Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI Audio

• 22-09-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭

Right this isn't a graphics issue.

I've got the laptop hooked up to the TV using an HDMI cable, but I can't get any sound out of it. Im damned positive HDMI is a complete Audio and Video cable - surround sound at that.

So how can I send sound through my HDMI? I can't just use a seperate Audio cable without using a completely seperate sound system: When the TV is set on HDMI input its set for that audio input too.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Check your sound devices. If you have "high definition something or other" in there then set that as default.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Hi, don't know much about this end of things but someone will help in here if they know a few things...

* Have you checked the tv for any other hidden settings related to the HDMI configuration?
    * Forgive a daft question but are all the cables fully pushed in at the back? (Sometimes some can be very sensative if even a little out)
    * What operating system are you using?
    * What graphics card is in the laptop?

I'm sure there is other questions. Any answers will help those much better than me in here.
    Hope you get it sorted. I know it can be frustraiting at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cushion you just won cake. That explains that Realtek Digital Output option thats been sitting in there forever - never knew what to make of it. brilliance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mmmm, cake.

*drools*

cake.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Can I have some cake? I would have given you the answer except nasty old cushion beat me too it.

fight cushion for it.

Advertisement