Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I got some shock when I turned it on to see Ronan there, he was the goalkeeper on a team I played with last season, he's pretty decent and sound out, but some man for lengthy team talks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I got a text yest saying Ronan was on it,I couldnt believe it! I went on a couple of dates with him back in first year and he is the soundest guy you'd meet. Very genuine,charming,bright fella whose been through some tough,sad times in his life but always has a smile on his face :)
    I didnt watch it,but he would be a deserved winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

panda100 wrote: »
    I got a text yest saying Ronan was on it,I couldnt believe it! I went on a couple of dates with him back in first year and he is the soundest guy you'd meet. Very genuine,charming,bright fella whose been through some tough,sad times in his life but always has a smile on his face :)
    I didnt watch it,but he would be a deserved winner!
    I don't get that. He'd be a deserved winner just because he's a nice guy that's been through some tough times? Surely the person most capable of doing the job would be a deserved winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't get that. He'd be a deserved winner just because he's a nice guy that's been through some tough times? Surely the person most capable of doing the job would be a deserved winner?

The sympathy card works on reality TV. Like in the X Factor or American Idol. You know the stories about how if my father didn't push me etc etc and now that he is dead he can't see me become a star etc etc.

Sorry no offence to Ronan and with what ever he had to go through. I don't know the guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

efb wrote: »
    Women are out to win, lads look like SAPs

Nail on head. Think that Dub guy team leader should have got fired. What a bullsh!tter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Just caught the repeat, not bad.
    Micheal O'Leary would have been so much better. Unfortunately he actually has a successful business to run.
    Cullen is Dire.

Does he? I like cullen I think he will start to get better as the series goes on. O'Leary would constantly be angry and is overly opinionated about everything, he would start going on about how the government are a bunch of feckers and that everything should be done low cost. I can just imagine his board room with two model Ryan-air Airplanes sitting in the middle of the table. The winners of the task would get a luxary trip to somewhere near paris on a Ryanair flight where they would get priority seating. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Cullan Did a good job.

I liked the Irish version - especially the board room.

Tought contestants did well.

All handled themselves well at the boardroom.

Compared to past Irish attempts at reaity TV - This surely is an easy winner.

But beating trash like Failte Towers and RTE's talent search show would not be too hard.

But beating trash like Failte Towers and RTE's talent search show would not be too hard.

We should heap praises on TV3 for their previous attempts at reality TV. The Box and Haunted House emmmmmmmm Scary stuff indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    Thought it was really cringey.

Full of the cocky know-all sales people that you see all over the country, pretending to a character just to get a bit of extra commission.

It felt really planned and scripted. The amount of times the guy selling to the Grafton Barber actually said "Grafton Barber" was ridiculous....at one stage he was talking to them on the phone and said something like "Hi is that the Grafton Barber. Would you like some fruit for your shop...The Grafton Barber. It would be great for The Grafton Barber..." All he was short of doing was grinning into the camera with his thumbs up.

Product placement and advertising for lots of other businesses (Carphone Warehouse, Break for the Border, Buckleys) lead me to believe that a production assistant may have done more selling than any of them...offering a shot of the store name in exchange for handing over some cash and looking gormless whilst haggling for fruit.

The randomly trading around Dublin without a permit was ridiculous. The fact that one of these places was Pearse St Garda Station makes me think maybe they weren't actually selling.

The final point that makes me doubt its credentials is the fact that the project leader wasn't fired. Seriously if you close up shop two hours early because you did 'enough' there isn't a boss in the world who wouldn't fire you. The other guy may have been gormless, but there was only one person responsible for losing that task.

The carphone warehouse sale was a set up..One of the lads is mates with the manager of cpw Henry street..lol
    And im sure the grafton barber yoke was a set up aswell.

Cork wrote: »
    Cullan Did a good job.

Did he :confused: He's a clown and he did nothing to change my mind on last weeks show.

The farce continues tomorrow night :D

If the winner has any sense at the end of the show they will tell Cullen to shove the job up his hoop :p

I just saw some of it again on Channel 6 tonight.

Cringey but then I always thought this show was cringey, I think it is the point of the show, even some of the Alan Sugar and Donald Trump versions have the cringen factor. When one of the team members say something stupid, you just start reaching for the remote.

In away that's why the Apprentice (all versions) works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Not the best, but it's far better than the American version, imo :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

John Boland didn't slate it so that's good enough for me.

I'll be tuning in from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

The show is dodgy when produced in the UK or US, but Bill Cullen is a knob jockey and it shows. Entire cast is obviously picked for on-screen drama potential and business acumen a long way behind. This is car crash television with a cast of boggers. Sooooo sad. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

RTE delivers 3rd world television yet again.
    This is TV3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Max001 wrote: »
    The show is dodgy when produced in the UK or US, but Bill Cullen is a knob jockey and it shows. Entire cast is obviously picked for on-screen drama potential and business acumen a long way behind. This is car crash television with a cast of boggers. Sooooo sad. :eek:
    It's more entertaining than watching z-list celebrities trying to revive their careers by working in a hotle tbh.

Proven format. It's a good show. We want drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Yeh, fair point, but my mind is trying to 'block' the experience, like it will do sometimes with life threatening traumas......if I'd watched any more of it, I'd probably have thrown myself under a bus.

It'd be watchable if:

1. Cullen was replaced by a pikey

2. Each week pikey-like challenges consisted of boosting gear and reselling at markets or door-to door, or tarmac ing pensioners drive ways, trading horses etc

3. To be fired meant potential death by fight club (then they might try a little harder)

Oh I give up. Its not worth it. Back to therapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vl2008

janeybabe wrote: »
    I missed the first 20 minutes so I'm not sure about it yet. The girls are annoying me with their dancing around and stuff.
    you can see it all on the website www.tv3.ie/theapprentice

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    John Boland didn't slate it so that's good enough for me.

I'll be tuning in from now on.
    Who the f**k is John Boland :confused:

Who the f**k is John Boland

He general gives bad reviews IMO. He has little good to say about most TV anytime I have read his column.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/tv3rsquos-apprentice-off-to-a-winning-start-1480413.html

Elmo wrote: »
    He general gives bad reviews IMO. He has little good to say about most TV anytime I have read his column.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/tv3rsquos-apprentice-off-to-a-winning-start-1480413.html

Ah, hes the clown that wrote that article, nuff said.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Guess what i will be watching tonight?

Not the Apprentice thats for sure! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm a sucker for Irish programmes. I never watched the UK Apprentice but really enjoyed this. ffs my ma is hooked on it already. She wouldn't watch the UK version in a million years. We take patriotism to the extreme. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for Irish programmes. I never watched the UK Apprentice but really enjoyed this. ffs my ma is hooked on it already. She wouldn't watch the UK version in a million years. We take patriotism to the extreme. :)

Who will get the boot today? Let the games begin.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Who will get the boot today? Let the games begin.:D

They are all gimps they should have picked Spore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

HAHA look at these twats pitching their game. This show and contestants are total prostitutes. I'd like to face-break the lot of them. And yes I realise I'm advertising this game with this post (if indeed it even is a real game?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Oh Lordy those pitches were some of the most cringeworthy tv minutes in history...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Pigman II wrote: »
    HAHA look at these twats pitching their game. This show and contestants are total marketing whores. I'd like to face-break the lot of them. And yes I realise I'm advertising this game with this post (if indeed it even is a real game?).

that was about as cringeworthy as seeing one's parents having sex 9not that I have or anything)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement