Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing the Internet provider in the city centre

Options
  • 22-09-2008 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I will be moving to the city centre in a week. I would like to have an access to the Internet with reasonable speed, but I wouldn't like to overpay for that.
    I mainly use Internet to check emails, browse WebPages, use skype, watch youtube. Sometimes I would also like to download a film. Can anyone help me and advise what would be the best solution for me?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sorry, far to vague a question to help much.

First of all which city are you talking about, Dublin, Cork, Outer Mongolia? :D

Second even at that lots of different providers are available in different places. Also will you have a telephone line, what about cable?

Generally the top providers are (in no particular order):

UPC (over cable TV)
    Magnet
    Smart
    BT 24mb/s service

last three all over a telephone line, therefore line rental required.

Check with each of them to see if they are available in your new home and check out the prices and speeds on their websites to decide if it suits you or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 danae

Thanks for your answer bk. Now explanation: I was thinking about Dublin city centre. Sorry, I forgot to clarify...:)

Advertisement