Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man United vs Middlesbrough Carling Cup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Are Boro not entering the FA Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Des wrote: »
    Are Boro not entering the FA Cup?

you honestly think boro will win the FA cup :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Great stuff Ronnie! 1-0 Ronaldo header.

you honestly think boro will win the FA cup :pac::pac::pac::pac:

You honestly think they have a chance in the mickey mouse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

HE'S BACK :D

1-0 ROOOOOOOOOOONALDOOOOOOOOOOOO

if your referring to the carling cup ya they did have a chance until Ronaldo scored:)

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nice finish!

Not a hope, they;re playin us!!! :pac::P (Hope karma doesnt screw me for that!!)

• Advertisement

How the hell did we not score there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

and he is back! Nice to see a fairly understated celebration as well. No badge kissing or anything stupid.

But what I am most shocked about is that it was a decent corner from Giggs.:eek:

hows posseban playing ??

hows posseban playing ??

Quite well. Some nice passing, has a good buzz about him in that he looks busy. He's lost the ball a few times but what I like about him is that when he does he fights tooth and nail to get it back.

Tbh at the moment its the Anderson show!

But what I am most shocked about is that it was a decent corner from Giggs.:eek:

Any professional player who can't beat the first man from a corner should hand back their wages.

Ryan Giggs, Stevie G I'm looking at you.

Absolute basic tenet of football, and people are getting paid to do it.

I cannot stand idiot players who constantly deliver shíte balls from corner kicks.

What is wrong with them?

Any professional player who can't beat the first man from a corner should hand back their wages.

I cannot stand idiot players who constantly deliver shíte balls from corner kicks.

What is wrong with them?

Drives me up the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Looks like they're playin well :) Good stuff. Maybe we can expect the rest of the 1st team to start playing well when they're against pleb opposition?

What's the odds on Downing getting a peno... and scoring it? :p Surely it's written in the stars

edit:

Nani seems to be doing silly sh*t... Walks through 3 players and then insists on going through the other 8, losing the ball in the process. Know your limits son!

Fantastic play there @ 41.45, great passing around. I have no idea how Ronaldo did not bury that :confused:

Should be at least 2 up. Hit the target ffs Giggsy.

Good half, some lovely football there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What is wrong with them?

This attitude really pisses me off to be honest.

Nani in about 1/3 corners will not beat the first man. He however gets about 5-8 assists from them a week.

If he wanted, I guarantee you he could whip in a corner that every single time would beat the first man, but he chooses not to hit them that way, and goes for extreme pace into a dangerous area, that often results in him not beating the first man, and other times, results in goals.

Giggs is a horrible corner taker, no doubt. But not beating the first man is going to happen some times. It's just wondering why they can't get the ball over the wall every time in a free kick. They could, easily. But they choose to hit it with extreme pace so that if they do get it over the wall, it'll do something.

Professional footballers should be able to do both, imo.

Beat the first man. It's not rocket science.

With Pace! Oh Noez, cant kick it fast and beat the first man. No. Not me. I'm only paid to play football.

edit.

Oh, and a wall ten yards away is not comparable to the first man on the near post, or standing on the six yard line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

PHB wrote: »
    This attitude really pisses me off to be honest.

Nani in about 1/3 corners will not beat the first man. He however gets about 5-8 assists from them a week.

If he wanted, I guarantee you he could whip in a corner that every single time would beat the first man, but he chooses not to hit them that way, and goes for extreme pace into a dangerous area, that often results in him not beating the first man, and other times, results in goals.

Giggs is a horrible corner taker, no doubt. But not beating the first man is going to happen some times. It's just wondering why they can't get the ball over the wall every time in a free kick. They could, easily. But they choose to hit it with extreme pace so that if they do get it over the wall, it'll do something.

It's pretty amusing that the loi fanatic says it as this happens a hell of a lot more in LOI football than anywhere else..

They can do both. But very very very very very few players do it consistantly. Beckham is the absolute best at it. Even he doesn't beat the first man sometimes!

To suggest that they just kick it in with pace beating the first man is just silly. It's actually like getting annoyed at players because they don't beat the wall every time, its the same thing.

ntlbell wrote: »
    It's pretty amusing that the loi fanatic says it as this happens a hell of a lot more in LOI football than anywhere else..

Guess what.

My own lads on the Boards team do it too. And I give them a bollocking over it.

PHBs probably seen/heard me doing it.

Your point has no relevance.

Is Hargreaves injuried again btw? Anyone hear? Fergie said he needed games.

PHB wrote: »
    Is Hargreaves injuried again btw? Anyone hear? Fergie said he needed games.

Havent heard anything but for Hargreaves to play 2 games in 3 days would be nothing short of amazing. Id say he'll likely play on Saturday.

Woulda thought 3 games in a week would be too much for Hargo tbh... There'll be flames coming out of his tendons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Guess what.

My own lads on the Boards team do it too. And I give them a bollocking over it.

PHBs probably seen/heard me doing it.

Your point has no relevance.

It's a stupid thing to be giving out about especially to your own players.

do you not think the player knows to beat the first man? do you not think that everytime they take a corner they're trying to beat the first man?

do you think they try to hit the first player in the face for fun?

it's a difficult skill to execute

get it in a good area/keep it away from the keeper/with pace and percission

it's not just lump it in and beat the first man if the object was to just beat the first man anyone could do it

it's to beat the first man and tick the rest of the boxes

you're whole point has no relvance as it just shows someone who was never a player good enough to take corners and has no idea of the level of skill involved.

wellbeck should have put that away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

From what i saw in the first have (fairly useless stream) Utd looked decent, Anderson turned up! Possebon looks comfortable on the ball, Ronaldo getting back into the swing of things as if he wasn't away, and Rafael looking as good defensivly as he is going forward (really excited about his prospects)!

Love to see Welbeck getting on the scoresheet and ofc a run out from Manucho if he's available!

• Advertisement

My stream has slowed to a crawl :(

1 all. Good finish. feck. Cant really see it as my stream is shocking but it looked like more shoddy defending.

Watching it @ http://soccertv.page.tl/fabiotv.htm atm, not the best stream but the best i can find!

thinkin my streams a few mins behind, apparantly Ronadlo is off and Tevez is on...but Im still watchin ronaldo!

Ronaldo off, Blanka on

There he goes, yea im behind!! tevez on, come on Apache!

wtf did Giggs have in mind there? :confused:

Rafa looks great... Welbeck hasn't been up to much tbh

Jebus, that looked nasty!

Edit, Pogatetz sent off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

red card!!!

how bad is that tackle/ Pogatez gone

• Advertisement

pogotetz sent off, not sure why, ill update when it gets shown!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

straight red for boro player. 1st impression was it was deserved. foul was on Possebon.

Nasty tackle, more reckless than intent I think. Still deserves a straight red.

Possebon has done well, I hope he's not injuried. It'd be very harsh on him, but he looks like its just an incredibly bad deep cut, which should deal ok.

But for all we know, it could be a broken bone :/ If it was just impact or a cut, he'd be off by now. It looks like he's badly injuried :(
    **** **** ****, that's just horrid :/ His first full game for United and he gets a broken leg :/ Poor lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Nice welcome to the english game there.

Looks like it could be a break. Being given oxygen and its looks like the are trying to splint his leg. Could be bad for the lad

:mad: ****in stream. i missed all that. God damn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

pogotetz sent off, not sure why, ill update when it gets shown!

shocking tackle. Wouldn't be surprised if he broke his leg

• Advertisement

This doesnt look good for Possebon

Horrible tackle

Going off on a stretcher now

Looked like a gash/cut on his leg, hopefully nothing more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Looks liek he is getting oxygen. I'd say he is well fcuked to be honest. he is in pain. surprised if we see him again anytime soon on a pitch.

My first impression was a break, judging by his reaction as soon as the tackle came in... hes been down for about 3 minutes and the gas is out, not looking good :( Was impressed by his contribution thus far, hope it's not too serious and he bounces back!

Gibson replaces him!

Jayzus, still down and getting oxygen :confused: Poor bugger

Gibson coming on

• Advertisement
Advertisement