles from Hollywood! What's her surname?

On the show she is called Joanna Murphy, but it did refer to her husband as Ray Murphy, so she presumably took his name when they married.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

First off Fiona Looney looks nothing like Stifflers mom, not even close how dare you! :D

I dont see how people have come up with this whole thing bout it being stagged and Joanne an actress or looking like a model now, i mean in fairness she got her hair done and some fake tan shes hardly turned into Claudia Schiffer. They were up every morning bright and early for tasks, shes going on TV after getting fired so shes gonna doll herself up a bit.
    As for her being an actress and it being staged i really dont see that either, she cheated and got caught simple as in my mind. The way its edited leads to some confusion but theres nothing much more to it. These theories on what she was wearing at the time she got fired etc thats just down to the shows editing and when stuff is recorded. I read somewhere that even Mark left at one point to meet up with his girlfriend cos he was going nuts in the house so im sure at points everyone in the house has done stuff they technically arent allowed to like contacting people etc but not to alter or affect the outcome of a task. Her using her family etc is just an excuse and an effort to get sympathy. She got caught and deserved to go anyways I think people will start to shine now without her constantly trying to undermine them.

ok, you must be related in some way to the fabulous Joanna,

listen, she was on TV for weeks and weeks and she looked like a country chick who never saw makeup, why then yesterday was she trying to be alexis carrington, in her own words???????

shes a cow, sorry I dont know her but i dont like her attitude and her plug for her upcoming trade exhibition on tv.

dispicable

nellie07 wrote: »
    ok, you must be related in some way to the fabulous Joanna,

listen, she was on TV for weeks and weeks and she looked like a country chick who never saw makeup, why then yesterday was she trying to be alexis carrington, in her own words???????

Thankfully im not related to the woman at all. As I said yes she was on tv for weeks but up at all hours and not worried bout her looks but now shes on Morning Am and this media attention she gets she decides to doll herself up a bit everyone assumes shes a model or an actress.If you read what I said you would see I thought people thinking shes this model or actress is stupid and that as you pointed out shes a country chick who just dolled herself up with a bit of fake tan and got her hair done and hasnt turned into someone stunning.

she has notions of herself, if i was on tv everyday id be dressed up like she was on ireland am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

Did anyone notice that Joanna had pissed herself. You can see the damp patch when she picks up her bag after herself leaving the room. She had changed her clothes for the walking out of the building clips/ beige suit for the firing and white suit for the espace? She was no actor, she got the fright of her life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

Cringer wrote: »
    Cheers Ian and Hot Fuss,

Made an edit there in the post. I guess that bit then adds up, if it were sent to rmurphy and Brian being her boss.

Does anyone know where that lobby area they sit in before they go into the boardroom is? Is it the Europa out in Swords? The secretary's office setup looks really half arsed, laptop never on (she didnt even have one at the start), so I guess it's temporary offices for the boardroom scene is it? Perhaps they hired a suite in the Europa.
    It is in the Europa its the hallway to the canteen..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is the actual boardroom there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement