Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Elmo wrote: »
    In reality they would all have been moved along as soon as they started selling out side Henry St. and Moore St. IMO but I could be wrong. Jervis wouldn't have let them in.

Major spoiler: -
    I think the two team managers in this task are in the final I saw them out doing Supermac promotions a few week ago

I was glad to see penny apples mentioned twice, I honestly didn't think they would mention them, I was joking!!!!

I knew it! There was a lady (with camera crew) in my branch back a few months ago trying to film an ad for Supermac's. She wanted to film us (staff) accepting orders from Supermac staff :eek: We politly told her to PFO. And she had this annoying "I'm your best friend" attidute. Cringe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I thought the show was pretty good. 7/10...thought the ending was very good.

The thing is with Ireland its always going to feel sort of like a goldfish bowl because its a small country sort of isolated. I feel they did the best they could do with it, and the contestants except for Dave, the lad knocked out were not cringeworthy.

The girls came across well I thought, but the lads drove me :mad: though very hard to tell from epsiode 1, it will take a couple of episodes to get to know the characters.

Like someone mentioned before the UK versions started off with very strong business characters in the early series and by the latest series the candidates were not as strong in a business sense but some great characters mainly Raef who really made the last series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He's like something off Father Ted
    I wish we had more people like that so. I can't stand the way people feel the need to get rid of their Dublin accent once they start working in sales or type of office work. If anything my Dublin accent helps me get on better with people over the phone in work and if anyone had a problem with my accent they're nothing but snobs.

Very impressed with the show but the standing out side Pearse st garda station reminded me of Naked Camera.

Sky+ meant the ads weren't a problem. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I prefer the girls to the fellas.
    That Mark guy is wrecking my head.
    He's so not a business man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Midnight Sun

The preview of two of the girls having a row at the end of the show was hilarious ... 'I'm doing the pitch!' ... 'No I'm doing the pitch!!' 'I'll give you such a smack in the head'. Brilliant!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I dnt think any of them are real bussiness men. I think being on this show wwould be a bit of a career killer. Id imagine everyone on it is just looking to launch a media carrer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

The preview of two of the girls having a row at the end of the show was hilarious ... 'I'm doing the pitch!' ... 'No I'm doing the pitch!!' 'I'll give you such a smack in the head'. Brilliant!!

im pretty sure that wasnt serious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

starn wrote: »
    I dnt think any of them are real bussiness men. I think being on this show wwould be a bit of a career killer. Id imagine everyone on it is just looking to launch a media carrer

Posssibly,from UK Version Series 1, James Max now has a very successfull media career, on sky news quite a bit, doing newspaper reviews but also has an exellent Business show on the radio LBC on a Sunday 17:00 sky ch 0177 well worth a listen. That said he was an investment banker before The Apprentice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 noobie

Enjoyed it. Thumbs up. Nuff said:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I honestly expected it to be crapp (with a capital C) but it wasnt :eek: Infact I would go as far as to say that it was a carbon coppy of Sir Alan's show - with a slight change of accent (from Cockney to Dublinese) :))

So far, no outstanding characters like 'Raef' or 'Kristina Grimes' but time will tell . . . . .

Not the disaster I expected.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Posssibly,from UK Version Series 1, James Max now has a very successfull media career, on sky news quite a bit, doing newspaper reviews but also has an exellent Business show on the radio LBC on a Sunday 17:00 sky ch 0177 well worth a listen. That said he was a investment banker before The Apprentice.

If I remeber rightly Nick Hewer couldnt understand why James was on the show. Had he won it would of ment taking a pay cut.
    James should of won that season being head and shoulders above the other candidates.

I really think appearing on the Irish apprentice is carrer suicide for almost everyone involved.

On the upside maybe Tom Dunne will resurect Dr. Bill on his rdio show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 noobie

Why are they carrying the type of luggage at the end you normally take to the airport?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

I'm waiting for the scandal to hit the papers over at least one of the girls...

No sooner was her mug up on the telly than herselfs phone starts ringing mad with all her gang doing the 'OMG! Look at yer wan on the telly!'

Apparently she did something very naughty a while back and got the boot over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,388 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Anyone know if this is streamable/watchable for us overseas viewers?! :D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Sky+ is krud.....Windows Media Center FTW!

I could skip the ads but I was still thinking there were too many of them.

I really expected this to be a total cringefest but thought to myself after a few minutes 'this is actually alright'. Cullen suprised me. Just like the fella Mark, who I immediately felt had more to him than just the loudmouth (am sure he'll progress well from the shaky 1st task), I think a lot of people dismiss what he's saying just because of his accent. There's a very strong anti-Dublin sentiment throughout the country and even in Dublin itself people seem to automatically dismiss people with a Dub accent. In my eyes that's more of a poor reflection on the people that hold those sterotyped views, but anyways let's get back on topic....

...while it means it's less dramatic, I'm glad they didn't go down the Big Brother in the Boardroom route as done in the later UK series. There's actually what look like a few decent candidates in there - I doubt there's any real business genius in there but at least there's a few you'd say 'yeh, I could see that person doing a decent middle management job', which is more than you could say about the last UK series.

lee_arama wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the scandal to hit the papers over at least one of the girls...

No sooner was her mug up on the telly than herselfs phone starts ringing mad with all her gang doing the 'OMG! Look at yer wan on the telly!'

Apparently she did something very naughty a while back and got the boot over it.

Go on spill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DEMON 90

they all seem pretty average to me, would u want to eat an apple or an orange covered in hair in a busy barber shop, the real business persons are the business owners who bought fruit of them: you couldnt buy that advertising anywhere 4 a few apples... brilliant, well done grafton barber!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

it took you that long to make your first post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cunning-doll

:eek:
    Oh my god, hadn't seen this on TV at all but i used to work with David (the one who got fired first i think)
    Does anyone know if they will repeat it or how i could watch it? He's such a character!
    I've waited so long to turn on reality tv and see someone I know! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cunning-doll

Does anyone know if they will repeat it or how i could watch it?

DUH! my bad you can watch it here http://apprentice.tv3.ie/

Sorry :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

DUH! my bad you can watch it here http://apprentice.tv3.ie/

Indeed we are all going to have to get used to the fact that TV3 now make TV and have a catch up service on the web. Wow a long time coming. :) (Had to sorry!).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The catchup videos are handy. I'm working in Brussels at the moment, so I missed it. Can't wait to see how it came across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Scootay

Did all the girls wear scarves when selling the fruit as a tribute to the chinny one from this year's BBC Apprentice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Bill Cullen was a bit of a plank, and tbh he isn't impressive enough. Someone like Dermot Desmond or even Thomas Crosbie would be a lot better.

The contestants are all the cheap suit salesman types, which is a bit disappointing. None of them impressed me, although I can tell the Mark fella is a fighter. One of the girls, the one who refers to men as "smelly" men, is definitely ****ed in the head, so I think she's going to provide a bit of entertainment.

Overall, I'd take it or leave it. It wasn't terrible though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

starn wrote: »

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how the public/employers view the contestants of the show after its over...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,388 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Carbon copy of the UK version, form what I can see. And was it just me, or was every single one of them a clone...? They were all typically over-rated self-important.. and my God, can they say one sentence without a business-related cliche?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Bill Cullen looks like an absolute bastard. Time will tell.:D

met him in a work situatiuon, he's actually really friendly and regular as they get...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

noobie wrote: »
    Why are they carrying the type of luggage at the end you normally take to the airport?;)
    Because the show is staged over a number of weeks so presumably they need a few weeks worth of clothes???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Little did I realise when I posted this !!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56746592&postcount=139

Do I get a prize :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Sizzler wrote: »
    Little did I realise when I posted this !!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56746592&postcount=139

Do I get a prize :D

Good call. Although I can't see the "week 3" idea getting off the ground as Cullen is clearly already using the worlds supply of "just for men" on his own barnet. How vain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement