Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gpowerg

And we wonder why Ireland is the first country in the EU to go into recession...

...how prophetic they're in Supermacs next week.

Would you like a job with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Team lead was shít, Mark was better this week, i hope he goes late on, but not win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

agree - wrong guy fired. Why wasnt the project manager fired for not making the descision to take the addidas signs down.

also why did bill cullen keep going on about addidas , they were mentioned more times than EA who paid for the event .

good start to the series last week but very poor this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

snowey07 wrote: »
    also why did bill cullen keep going on about addidas , they were mentioned more times than EA who paid for the event .

€€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

snowey07 wrote: »
    agree - wrong guy fired. Why wasnt the project manager fired for not making the descision to take the addidas signs down.

good start to the series last week but very poor this week
    Can Cullen be sacked :confused:

The 2 muppets flanking him....almost making him look competant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

cullen should have fired both managers so far but he took the easy option.

the face on cullen jnr when bill critiscised him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Sizzler wrote:

The 2 muppets flanking him....almost making him look competant.

Nick & Margaret would eat them for breakfast!

Daith wrote: »
    Nick & Margaret would eat them for breakfast!
    I'd say all that botox would give them indegestion ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

this show, jesus christ.
    whatever about the contestants and the hosts, it really is a complete masterclass in incoherent tv.
    theres no drama, build up or story. just a mish mash of crap that happened.

only problem is i cant make my mind up as to whether its the contestants being absolutely useless, or the producers being unable to get the contestants skills / performances across.

i honestly cant figure out who is doing what, or why they are being fired.

i wouldnt mind getting some adidas, fight club, fight night, face breaker, village, ea, spore and ifsc tshirts printed up in snap printing though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

subway wrote: »
    i wouldnt mind getting some adidas, fight club, fight night, face breaker, village, ea, spore and ifsc tshirts printed up in snap printing though...

Then off to Supermacs for some grub!

• Advertisement

Wikipedia wrote:
    The Apprentice is modelled on the American series of the same name, which stars entrepreneur Donald Trump, as well as the British series starring magnate Alan Sugar.[2]

Bill Cullen's assistants in the Irish version of The Apprentice will be his wife, and former page 3 glamour model, Jackie Lavin and PR "guru", Brian Purcell. [3]
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭amovingstatue

Pigman II wrote: »
    And they all have lovely bottoms.

they won't stay lovely forever you know....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I don't believe it, He survived again!!!!!

I think his comedy facial grimaces have saved him. Last two weeks he's been shifting and squirming in his seat like he's got a bad dose of the trots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Im not an avid fan of the BBC version but do they really take up half the show with the boardroom part like TV3 do?

What did the girls actually do to organise their launch, none of it was shown. Where did they get all the people from? Last we seen was them walking away from the IFSC after not being let in anywhere!

Team leader should have gone tonight. Mark seemed to put a lot of effort in to his different jobs, he may be a mouth but he's also a 'doer'. He built the ring, was the only one demonstrating the game and was out and about in Temple Bar at 8.15 looking for people. The guy who left seemed to do a great job in getting 60 or so of their main distributors in the country, I'm not sure if EA put him onto this, more than likely actually.

I'm positive adidas paid for their advertising on that show. The close up of the catering company's name stitched on the guys waistcoat was hilarious. The blatant dropping of 'Snap Printing' into the mobile convo, the lingering shot of the Morrisson, the fleet of Renaults, the Wilde restuarant in the Westbury, Mick Dowlings shop where he works behind the counter at 9am, EA!!!! There's less ads during the break for crying out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

this show, jesus christ.
    whatever about the contestants and the hosts, it really is a complete masterclass in incoherent tv.
    theres no drama, build up or story. just a mish mash of crap that happened.

The editing is awful. Unlike the BBC version there is hardly any build-up of tension and drama before the task winners are announced and someone gets fired. Cullen came straight out this evening and said the women had won the task and then while asking that Derek fella about how he thought he got on during the task he didn't even let him reply before telling him "you're fired".

Also what was the story with Adidas in this episode? It was Adidas this and Adidas that in the boardroom with big close up of all their signs during the programme. After complaining about the lads using Adidas signage at the launch they ended up getting more free advertisment from Bill Cullen himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'm glued to this but then, I do love a good cringe. It's real last days of the Celtic Toiger stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DEMON 90

where did youre man Paddy get the nightdress/dressing gown!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DEMON 90

DEMON 90 wrote: »
    where did youre man Paddy get the nightdress/dressing gown!!

then again he has to make some sort of statement as he hasnt said much.. it seems to me the less you say the less chance you have of been nominated, and again the lads were embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

Jaysus. Was anybody else cringing while the guys were doing their pitch for Facebreaker? It was pure cheese. I quite liked the girl's one though. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Ckal wrote: »
    Jaysus. Was anybody else cringing while the guys were doing their pitch for Facebreaker? It was pure cheese. I quite liked the girl's one though. :P

Probably would have been better with some hair and button pulling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

podge018 wrote: »
    Im not an avid fan of the BBC version but do they really take up half the show with the boardroom part like TV3 do?

They bought the rights to use the format so it is exactly the same as the US and BBC versions right down to the aerial shots of Dublin, the music etc.. They have to stick to the format as part of the contract.

The blatant product placement was crazy though.. It was worth the money Adidas paid anyway! And yeah, throwing snap printing into the conversation was just hilarious..

Ckal wrote: »
    yes, but it didnt mention, anywhere, what they would have to do to get the game of their choice.
    i think they were being told, off camera, to come up with that shoite.

if thats what passes for a marketing contract pitch these days...
    only in primary school, would you even dream of doing something like that, at least not without a huge amount of substance behind it anyway.

it was obvious from the outset that they had no clue what they were meant to do launch a product.

i wanted sir alan to tear them a new one, instead bill cullen was there without a clue as to what happened. he was on the radio this morning, again going on about adidas.
    he didnt even know what the signs said, the guy that got sacked was trying to explain that they said "adidas boxing" and bill kept saying "wudya go way oudda dat, shure dey said adidas sports"

i wanted sir alan to tear them a new one, instead bill cullen was there without a clue as to what happened. he was on the radio this morning, again going on about adidas.
    he didnt even know what the signs said, the guy that got sacked was trying to explain that they said "adidas boxing" and bill kept saying "wudya go way oudda dat, shure dey said adidas sports"

Classic!

Are we the only people that think Cullen is inept :confused: What are the producers thinking? This is great TV? Its so bad its good? Who cares as long as we get the viewers?

Sizzler wrote: »
    Classic!

Are we the only people that think Cullen is inept :confused: What are the producers thinking? This is great TV? Its so bad its good? Who cares as long as we get the viewers?
    i guess there thinking that 1 hour long commercial is the easiest way to make money.
    i was worried on the first day when they showed the guy talking to "the grafton barber" on the phone, and he mentioned "the grafton barber" about 48 times on one call.

its obvious that this will play out this way - as one huge commecial on TV3.

i dont mind, as long as the editing gets better over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

hot fuss wrote: »
    They bought the rights to use the format so it is exactly the same as the US and BBC versions right down to the aerial shots of Dublin, the music etc.. They have to stick to the format as part of the contract.

The blatant product placement was crazy though.. It was worth the money Adidas paid anyway! And yeah, throwing snap printing into the conversation was just hilarious..

i know that, but I didn't think they gave up as much as 30 minutes to the boardroom on BBC. I thought it was more like 20.

i know that, but I didn't think they gave up as much as 30 minutes to the boardroom on BBC. I thought it was more like 20.
    plus, the bbc version is an hour, TV3 version is more like 40 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh that was winding me up last night, going over and over things in the boardroom...like get on with the sacking. I wanted to see more of what happened during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Anyone notice the phone on the secretary's desk outside the boardroom "Hello? Yes. You can go in now..."

I swear, there was no cable coming out of it last night. there were two shots of it from different angles & it just looks like a phone on a (cheap MDF) desk, not connected to anything but the handset.

iMax wrote: »
    (cheap MDF) desk.

that part stood out for me the most. and the lonely leather couch.
    it looks very much like a low end office in the commuter belt instead of the high end office of a multi millionaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

do you think the brits cringe as much at suralansugars london accent and affects, we wus, wus you etc

as we do at bills accent?

The show does suck, but its still entertaining and no matter what he comes across like, Bill Cullen is no mug.

O'Leary or desmond or someone would be better, but i doubt they wanted to do it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement